Windows Media Player 11 is the latest update to Microsoft's popular digital media player program. WMP11 offers a giant step forward in features and ease-of-use, and many critics are calling it the best media player software available today.
With all its new features and functions, how do you use WMP11 to do what you need to do? How do you rip songs to your hard drive, or burn music CDs, or watch DVDs and downloaded videos? And what other new features are included?
Those questions and more are answered in the new Digital Shortcut Using Windows Media Player 11 , from best-selling author Michael Miller. Using Windows Media Player 11 is a detailed how-to guide for WMP11 -- the kind of instruction manual that users wish would have come with the program.
Readers will learn how to use WMP11 to:
- Organize their digital music libraries
- Play back digital music and movies
- Create custom playlists
- Edit the information stored on music metadata tags
- Rip music from CDs to hard disk
- Burn custom music CDs
- Sync their music to a portable music player
- Organize and display digital photos
- Purchase and download music from Microsoft's new URGE music service
Everything you need to know about the new Windows Media Player 11 is described in this Digital Shortcut. Using Windows Media Player 11 is the ideal guide for new WMP users -- or for anyone considering the upgrade!
Finally, there’s a comprehensive guide to digital marketing specifically for B2B companies. In B2B Digital Marketing, Michael Miller thoroughly explains how to use each leading digital marketing vehicle to successfully market any product or service to your target companies. You’ll start with planning, discovering how to choose your best platforms and strategies for customer acquisition, sales conversion, and retention. Next, master crucial execution skills for web, search, social, and mobile marketing, online advertising, email, blogs, YouTube, online PR, and more. Finally, discover exactly how to measure your effectiveness, refocus based on what you learn, and prepare for the newest developments in B2B digital marketing. Whether you’re a B2B marketer, product manager, sales professional, PR specialist, manager, or entrepreneur, this book will help you use new low-cost techniques to build stronger relationships, close more sales, and earn higher profits—starting today!
You’ll Learn How To:
• Define realistic, measurable goals for your B2B digital marketing initiative
• Segment your audience and identify the best digital platforms and vehicles for connecting with them
• Systematically address the entire B2B buying continuum: reach, acquisition, conversion, retention, and loyalty
• Create a flexible, actionable B2B digital marketing plan
• Design a website that helps B2B buyers quickly find exactly what they need
• Optimize your site for today’s search engines and today’s customers
• Use tailored, targeted email to reach more customers and prospects at lower cost
• Craft online advertising to reinforce organic search, support promotions, and attract web seminar participants
• Drive real value from Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter
• Effectively utilize blogs, podcasts, and streaming media
MICHAEL MILLER has written more than 100 nonfiction books, including The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide; Using Google® AdWords and AdSense; Using Google® Search; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization; Sams Teach Yourself Google Analytics in 10 Minutes; and Facebook for Grown-Ups. Miller’s books have sold more than one million copies worldwide. He has established a reputation for clearly explaining technical subjects to non-technical readers, and offering exceptionally useful real-world advice on complex topics. More information can be found at his website, www.molehillgroup.com.
YouTube marketing is easy enough that any business can do it. All you need is some low-cost video equipment—and a winning strategy. After you figure out the right type of videos to produce, you can use YouTube to attract new customers and better service existing ones.
That’s where this book comes in. The valuable information and advice in YouTube for Business help you make YouTube part of your online marketing plan, improve brand awareness, and drive traffic to your company’s website—without breaking your marketing budget.
