When Hikari finally asks Kei out, it seems like a dream come true. But they weren't counting on a double date with Sakura and Jun! And when Kei and Hikari finally get a moment alone, who shows up but the dreaded Yahiro? Throw Megumi, Takashi and Akira in the mix, and it's another troubled day in paradise! -- VIZ Media
Her whole life, Hikari Hanazono has been consumed with the desire to win against her school rival, Kei Takishima--at anything. He always comes out on top no matter what he does, and Hikari is determined to do whatever it takes to beat this guy...somehow!
At age 6 Hikari lost to Kei in an impromptu wrestling match. Now, at 15, Hikari joins "Special A," a group of the top seven students at a private academy, for the opportunity to trounce the guy who made her suffer her first defeat.
-- VIZ Media
Kei's grandfather summons Hikari to London to tell her Kei is overextending himself for her sake. Feeling guilty, Hikari decides to keep her distance from Kei. But her luck takes a strange turn when a prince she meets in London follows her all the way back to Japan! Will Hikari fall for his royal charms while she's avoiding Kei? -- VIZ Media
-- VIZ Media
When Sakura learns of Hikari's feelings for Kei, she is determined to get the two together! But getting Hikari to confess is more difficult than anyone imagined. The effort will take Kei and Hikari from a haunted house to a deadly duel to a date with Kei's mom to...Australia?! This is one trip you won't want to miss! -- VIZ Media
Interdisciplinary Mechatronics concerns mastering a multitude of disciplines, technologies, and their interaction, whereas the science of mechatronics concerns the invention and development of new theories, models, concepts and tools in response to new needs evolving from interacting scientific disciplines. The book includes two sections, the first section includes chapters introducing research advances in mechatronics engineering, and the second section includes chapters that reflects the teaching approaches (theoretical, projects, and laboratories) and curriculum development for under- and postgraduate studies. Mechatronics engineering education focuses on producing engineers who can work in a high-technology environment, emphasize real-world hands-on experience, and engage in challenging problems and complex tasks with initiative, innovation and enthusiasm.
1. Interdisciplinary Mechatronics Engineering Science and the Evolution of Human Friendly and Adaptive Mechatronics, Maki K. Habib.
2. Micro-Nanomechatronics for Biological Cell Analysis and Assembly, Toshio Fukuda, Masahiro Nakajima, Masaru Takeuchi, Tao Yue and Hirotaka Tajima.
3. Biologically Inspired CPG-Based Locomotion Control System of a Biped Robot Using Nonlinear Oscillators with Phase Resetting, Shinya Aoi.
4. Modeling a Human’s Learning Processes toward Continuous Learning Support System, Tomohiro Yamaguchi, Kouki Takemori and Keiki Takadama.
5. PWM Waveform Generation Using Pulse-Type Hardware Neural Networks, Ken Saito, Minami Takato, Yoshifumi Sekine and Fumio Uchikoba.
6. Parallel Wrists: Limb Types, Singularities and New Perspectives, Raffaele Di Gregorio.
7. A Robot-Assisted Rehabilitation System – RehabRoby, Duygun Erol Barkana and Fatih Özkul.
8. MIMO Actuator Force Control of a Parallel Robot for Ankle Rehabilitation, Andrew Mcdaid, Yun Ho Tsoi and Shengquan Xie.
9. Performance Evaluation of a Probe Climber for Maintaining Wire Rope, Akihisa Tabata, Emiko Hara and Yoshio Aoki.
10. Fundamentals on the Use of Shape Memory Alloys in Soft Robotics, Matteo Cianchetti.
11. Tuned Modified Transpose Jacobian Control of Robotic Systems, S. A. A. Moosavian and M. Karimi.
12. Derivative-Free Nonlinear Kalman Filtering for PMSG Sensorless Control, Gerasimos Rigatos, Pierluigi Siano and Nikolaos Zervos.
13. Construction and Control of Parallel Robots, Moharam Habibnejad Korayem, Soleiman Manteghi and Hami Tourajizadeh.
14. A Localization System for Mobile Robot Using Scanning Laser and Ultrasonic Measurement, Kai Liu, Hongbo Li and Zengqi Sun.
15. Building of Open-Structure Wheel-Based Mobile Robotic Platform, Aleksandar Rodic and Ivan Stojkovic.
16. Design and Physical Implementation of Holonomous Mobile Robot–Holbos, Jasmin Velagic, Admir Kaknjo, Faruk Dautovic, Muhidin Hujdur and Nedim Osmic.
17. Advanced Artificial Vision and Mobile Devices for New Applications in Learning, Entertainment and Cultural Heritage Domains, Gian Luca Foresti, Niki Martinel, Christian Micheloni and Marco Vernier.
18. Application of Stereo Vision and ARM Processor for Motion Control, Moharam Habibnejad Korayem, Michal Irani and Saeed Rafee Nekoo.
19. Mechatronics as Science and Engineering – or Both, Balan Pillai and Vesa Salminen.
20. A Mechatronic Platform for Robotic Educational Activities, Ioannis Kostavelis, Evangelos Boukas, Lazaros Nalpantidis and Antonios Gasteratos.
21. The Importance of Practical Activities in the Formation of Mechatronic Engineers, Joao Carlos M. Carvalho and Vera Lúcia D.S. Franco
About the Authors
Maki K. Habib is Professor of Robotics and Mechatronics in the School of Science and Engineering, at the American University in Cairo, Egypt. He has been regional editor (Africa/Middle East,) for the International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems (IJMMS) since 2010. He is the recipient of academic awards and has published many articles and books.
J. Paulo Davim is Aggregate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Aveiro, Portugal and is Head of MACTRIB (Machining and Tribology Research Group). His main research interests include manufacturing, materials and mechanical engineering.
Minase can't stop thinking about the summer of his last year of high school when his mother died. His friend Susa took him to the beach and patted him on the head. Now, five years later, Minase keeps waking up at three every morning to find a sleepwalking Susa at his door.
Though Sawaki's high school crush Shiino left him, he could never forget him. After running into him again three years later, he swears this time will be different, even if the ring on Shiino's finger means he has already been claimed by another.
A Fortnight Until We Touch features three emotional short stories of second chances born from words left unsaid.
The Sports Festival rages on, and Hikari has to win if she wants to stay in SA... but she's not the only one who's sweating. Will Kei risk his reputation to keep Hikari in the fold? Prepare for ruthless battles, nail-biting tension, and the introduction of SA's first couple! -- VIZ Media
Kei's family has arranged for him to marry a girl named Sakura...but Sakura is already hopelessly in love with her ideal "prince," Jun! When Hikari finds out, she is all too delighted to play matchmaker between Jun and Sakura...but this latest attempt to humiliate Kei is about to backfire in a way she never expected! -- VIZ Media
The Kokusen Academy Culture Festival is here, and the Special A crew is making sure it runs smoothly. But chaos erupts when Kei's grandfather tries to haul Kei off to London! Worse, when Hikari tries to intervene, she gets abducted! But the worst part of it all is that amidst all the drama, Hikari is starting to realize her true feelings for Kei... -- VIZ Media
After finding out about Hikari's date with Tadashi, Kei is driven to distraction and kidnaps Hikari. However, Kei soon develops a high fever and collapses, and Hikari finds herself nursing him. Will Kei's love finally reach the thickheaded Hikari?
-- VIZ Media