Windows Media Player 11 is the latest update to Microsoft's popular digital media player program. WMP11 offers a giant step forward in features and ease-of-use, and many critics are calling it the best media player software available today.
With all its new features and functions, how do you use WMP11 to do what you need to do? How do you rip songs to your hard drive, or burn music CDs, or watch DVDs and downloaded videos? And what other new features are included?
Those questions and more are answered in the new Digital Shortcut Using Windows Media Player 11 , from best-selling author Michael Miller. Using Windows Media Player 11 is a detailed how-to guide for WMP11 -- the kind of instruction manual that users wish would have come with the program.
Readers will learn how to use WMP11 to:
- Organize their digital music libraries
- Play back digital music and movies
- Create custom playlists
- Edit the information stored on music metadata tags
- Rip music from CDs to hard disk
- Burn custom music CDs
- Sync their music to a portable music player
- Organize and display digital photos
- Purchase and download music from Microsoft's new URGE music service
Everything you need to know about the new Windows Media Player 11 is described in this Digital Shortcut. Using Windows Media Player 11 is the ideal guide for new WMP users -- or for anyone considering the upgrade!
Finally, there’s a comprehensive guide to digital marketing specifically for B2B companies. In B2B Digital Marketing, Michael Miller thoroughly explains how to use each leading digital marketing vehicle to successfully market any product or service to your target companies. You’ll start with planning, discovering how to choose your best platforms and strategies for customer acquisition, sales conversion, and retention. Next, master crucial execution skills for web, search, social, and mobile marketing, online advertising, email, blogs, YouTube, online PR, and more. Finally, discover exactly how to measure your effectiveness, refocus based on what you learn, and prepare for the newest developments in B2B digital marketing. Whether you’re a B2B marketer, product manager, sales professional, PR specialist, manager, or entrepreneur, this book will help you use new low-cost techniques to build stronger relationships, close more sales, and earn higher profits—starting today!
You’ll Learn How To:
• Define realistic, measurable goals for your B2B digital marketing initiative
• Segment your audience and identify the best digital platforms and vehicles for connecting with them
• Systematically address the entire B2B buying continuum: reach, acquisition, conversion, retention, and loyalty
• Create a flexible, actionable B2B digital marketing plan
• Design a website that helps B2B buyers quickly find exactly what they need
• Optimize your site for today’s search engines and today’s customers
• Use tailored, targeted email to reach more customers and prospects at lower cost
• Craft online advertising to reinforce organic search, support promotions, and attract web seminar participants
• Drive real value from Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter
• Effectively utilize blogs, podcasts, and streaming media
MICHAEL MILLER has written more than 100 nonfiction books, including The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide; Using Google® AdWords and AdSense; Using Google® Search; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization; Sams Teach Yourself Google Analytics in 10 Minutes; and Facebook for Grown-Ups. Miller’s books have sold more than one million copies worldwide. He has established a reputation for clearly explaining technical subjects to non-technical readers, and offering exceptionally useful real-world advice on complex topics. More information can be found at his website, www.molehillgroup.com.
YouTube marketing is easy enough that any business can do it. All you need is some low-cost video equipment—and a winning strategy. After you figure out the right type of videos to produce, you can use YouTube to attract new customers and better service existing ones.
That’s where this book comes in. The valuable information and advice in YouTube for Business help you make YouTube part of your online marketing plan, improve brand awareness, and drive traffic to your company’s website—without breaking your marketing budget.
In this updated second edition of YouTube for Business, you learn how to
• Develop a YouTube marketing strategy
• Decide what types of videos to produce
• Shoot great-looking YouTube videos—on a budget
• Edit and enhance your videos
• Create a brand presence with your YouTube channel
• Produce more effective YouTube videos
• Promote your videos on the YouTube site
• Link from your videos to your website with Call-to-Action Overlays
- The basics of tones, including pitches, clefs, scales, intervals, and major and minor keys.
- The building blocks of rhythm, including note values, basic notation, time signatures, and tempo, dynamics, and navigation.
- How tunes are created, starting with melodies, chords, chord progressions, and phrases and forms.
- The basics of accompaniment, including transcribing, accompanying melodies, and transposing to other keys.
- Composing and arranging, including coverage of musical genres and forms, how to compose your own music, arranging for voices and instruments, working with lead sheets and scores, and performing your music.
- Helpful reference appendixes, including a glossary, chord charts, and instrument ranges.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter, and an answer key appendix.
- All-new coverage of genres, composing, and arranging.
- Expanded online ear-training and transcribing exercise content.
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…Choose the right Spotify subscription plan Play your favorite music—anywhere Import your own music into your Spotify library Search for songs and artists Create your own Spotify radio station Assemble music into playlists Share music with your Facebook friends Expand Spotify with third-party apps Scrobble your Spotify music to Last.fm Play Spotify on your iPhone
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates and corrections as they become available.
