You’ll learn the latest research on many of your favorite foods, as well as some surprising new findings on the health benefits of foods you may have been avoiding unnecessarily.
Did you know that, according to the latest research,
- Saturated fat does not cause heart disease?
- Full-fat dairy may protect against diabetes?
- There is no need to avoid meat if it is 100 percent grass fed?
- There is a major difference between farmed salmon and wild salmon?
No food provides everything. But real food—whole food with minimal processing—contains a virtual pharmacy of nutrients, phytochemicals, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and healthful fats, all of which keep you alive and thriving. Learn how easy it is to find “real” food and discover what more than a dozen well-known nutrition experts say are their “top ten” healthiest foods on earth.
It’s all the best nutrition advice you could possibly find in one package.
Eat, drink, and be healthy at any age with these delicious recipes!
Fight oxidative damage caused by free radicals, which wears you down from the inside out. Stop the silent killer of inflammation. Reduce the damage caused by sugar molecules, known as glycation. Relieve mental, physical, and emotional stress.
Acclaimed nutritionist Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., C.N.S., and chef Jeannette Bessinger, C.H.H.C., have crafted more than 140 flavorful, mouth-watering recipes loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, vitamins, minerals, and other key nutritional components that fight the effects of aging, prevent disease, and help you feel your best every day. Specific recipes protect your heart, brain, bones, liver, and immune system, helping each of these vital organs do its job and adding years to your life.
These scrumptious recipes feature foods eaten regularly by the longest lived societies on our planet—real food, not manufactured food “products.” Try Heart-Healthy Mega Omega Fettuccine Alfredo, Immune Boon Kung Pao Chicken Soup, Hike ’n’ Bike Trail Mix, Antioxidant Almond Nog, and Chocolate–Vitamin C Fruit Salad. Using delicious ingredients and smart, healthy cooking methods, Chef Jeannette transforms everyday food—and some comfort foods—into delicious dishes!
As Dr. Jonny says, the foods in this book “will fuel your body like high-octane gas in a Ferrari, allowing you to perform your best, live life to the fullest, and have boundless energy for decades and decades.”/DIV
The Great Cholesterol Myth reveals the real culprits of heart disease, including:
- Belly fat
- Triglyceride to HCL ratios
- High glycemic levels
Bestselling health authors Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., and Stephen Sinatra, M.D. give readers a 4-part strategy based on the latest studies and clinical findings for effectively preventing, managing, and reversing heart disease, focusing on diet, exercise, supplements, and stress and anger management.
Get proven, evidence-based strategies from the experts with The Great Cholesterol Myth.
"These convenient, time-saving dishes are delicious, healthy, and easy from prep to clean up!"—Calvin Hurd, publisher of Total Health Online, www.totalhealthmagazine.com
"The 150 Healthiest Slow Cooker Recipes on Earth is a foolproof guide to cooking flavorful, super satisfying one-pot dishes perfect for any budget or diet. You’ll feel good about eating meals made with the most nutrient-packed ingredients out there—and you’ll savor every bite while getting healthier!"—Nicole Brechka, editor of Better Nutrition
Discover how to make mouth-watering, super-healthy, and super-convenient slow-cooked meals! Nationally-known nutritionist Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., C.N.S., and chef Jeannette Bessinger, C.H.H.C., take slow cooking to a whole new level with these easy, nutritious, and deliciously satisfying recipes!
The “clean foods team” of Dr. Jonny and Chef Jeannette use wholesome ingredients, such as fresh fruit and vegetables, grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, and pasture-raised poultry in their recipes. Losing none of the convenience, they skip the high-sodium canned food “products” used in many slow cooker recipes and bring you dishes with both traditional and ethnic flair. Try the Real Deal Beef Stew with Orange and Clove, the Quick Sesame Teriyaki Low-Carb Lettuce Wraps, the Hot and Hearty Red, White, and Blue Crab Dip, or the Gingered Honey Pears with Cinnamon Sticks. Bon appetit!