In this updated second edition of YouTube for Business, you learn how to
• Develop a YouTube marketing strategy
• Decide what types of videos to produce
• Shoot great-looking YouTube videos—on a budget
• Edit and enhance your videos
• Create a brand presence with your YouTube channel
• Produce more effective YouTube videos
• Promote your videos on the YouTube site
• Link from your videos to your website with Call-to-Action Overlays
Help when you run into Chromebook problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your brand-new Chromebook
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Chromebook or ChromeboxTM working just the way you want. Learn how to:
Quickly set up your Chromebook or Chromebox, log in, and get productive Get comfortable with Google’s intuitive new Chrome Desktop interface Reliably connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet networks Use Google Drive to access files from your Chromebook or any other computer Securely share files with Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ followers or friends Play and edit photos, music, and video online Browse and search the Web with the Google Chrome browser Safely share your Chromebook with other users Get started with free or low-cost web-based office productivity software Build shared calendars, schedule meetings, and manage email Find great new apps for business, education, entertainment, gaming, and more Print to your printer across the Internet with Google Cloud Print Configure your Chromebook for maximum security and privacy Optimize your Chromebook’s performance and battery life Work and play faster with Chromebook’s built-in keyboard shortcuts Evaluate the new top-of-the-line Google Chromebook Pixel Troubleshoot and recover from frozen apps and other problems
CATEGORY: PC Hardware
COVERS: Google Chromebook
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
- The basics of tones, including pitches, clefs, scales, intervals, and major and minor keys.
- The building blocks of rhythm, including note values, basic notation, time signatures, and tempo, dynamics, and navigation.
- How tunes are created, starting with melodies, chords, chord progressions, and phrases and forms.
- The basics of accompaniment, including transcribing, accompanying melodies, and transposing to other keys.
- Composing and arranging, including coverage of musical genres and forms, how to compose your own music, arranging for voices and instruments, working with lead sheets and scores, and performing your music.
- Helpful reference appendixes, including a glossary, chord charts, and instrument ranges.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter, and an answer key appendix.
- All-new coverage of genres, composing, and arranging.
- Expanded online ear-training and transcribing exercise content.
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…Choose the right Spotify subscription plan Play your favorite music—anywhere Import your own music into your Spotify library Search for songs and artists Create your own Spotify radio station Assemble music into playlists Share music with your Facebook friends Expand Spotify with third-party apps Scrobble your Spotify music to Last.fm Play Spotify on your iPhone
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates and corrections as they become available.
User Level: Beginning
Who knew how simple wireless networking could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to creating, using, troubleshooting, and doing more with your wireless network…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do, at home or in your business! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Buy the right equipment without overspending
• Reliably connect Windows PCs, Macs, iPads, Android tablets, game consoles, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and more
• Get great performance from all your networked devices
• Smoothly stream media without clogging your entire network
• Store music and movies so you can play them anywhere in your home
• Keep neighbors and snoopers out of your network
• Share the files you want to share–and keep everything else private
• Automatically back up your data across the network
• Print from anywhere in the house–or from anywhere on Earth
• Extend your network to work reliably in larger homes or offices
• Set up a “guest network” for visiting friends and family
• View streaming videos and other web content on your living room TV
• Control your networked devices with your smartphone or tablet
• Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots and get online in your car
• Find and log onto hotspots, both public and hidden
• Quickly troubleshoot common wireless network problems
Michael Miller is the world’s #1 author of beginning computer books. He has written more than 100 best-selling books over the past two decades, earning an international reputation for his friendly and easy-to-read style, practical real-world advice, technical accuracy, and exceptional ability to demystify complex topics. His books for Que include Computer Basics Absolute Beginner’s Guide; Facebook for Grown-Ups; My Pinterest; Ultimate Digital Music Guide; Speed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow PCs, and Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource.
Covers: Wireless Networking
User Level: Beginning
Google Spreadsheets is the new web-based spreadsheet application that's giving Microsoft Excel a run for its money. With Google Spreadsheets, you can create complex spreadsheets online, using any web browser, complete with sophisticated formulas and functions. You can even share spreadsheets online and perform collaborative editing on those spreadsheets with other users anywhere in the world. And the best thing is, Google Spreadsheets is completely free!
