Everyone has an opinion about whether or not Donald Trump colluded with the Russians to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016. The number of actors involved is staggering, the events are complicated, and it’s hard to know who or what to believe. Spygate bypasses opinion and brings facts together to expose the greatest political scandal in American history.
Former Secret Service agent and NYPD police officer Dan Bongino joins forces with journalist D.C. McAllister to clear away fake news and show you how Trump’s political opponents, both foreign and domestic, tried to sabotage his campaign and delegitimize his presidency. By following the names and connections of significant actors, the authors reveal:
• Why the Obama administration sent a spy connected to the Deep State into the Trump campaign
• How Russians were connected to the opposition research firm hired by the Clinton campaign to find dirt on Trump
• How the FBI failed to examine DNC computers after they were hacked, relying instead on the findings of a private company connected to the DNC and the Obama administraton
• Why British intelligence played a role in building the collusion narrative
• What role Ukrainians played in legitimizing the perception that Trump was conspiring with the Russians
• How foreign players in the two events that kickstarted the Trump-Russia collusion investigation were connected to the Clinton Foundation, and
• What motivated the major actors who sought to frame the Trump campaign and secure a win for Hillary Clinton
"The Fight shines a much needed light on the troubling games DC politicians and insiders play with the American people." -Sean Hannity
"The Fight is a lesson plan for fighting back against the Washington DC political machine." - Mark Levin
In The Fight, Dan Bongino picks up the story where his New York Times bestselling book Life Inside the Bubble ends, tackling current political and security issues and offering new solutions. From Hillary's emails to the security failings at the White House (including the drone crash and the fence jumper); from Charlie Hebdo to Bowe Bergdahl--the author examines how our current administration has allowed our security efforts to lapse both at home and abroad. He also offers solutions to the growing terrorist threat and how we can protect American citizens while also deconstructing what's wrong with our political process and what his experience running for office has taught him.
As a former member of the elite Presidential Protection Division who served three Presidents, Bongino is uniquely qualified to provide a view from behind the curtain to warn readers about the political system that is failing them, and the security future that won't protect them. The majority of Americans only come into contact with security when they fly or enter their workplace. They are rarely able to become acquainted with the politicians they know from robo-calls and TV ads. Bongino has experienced the inner-workings of the national security apparatus and the failed political theater that we all feel but rarely understand. Using a mix of current events, an insider's analysis, and tales from his time protecting the president, he shows where clear and foreseeable leadership failures from our current administration led to grave consequences. From a broken political process to a president who consistently misreads the American people, he shows us where America has gone wrong and how we can fight back.