Whether you're new to juicing, looking to complete a Reboot or just want to add variety to your daily juicing routine, this book is for you. The recipes are organized by color to ensure you enjoy a range of flavors and more importantly, receive a wide spectrum of nutrients. Have a health condition? Follow the key that indicates what juices are best for fighting specific conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, etc.
You’ll also find guidelines for cleaning and storing your fruits and veggies and a substitution chart if you want to swap fruit and veggies you don’t like or are hard to find in your area. Try a new juice every day!
Since his documentary, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, was released in 2010 and became a worldwide sensation, Joe Cross has become a tireless advocate for the power of juicing. The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet brings us of the plan that allowed him to overcome obesity, poor health, and bad habits, and presents success stories from others whose lives he’s touched.
Joe—who managed to lose one hundred pounds and discontinue all his medication by following his own plan—walks you through his life before juicing, sharing his self-defeating attitude toward food and fitness, and brings you along on his journey from obesity and disease to fitness, a clean bill of health, and the clarity of physical wellness.
In addition to sharing Joe’s inspirational story, The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet gives readers all the tools they need to embark on their own journey to health and wellness, including inspiration and encouragement, recipes, and diet plans.
Adopt Joe's 7 keys and thrive!
1. Change Your Relationship to Food (Don't Abuse Food)
2. Change Your Diet (Eat the Right Stuff)
3. Change Your Habits About Food (Find a New Groove)
4. Embrace Community (Get a Little Help From Your Friends)
5. Maintain the Machine (Follow the Upkeep Manual)
6. Practice Mindfulness (Chill Out)
7. Respect Yourself
''Before I started juicing, I was overweight and taking medication to treat an autoimmune disease. By drinking only fresh vegetable and fruit juices while making my film Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, I lost weight, got off the medication, and began to feel better than ever! Today, I still drink a lot of juice and eat a balanced diet centered on fruits and vegetables. But I've also realized that staying healthy is a lot more complex than just what you eat. I've distilled what I've learned down to 7 Keys to health and happiness. Paying attention to these 7 keys helps me thrive.'' --JOE CROSS
Juice It to Lose It is the all-new, easy juice diet from The New York Times best-selling author and creator of the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Joe Cross has done all the hard work already--all you have to do is commit to five short days! In that time, this simple, foolproof plan--complete with recipes--will jump-start a change in your life, health, and waistline.
Our bodies are built to feel and look energized, vibrant, happy, and healthy. But if we eat too many processed foods, we begin to feel and look sluggish. When that happens, our bodies are often slow to reset themselves the way they should. Joe's juice kick-start will help you get back to the way you're supposed to feel by knocking out all the junk that's clogging your system.
The shopping lists, meal plans, and encouragement from Joe in Juice It to Lose It will make it simple and fun for you to fill up on the nutrient-dense, sunlight-nourished foods that will help restore your body's balance. Whether you're a long-time follower of Joe's juicing diets or looking for a brand new way to turn your health around, Juice It to Lose It is here to help with a fresh look at juicing. Give it five days, and you will see and feel the power of juicing!
• 5 programmes de cure selon ses objectifs : cure coup de fouet (3 jours), cure pur jus (5 jours) pour tester davantage le régime, cure jus et nourriture solide (10 jours) pour ceux qui veulent perdre un peu de poids, cure classique (15 jours) pour les pertes de poids plus importantes, cure sur 30 jours.
• Pour chaque programme, des menus ciblés du petit déjeuner au coucher, avec des recettes testées (jus, smoothies, soupes, et quelques salades...) et les valeurs nutritionnelles (calories, protéines, glucides, lipides, fibres, etc.), des aliments de substitution pour tous les goûts...
• Les conseils sérieux pré et post-cure : où acheter ses fruits et légumes, quelle centrifugeuse choisir, quels changements concrets mettre en place dans son quotidien (alimentation pour préparer l’organisme, rapport avec son entourage, coaching et gestion des phases de motivation/découragement ...), quand consulter un médecin...
The book features 101 delicious recipes, containing Joe Cross' favorite ingredients, some of which can’t be juiced, such as nuts, nut milks, avocados, and even chocolate, in its purest form.
Recipes are organized by color to ensure you receive a wide spectrum of nutrients and flavors. Have a health condition? Follow the key that indicates what juices are best for fighting specific conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, etc.
If you're new to blending, this book includes detailed tips on how to prepare your ingredients to save you time and help your smoothies taste delicious.