Using Google Spreadsheets is the first e-book to cover Google's innovative online spreadsheet program. You learn how to create new web-based spreadsheets, upload and work with existing Excel spreadsheets, create complex formulas, apply a variety of formatting effects, and let other users share and edit their spreadsheets. Delivered in Adobe PDF format for quick and easy access, Using Google Spreadsheets includes everything you need to create your own sophisticated online spreadsheets. It also includes a detailed reference to the more than 200 functions included in the program, and a great cheatsheet you can print off and refer to for quick reference.
Introducing Google Spreadsheets
Migrating from Excel to Google Spreadsheets
Navigating the Google Spreadsheets Workspace
Creating, Opening, and Saving Google Spreadsheets
Entering and Editing Data
Working with Ranges
Inserting, Deleting, Moving, and Copying Data
Changing Column Width and Row Height
Formatting Google Spreadsheets
Entering and Editing Formulas
Working with Multiple Sheets
Printing Google Spreadsheets
Sharing and Collaborating with Google Spreadsheets
A Final Word
The Internet of Things (IoT) won’t just connect people: It will connect “smart” homes, appliances, cars, offices, factories, cities… the world. You need to know what’s coming: It might just transform your life.
Now, the world’s #1 author of beginning technology books has written the perfect introduction to IoT for everyone. Michael Miller shows how connected smart devices will help people do more, do it smarter,
do it faster. He also reveals the potential risks—to your privacy, your freedom, and maybe your life.
Make no mistake: IoT is coming quickly. Miller explains why you care, helps you use what’s already here, and prepares you for the world that’s hurtling toward you.
--What is IoT? How does it work? How will it affect me?
--What’s realistic, and what’s just hype?
--How smart is my “smart TV” really? (And, is it watching me?)
--Can smart IoT devices make me healthier?
--Will smart appliances ever be useful?
--How much energy could I save with a smart home?
--What’s the future of wearable tech?
--When will I have a self-driving car?
--When will I have a nearly self-driving car? (Hint: Surprisingly soon.)
--Is IoT already changing the way I shop?
--What’s the future of drones, at war and in my neighborhood?
--Could smart cities lower my taxes?
--Who gets the data my devices are collecting?
--How can I profit from the Internet of Things?
--What happens when the whole world is connected?
--Will I have any privacy left at all?
Your hard-core, up-to-the-minute, how-to guide
Download, rip, store, organize, play, stream–anything, anywhere
Seriously into digital music? Best-selling how-to author, serious audiophile, and eclectic music-lover Michael Miller will help you get all the digital tunes you want, whenever and wherever you want them! Miller guides you through today’s best new options, from iTunes to Spotify…helps you make the most of social music, Internet radio, and cloud music services…even shows how to transform your home into a digital music paradise. This book is packed with practical answers, easy step-by-step instructions, insider tips, great ideas, and new music sources you never knew existed!
For everyone who’s passionate about music!
• Discover brand-new digital music services, sites, and devices that fit your lifestyle
• Find great new music on iTunes, Amazon, and sites you’ve never heard of
• Get the truth about piracy, file sharing, and copyright
• Find huge amounts of legally free music
• Rip, store, and organize: Build your perfect music library
• Determine the best audio file format and compression rate for your collection
• Create simply amazing playlists
• Stream songs anywhere, with Spotify, Pandora, Internet radio, and the cloud
• Get great sound from your iPod or iPhone on your home audio system
• Build a whole-house digital audio system, the easy way
• Choose your best next media player (Apple or otherwise)
• Find and share tunes on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and beyond
The best-selling beginner's guide, now completely updated for Windows 7 and today's most popular Internet tools - including Facebook, craigslist, Twitter, and Wikipedia Easy step-by-step instructions cover setting up a new PC, getting online, working with digital media, using productivity tools, and much more By the world's #1 author of beginning technology books, Michael Miller
This year, you may be one of the millions of casual computer users that will buy a new Windows 7 notebook or desktop PC. You'll want to know how to find your way around, get comfortable, and get the job done - without jargon, complexity, or hassle. There's a book for you: Michael Miller's Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, Windows 7 Edition. It's the one book that covers everything today's beginners and near-beginners need to know: not just about Windows, but also about software, hardware, and the Internet. Through 90+ books, author Michael Miller has established an unparalleled track record in explaining complicated concepts simply and clearly, and empowering beginners. Now, he's thoroughly updated his best-selling Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics to cover today's user experience - with Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8, and today's hottest online tools, from craigslist and Facebook to Twitter, Wikipedia, and Google Docs. Miller offers step-by-step instructions and friendly, practical advice for making the most of Windows 7's improvements, including the new taskbar, Action Center, and Aero Snap. He walks through setting up a new computer; connecting to the Internet; working with digital media; burning custom CDs; watching DVD movies; using Microsoft Office and other popular software; managing money online; setting up home networks; keeping PCs running reliably; and protecting them from spam, viruses, and spyware. This is the one indispensable book for today's PC novice.