Feel good about satisfying your craving for comfort food! You can now savor the taste—and healthiness—of warm, delicious, and comforting classics including mac ’n cheese, lasagna, chicken nuggets, pancakes, potato skins, and shepherd’s pie, thanks to acclaimed nutritionist Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., C.N.S., and whole foods chef Jeannette Bessinger, C.H.H.C.
The two transform 150 comfort food favorites into good-for-you dishes without sacrificing an ounce of taste by:
- cutting back on sugar to lower blood sugar impact
- increasing fiber and protein
- boosting nutrients with added fruits and vegetables
- focusing on higher-quality fats such as olive oil
- reducing calories by reducing overall fat
The result? Delicious new classics such as: Fresh Phyllo Chicken Pot Pie; Higher-Protein, Lower-Cal Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo; Whole-Grain Home-Grilled Pizza; Satisfying Real-Food Pumpkin Pancakes; Lower-Cal Loaded Potato Skins; and Grass-Fed Italian Feta Meatballs in Tomato Sauce. Your taste buds—and your health—will thank you!
- Veal Scaloppini Supreme/divDIV- Luscious Lemon Yogurt Cake/divDIV- Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Turkey Burgers/divDIV- Soul Warming Tuna Lasagna/divDIV- Fortifying Flourless Chicken Flapjacks/divDIV- Hearty Mediterranean Frittata/divDIV- Energizing Thai Spice Chicken Salad/divDIV- Gluten-Free Mediterranean Veggie Pizza/divDIV- Protein-Packed Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie/divDIV- Sweet and Spicy Beef or Chicken Stir Fry/divDIV /divDIV /divDIV“Bravo, bravo, bravo! Finally—a cookbook that puts flavor, healthy fats, and sanity back in the kitchen!”/divDIV-Christiane Northrup, M.D., best-selling author, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause/divDIV /divDIV“What a delight to find that all these ‘forbidden’ foods are exactly what we should be eating to keep our hearts healthy!”/divDIV-Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D, C.N.S., best-selling author, The Fat Flush Plan/divDIV /divDIV“You owe it to yourself, your heart, and your family to read this book, but more importantly, follow the program!”/divDIV?Robb Wolf, best-selling author ofThe Paleo Solution/divDIV /divDIV“Take it from the trusted experts in this book, and learn to enjoy the best foods for your heart, mind, and body!”/divDIV-Larry McCleary, M.D., author of Feed Your Brain, Lose Your Belly and The Fracture Cure/divDIV /divDIV“This team is a powerhouse of complementary skills and experience: Johnny Bowden is one of the world's leading authorities on functional foods. Stephen Sinatra is the first voice of metabolic cardiology. Deirdre Rawlings is an inspiring life coach.”/divDIV -Leo Galland, M.D., best-selling author of The Fat Resistance Diet/divDIV /divDIV“[The authors’] conclusions are contrary to conventional medical thinking—and in line with the best research out there! I find myself giving my patients the same message daily. I appreciate begin able to back it up with this well-considered, beautifully written book, which then provides them with recipes that are both practical and delicious. Let them eat fat!”/divDIV-Hyla Cass, M.D., author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health/divDIV /divDIV“[The authors’] arguments are based on scientific research published in peer-reviewed journals, which makes them difficult to refute. Tenets such as limit sugar, limit grains, no need to avoid saturated fat, and minimize processed foods, will go a long way in reversing risk factors for heart disease.”/divDIV-Colette Heimowitz, MSc, Vice President of Atkins Nutritionals, Inc./divDIV /divDIV“The dietary recommendations [the authors] make are right on target, and they are going to surprise you.”/divDIV-Jennifer Landa, M.D., chief medical officer of BodyLogicMD, author of The Sex Drive Solution for Women/divDIV /divDIV“You can trust [the authors’] collective wisdom, which tends to go against everything you’ve ever heard from conventional wisdom sources—it’s spot-on! You won’t go wrong heeding the advice they’re sharing. In fact, it very well could save your life!”/divDIV-Jimmy Moore, author of Cholesterol Clarity: What the HDL Is Wrong with My Numbers?/divDIV /divDIV“. . . The Great Cholesterol Myth Cookbook busts unscientific food myths—so you can get back to the joy of eating!”/divDIV-Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., author of Beat Sugar Addiction Now!/divDIV /divDIV /div/div/div
For years experts have told us that eating fat is bad. But by banning fat from our diets, we’ve deprived ourselves of considerable health benefits—and have actually sabotaged our own efforts to lose weight.