User Level: Beginning
Help when you run into Chromebook problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your brand-new Chromebook
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Chromebook or ChromeboxTM working just the way you want. Learn how to:
Quickly set up your Chromebook or Chromebox, log in, and get productive Get comfortable with Google’s intuitive new Chrome Desktop interface Reliably connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet networks Use Google Drive to access files from your Chromebook or any other computer Securely share files with Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ followers or friends Play and edit photos, music, and video online Browse and search the Web with the Google Chrome browser Safely share your Chromebook with other users Get started with free or low-cost web-based office productivity software Build shared calendars, schedule meetings, and manage email Find great new apps for business, education, entertainment, gaming, and more Print to your printer across the Internet with Google Cloud Print Configure your Chromebook for maximum security and privacy Optimize your Chromebook’s performance and battery life Work and play faster with Chromebook’s built-in keyboard shortcuts Evaluate the new top-of-the-line Google Chromebook Pixel Troubleshoot and recover from frozen apps and other problems
CATEGORY: PC Hardware
COVERS: Google Chromebook
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
Who knew how simple wireless networking could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to creating, using, troubleshooting, and doing more with your wireless network…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do, at home or in your business! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Buy the right equipment without overspending
• Reliably connect Windows PCs, Macs, iPads, Android tablets, game consoles, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and more
• Get great performance from all your networked devices
• Smoothly stream media without clogging your entire network
• Store music and movies so you can play them anywhere in your home
• Keep neighbors and snoopers out of your network
• Share the files you want to share–and keep everything else private
• Automatically back up your data across the network
• Print from anywhere in the house–or from anywhere on Earth
• Extend your network to work reliably in larger homes or offices
• Set up a “guest network” for visiting friends and family
• View streaming videos and other web content on your living room TV
• Control your networked devices with your smartphone or tablet
• Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots and get online in your car
• Find and log onto hotspots, both public and hidden
• Quickly troubleshoot common wireless network problems
Michael Miller is the world’s #1 author of beginning computer books. He has written more than 100 best-selling books over the past two decades, earning an international reputation for his friendly and easy-to-read style, practical real-world advice, technical accuracy, and exceptional ability to demystify complex topics. His books for Que include Computer Basics Absolute Beginner’s Guide; Facebook for Grown-Ups; My Pinterest; Ultimate Digital Music Guide; Speed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow PCs, and Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource.
Covers: Wireless Networking
User Level: Beginning
Google Spreadsheets is the new web-based spreadsheet application that's giving Microsoft Excel a run for its money. With Google Spreadsheets, you can create complex spreadsheets online, using any web browser, complete with sophisticated formulas and functions. You can even share spreadsheets online and perform collaborative editing on those spreadsheets with other users anywhere in the world. And the best thing is, Google Spreadsheets is completely free!
Using Google Spreadsheets is the first e-book to cover Google's innovative online spreadsheet program. You learn how to create new web-based spreadsheets, upload and work with existing Excel spreadsheets, create complex formulas, apply a variety of formatting effects, and let other users share and edit their spreadsheets. Delivered in Adobe PDF format for quick and easy access, Using Google Spreadsheets includes everything you need to create your own sophisticated online spreadsheets. It also includes a detailed reference to the more than 200 functions included in the program, and a great cheatsheet you can print off and refer to for quick reference.
Introducing Google Spreadsheets
Migrating from Excel to Google Spreadsheets
Navigating the Google Spreadsheets Workspace
Creating, Opening, and Saving Google Spreadsheets
Entering and Editing Data
Working with Ranges
Inserting, Deleting, Moving, and Copying Data
Changing Column Width and Row Height
Formatting Google Spreadsheets
Entering and Editing Formulas
Working with Multiple Sheets
Printing Google Spreadsheets
Sharing and Collaborating with Google Spreadsheets
A Final Word
Your hard-core, up-to-the-minute, how-to guide
Download, rip, store, organize, play, stream–anything, anywhere
Seriously into digital music? Best-selling how-to author, serious audiophile, and eclectic music-lover Michael Miller will help you get all the digital tunes you want, whenever and wherever you want them! Miller guides you through today’s best new options, from iTunes to Spotify…helps you make the most of social music, Internet radio, and cloud music services…even shows how to transform your home into a digital music paradise. This book is packed with practical answers, easy step-by-step instructions, insider tips, great ideas, and new music sources you never knew existed!
For everyone who’s passionate about music!
• Discover brand-new digital music services, sites, and devices that fit your lifestyle
• Find great new music on iTunes, Amazon, and sites you’ve never heard of
• Get the truth about piracy, file sharing, and copyright
• Find huge amounts of legally free music
• Rip, store, and organize: Build your perfect music library
• Determine the best audio file format and compression rate for your collection
• Create simply amazing playlists
• Stream songs anywhere, with Spotify, Pandora, Internet radio, and the cloud
• Get great sound from your iPod or iPhone on your home audio system
• Build a whole-house digital audio system, the easy way
• Choose your best next media player (Apple or otherwise)
• Find and share tunes on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and beyond
The best-selling beginner's guide, now completely updated for Windows 7 and today's most popular Internet tools - including Facebook, craigslist, Twitter, and Wikipedia Easy step-by-step instructions cover setting up a new PC, getting online, working with digital media, using productivity tools, and much more By the world's #1 author of beginning technology books, Michael Miller
This year, you may be one of the millions of casual computer users that will buy a new Windows 7 notebook or desktop PC. You'll want to know how to find your way around, get comfortable, and get the job done - without jargon, complexity, or hassle. There's a book for you: Michael Miller's Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, Windows 7 Edition. It's the one book that covers everything today's beginners and near-beginners need to know: not just about Windows, but also about software, hardware, and the Internet. Through 90+ books, author Michael Miller has established an unparalleled track record in explaining complicated concepts simply and clearly, and empowering beginners. Now, he's thoroughly updated his best-selling Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics to cover today's user experience - with Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8, and today's hottest online tools, from craigslist and Facebook to Twitter, Wikipedia, and Google Docs. Miller offers step-by-step instructions and friendly, practical advice for making the most of Windows 7's improvements, including the new taskbar, Action Center, and Aero Snap. He walks through setting up a new computer; connecting to the Internet; working with digital media; burning custom CDs; watching DVD movies; using Microsoft Office and other popular software; managing money online; setting up home networks; keeping PCs running reliably; and protecting them from spam, viruses, and spyware. This is the one indispensable book for today's PC novice.