Using Kindle was written for all Kindle users, even those who have absolutely no technical expertise and are inexperienced in using a computer. Here are just a few of the many things you'll learn in this book:
-- Tips and tricks to help make your basic Kindle reading experience more enjoyable.
-- Coverage of Kindle DX's native PDF support and accelerometer - it will automatically switch from portrait to landscape when you turn it!
-- Details on Amazon's WhisperSync service for owners of multiple Kindles, an iPhone, or an iPod touch.
-- Details on where you can locate free books as well as tips on how you can search for hard-to-find free books.
-- How you can use free software to convert books and edit author name, title, and other information.
-- The best ways to take advantage of the Kindle's built-in Web browser, including how to use email, blog readers, eBay, social networking, and even manage your Netflix movie queue.
-- How to listen to music while you read.
-- How to listen to podcasts on your Kindle (and how to make the Kindle automatically remember your current place in your favorite podcast.)
-- A comprehensive FAQ on the Kindle using carefully researched questions asked by Kindle users.
-- Innovative ideas on using the Kindle for an information-storage device.
-- Much, much more!
Buy Using Kindle today and spend more time reading what you want and less time trying to figure out the Kindle.
This is the world’s most expert, complete, and practical guide to succeeding with Expression Web 4 SP2! Microsoft insider Jim Cheshire presents today’s best solutions for everything you need to do with Expression Web 4 SP2 and its brand-new HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery tools!. Create, edit, and manage content… implement leading-edge designs… integrate dynamic content… add powerful features with no custom coding… leverage SP2’s latest time-saving features…do the job right, and do it fast!
“In the trenches” solutions, big-picture insights, real examples, time-saving shortcuts Boost productivity with custom workspaces, Snapshot & Snippet panels, Universal
Commenting, and other SP2 improvements Optimize every phase of development, from site creation through reporting Use Expression Web 4 features together to solve real web design problems
and “Open as PHP” Efficiently troubleshoot any site development problem
The revolutionary Amazon Kindle is getting rave reviews, but most Kindle users feel that a far better manual is needed in order to get the most out of this extraordinary device.
Introducing Decoding the Kindle: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Most Out of Your Kindle. Meticulously researched and painstakingly written to be the one Kindle resource you can’t live without, Decoding the Kindle was written by Jim Cheshire, a passionate Kindle owner. It is a thorough guide covering all aspects of the Kindle. Unlike many of the other Kindle resources available, Decoding the Kindle is not a brief article on the Kindle. It’s a comprehensive e-book designed to teach you everything you need to know about the Amazon Kindle.
Decoding the Kindle was written for all Kindle users, even those who have absolutely no technical expertise and are inexperienced in using a computer. Here are just a few of the many things you’ll learn in this book:
· Tips and tricks to help make your basic Kindle reading experience more enjoyable.
· Details on where you can locate free books as well as tips on how you can search for hard-to-find free books.
· How you can use free software to convert books and edit author name, title, and other information.
· How you can use your own pictures for the Kindle screensaver, including details on what format of image you should use, how to convert your images, and links to free software you can use for image manipulation for the Mac and the PC.
· The best ways to take advantage of the Kindle’s built-in Web browser, including how to use email, blog readers, eBay, social networking, and even manage your Netflix movie queue.
· How to listen to music while you read.
· How to listen to podcasts on your Kindle (and how to make the Kindle automatically remember your current place in your favorite podcast.)
· A comprehensive FAQ on the Kindle using carefully researched questions asked by Kindle users.
· Innovative ideas on using the Kindle for an information-storage device.
· Much, much more!
Much of the information available on the Amazon Kindle is actually misinformation. If you want a comprehensive guide with step-by-step, detailed instructions on how to get the most from your Kindle without all the fluff, there’s only one clear choice: Decoding the Kindle: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Most Out of Your Kindle .
Spend more time reading what you want and less time trying to figure out the Kindle.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection.
My Windows 10 Tablet is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft, which covers the following topics:
· Taking advantage of Windows 10's best new features for tablets
· Getting productive fast, and taking control of the new Windows 10 interface and Start menu
· Securely connecting your Windows 10 tablet and using it safely in mobile environments
· Browsing the Web more quickly and reliably with the new Edge browser
· Connecting your tablet to your phone, other PCs, and other devices
· Making the most of the Cortana personal digital assistant
· Working with Windows 10—compatible Microsoft Office apps
· Using Continuum to work seamlessly on both tablets and other Windows devices
· Updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting your tablet
· Saving time and using your tablet to enhance your daily life
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, colorful screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost or confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help you get started quickly. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems you're most likely to encounter.
How to access the web edition:
Follow the instructions in the book to learn how to register your book to access the FREE Web Edition.
