Among the topics covered are:
· Associations between the use of music, cultural participation and health-related outcomes in adult Scandinavian populations
· Music practice and emotion handling
· How music translates itself biologically in the body
· Music as a forum for social-emotional health
· Participation and partnership as core concepts in music and public health
· Music therapy as health promotion for mothers and children at a public health clinic
Music and Public Health will gain interested readers among researchers, teachers, students, and clinicians in the fields of music education and therapy, as well as researchers and students of public health who are interested in the influence of culture and the arts. The book also will be relevant to administrators in public health services.