Though they originally came from vastly different schools of thought about diet and weight loss, renowned nutritionist Jonny Bowden and well-respected physician Steven Masley independently came to the same conclusion about why so many people continually fail to shed pounds and get healthy. It all comes back to a distinction far more important than calories vs. carbs or paleo vs. plant-based: smart fat vs. dumb fat.
In Smart Fat, they explain the amazing properties of healthy fat, including its ability to balance hormones for increased energy and appetite control, and its incredible anti-inflammatory benefits. The solution for slimming down—and keeping the pounds off for life—is to “smart-fat” your meals, incorporating smart fats with fiber, protein, and most importantly, flavor. Bowden and Masley identify smart fats, explain what not to eat, and provide a thirty-day meal plan and fifty recipes based on the magic formula of fat, fiber, protein, and flavor.
It’s time to unlearn what we think we know about food. Getting smart about fat—and everything you eat—and learning to smart-fat your meals is the only solution you'll ever need.
Nutrition is never more critical than during pregnancy. What you choose to put on your plate affects you and your baby’s health not just in utero but for years to come. However, many nutritional guidelines for pregnancy are complex, confusing, and offer an uninspiring list of things to eat for the next nine months.
Backed up by the latest nutritional research, this guide debunks pregnancy food myths and uncovers a number of surprising food choices that are superfoods for expectant mothers.
Anchovies are a high-protein, naturally salty snack—a great food for avoiding feelings of nausea; and they contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which foster baby’s brain development during the first trimester. Leeks are the vegetable equivalent of a super multivitamin-mineral tablet containing high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, and iron, plus fiber, B vitamins, and other minerals. Their mild, slightly sweet flavor makes them appealing if you’re suffering from morning sickness. Cherries contain mel/st1:personnameatonin, an antioxidant hormone that promotes healthy sleep for you and stimulates cell growth in your growing baby. Celery is a healthy snack rich in silica, a mineral which tones and firms your skin—the perfect nutritional support for your stretching and expanding breasts and belly.
This one-of-a-kind nutrition reference guide is also packed with helpful quick-reference charts and sidebars, highlighting healthy (but no less delicious!) substitutes for commonly craved foods like ice cream and potato chips. You’ll also discover the most up-to-date research regarding pregnancy dilemmas, such as how to get more omega-3s from fish in your diet while avoiding mercury. It’s pregnancy nutrition made easy!
Le cholestérol, une cause de mortalité ? En France, Michel de Lorgeril puis Philippe Even ont commencé à lever le voile sur une imposture médicale qui fait du cholestérol un épouvantail destiné à nourrir l'industrie pharmaceutique. Aux États-Unis, Jonny Bowden et Stephen Sinatra continuent l'enquête. Ils dévoilent comment le cholestérol a été « construit » en problème de santé publique, et l'inutilité des traitements longtemps préconisées : les statines (déjà dénoncées par Even), mais pas seulement.
Alors comment lutter contre les maladies cardio-vasculaires ? En arrêtant de se battre contre le seul cholestérol, et en s'attaquant aux vraies origines des MCV : les sucres, qui causent inflammation et stress oxydatif. L'ouvrage propose donc un programme de rééquilibrage par l'alimentation, la relaxation, des traitements doux...