Windows® RT 8.1
instructions with callouts to Surface 2 photos that show you exactly what to do
when you run into Surface 2 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from your Surface 2
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your Surface 2 working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Get started quickly with Surface 2 and Windows RT 8.1
• Connect to Wi-Fi, share printers, and access files from your network or your SkyDrive cloud storage account
• Get on the Web fast and enjoy it more with Internet Explorer 11 and the Bing search engine
• Secure your Surface and control what your kids can do with it
• Do all your Facebook and Twitter social networking through the People app
• Find and play the music you love with Xbox Music, Radio, and Xbox Music Pass
• Watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, and other streaming video
• Instantly retrieve up-to-the-minute news from top media and journalists
• Create, edit, format, proof, and share documents with Word 2013
• Crunch numbers with Excel 2013
• Present on the go with PowerPoint 2013
• Use OneNote 2013 to organize notes, sync them across devices, and access them from anywhere
• Manage email and track your calendar with Outlook 2013
• Go anywhere with Surface 2’s easy maps and directions
• Capture, manage, touch up, and geotag your photos
• Make sure your files are always safely backed up
• Find the best new Windows Store Apps
• Keep your Surface 2 working reliably, with maximum battery life
• Personalize your Surface 2 using the newest customization settings
• Get more help whenever you need it
• Master all the basics, fast: reading, playing, watching, browsing, and more
• Tweak your Kindle Fire for quicker access and longer battery life
• Sample best-seller book chapters for free
• Mark up any eBook with highlights, notes, and bookmarks
• Convert your personal documents for use on Kindle Fire
• Discover Calibre, a powerful eBook management tool
• Control even the largest music libraries
• Get instant answers from Wikipedia, and from Kindle Fire’s built-in dictionary
• Listen to personalized Internet radio stations created just for you
• Use your Kindle Fire as a digital photo frame
• Prevent unwanted subscription charges
• Set up any email account to work on your Kindle Fire
• Explore any web content with Amazon’s innovative Silk browser
• Use Amazon Cloud to get your stuff anywhere—even if you left your Kindle at home
• And much much more…
Unlike many other guides which might only briefly mention or skip over some very import Kindle Fire features My Kindle Fire covers everything. Here are just a few of the things you'll find in My Kindle Fire that aren't covered in other guides:
• Full coverage of Calibre, a free application for Mac or PC that helps manage your eBook library
• A large number of walkthroughs for managing music playlists, including how to use cloud playlists.
• How to reinstall multiple apps at once in case you reset your Kindle Fire.
• Step-by-step walkthroughs on configuring all types of email accounts.
• Coverage on handling attachments in your email application.
• Importing contacts from your existing email application or cloud service and how you can export your contacts in order to back them up.
• How to use Copy and Paste on the Kindle Fire.
• How to use social networking integration with Facebook and others.
• Walkthroughs on using the Gallery app, Pandora, Audible, and other popular apps.
• Shows you how to access files on other computers in your house right from your Kindle Fire.
The only EXPRESSION WEB 2 book you need
The successor to the best-selling book on the first release of Microsoft Expression Web, this book provides comprehensive coverage of Microsoft Expression Web 2. You’ll learn the basics of Web design and Expression Web 2 and gain valuable insight into Expression Web 2’s advanced features, such as ASP.NET and PHP development. If you’re interested in learning how to design standards-compliant Web sites using Expression Web 2, this is the only book you need.
• Create standards-compliant Web sites with Expression Web 2 that work consistently in all browsers.
• Become proficient in the use of CSS by learning how to use the powerful CSS tools in Expression Web 2.
• Learn how to take advantage of ASP.NET and ASP.NET AJAX without writing any code.
• Learn how to use the new PHP features available in Expression Web 2.
• Add dynamic, interactive content with Behaviors and Layers.
• Design your Web site for accessibility using both Section 508 and WCAG compliance.
“Expression Web was built to help web authors create standards-based and standards-compliant web sites. Jim Cheshire has a broad understanding of those standards and a deep appreciation of Expression Web. Put the two together and you’ve got a guide that helps you understand and build sites that meet the challenges of modern Web design.”
Product Unit Manager,
Jim Cheshire is the owner of Jimco Software, a freeware software company and technology review site, and is the author of several books on Web development and ASP.NET. Jim has been heavily involved in Web development for more than a decade and has operated and designed many Web sites during that time. He’s been featured in numerous publications, including MSDN Magazine and PC Magazine. Jim previously worked on the FrontPage team at Microsoft and currently is an escalation engineer on the ASP.NET and IIS teams.
Category: Web Development
Covers Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level Beginning—Advanced
On the CD-ROM
• Sample files from the author
• FREE! full version of Logo Creator (retail value of $39.95)
• FREE! full version of DHTML Menu Builder Lite (retail value of $25)
• Electronic version of this book in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF)
Cover image: Digital Vision Photography/Veer Inc.
Visual Web Developer 2008.”
Principal Development Manager – Web Development Tools
Expression Web introduced ASP.NET to a new group of web developers. This book is designed to help you start using ASP.NET right away to add powerful new features to your website. Don’t worry, you won’t have to learn a lot of programming; instead, you’ll create an ASP.NET application from start to finish using Visual Web Developer 2008, while writing only a very small amount of actual programming code.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO…
• Create and work with websites in Visual Web Developer 2008
• Use the different compilation and code models in ASP.NET
• Configure ASP.NET security and other settings
• Use ASP.NET master pages and user controls
• Take advantage of ASP.NET membership features for a password-protected website
• Use form validation in ASP.NET
• Use CSS, skins, and themes
• Access, edit, and add data to a database using ASP.NET
• Send email using ASP.NET
• Use Ajax and ASP.NET Web services
• Debug and troubleshoot ASP.NET
. . . and much more!