CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions that arise in everyday clinical practice. Readers will find authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders along with a concise, yet thorough synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. Written in a clear, easy-to-read style, this trusted classic covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care, and also includes discussion of new developments and breakthroughs in medicine. Presented in full color, CMDT covers every aspect of general medicine, with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective strategies.
• The only text with an annual review of the advances made in HIV treatment
• Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
• Many decision-speeding diagnostic and treatment algorithms and tables
• The perfect balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient care
• New chapter on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Health
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter
This dollar-saving package includes:
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2017
CMDT is the most successful annual book covering the field of internal medicine and has been acclaimed for its comprehensive coverage of current inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic tools relevant to day-to-day practice, and full review of all primary care topics. In addition to its use as a reference text, CMDT is outstanding as a core clinical textbook for medical students and nurse practitioner and physician assistant students to study for a variety of exams in a variety of medical and health-related markets.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Study Guide, 2nd edition
The study guide is organized according the Core Curriculum of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine. The 30+ core topics include essentials conditions, presentations, and diseases seen by general practitioners in the inpatient and outpatient setting. The Second Edition study guide has been extensively updated and covers the essential issues a third-year medical student must know for the clerkship shelf exam in Internal Medicine.
The study guide utilizes content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and LANGE Pathophysiology of Disease to provide case-based content that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts.
Each topic includes:
• Learning Objectives
• An expanded list of questions to evoke case analysis
• Detailed discussion of Signs and Symptoms, Lab Findings, Imaging Studies, Medications.
• Discussions of Therapeutic Procedures and Outcomes (eg, Follow up and Complications)
• References for each topic
The flashcards utilize content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and Lange Pathophysiology to provide a case-based application that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts. The second edition of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Flashcards features updated, refreshed content throughout, making it the most indispensable—and current—clerkship prep tool available. Now more than ever, it’s required reading for every medical and nursing student, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, house officer, and practicing physician.Extensive content updating to the flashcards Cross-referenced to the CMDT book in the flashcard references to point you to relevant content in the most recent edition of the book Questions cover salient features; how to think through the problem; essentials of diagnosis; symptoms and signs; differential diagnosis; laboratory, imaging, and procedural findings; treatment modalities; and more
Features case-based coverage of 80 must-know diseases and disorders, from skin and hematologic disorders to infectious disorders For each topic, the study guide includes learning objectives; an expanded list of questions to prompt case analysis; a more detailed emphasis on signs and symptoms, lab findings, imaging studies, and medications; additional discussions on therapeutic procedures and outcomes; and full references
The study guide utilizes content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and Lange Pathophysiology to provide a case-based application that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts. The second edition of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Study Guide is extensively updated and examines the most fundamental issues you need to know to succeed on the clerkship shelf exam in Internal Medicine. The study guide includes an expanded format for a more formal and in-depth review and is perfect for instructors utilizing the main CMDT text.