The all-encompassing book about everything Google. Not only will you learn advanced search techniques, but you also will learn how to master Google’s web and software tools. It’s all inside!
Google’s new web browser
create your own gadgets
turn web applications into desktop applications
use Google’s phone
create your own personal blog
Google’s web-based email service
Google Web Search
the most popular search on the Internet
put profit-making ads on their own website
buy keyword advertising on the Google site
Google Product Search
find hot deals without ever leaving your office chair
a web-based scheduling and public calendar service
search documents and emails on your PC’s hard drive
create and share web-based word processing and spreadsheet documents
a fun way to view 3D maps of any location on Earth
view and share videos over the Web
a collection of user-created message forums
maps, satellite images, and driving directions for any location
GOOGLE MAY BE THE INTERNET’S MOST POPULAR SEARCH SITE, BUT IT’S ALSO MORE THAN JUST SIMPLE WEB SEARCHES.
• Use Google developer tools and APIs
• Create MySpace and Facebook applications with OpenSocial
• Use Google Gears to turn web-based applications into desktop applications
• Use Google to search for news headlines, scholarly articles, and the best prices on the Web
• Read and respond to blog postings and create your own blogs with Blogger
• View the latest viral videos with YouTube
• Use Android, the new Google phone
• Use Google with the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch
• Create maps and driving directions with Google Maps
• Use Google’s free web-based email service Gmail
• Create your own custom Google Maps mashups—and put customized Google search on your own website
Michael Miller has written more than 80 nonfiction how-to books, including Que’s Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics, YouTube for Business, and Photopedia: The Ultimate Digital Photography Resource.
User Level: Intermediate to Advanced
My Samsung Galaxy S7 for Seniors helps you quickly and easily get started with the new smartphone and use its features to look up information and perform day-to-day activities from anywhere, any time.
Veteran author Michael Miller has written more than 100 nonfiction books and is known for his ability to explain complex topics to everyday readers. Michael wrote this book from the 50+ point of view, using relevant examples and covering all the most popular tasks.Set up contacts, accounts, and voicemail Make and receive voice and video calls Turn your phone into an alarm clock Explore the Web with Google Chrome Customize your phone’s settings Master the arts of texting and emailing Take and share great photos and videos Get driving directions Watch TV and movies in the palm of your hand Use your phone to monitor your health Learn all the exclusive features of the Galaxy S7 Edge Keep your phone safe and secure
Unfortunately, recent changes at eBay have made online auctions less reliable and profitable. So where can you sell when you can’t sell on eBay? Online auctions are the past; fixed-price selling is the future. It’s time to move beyond eBay and first-generation online selling and start Selling Online 2.0. Second generation online selling means migrating from eBay to other online marketplaces, including craigslist, Amazon, and your own e-commerce website. You’ll need to make some new plans, learn some new skills, and change some of the things you do--but you’ll find that there’s more money to be made on your own than relying on traditional eBay online auction sales.Put together a plan to maintain your sales level and profitability--to counteract eBay’s changes Discover how to shift from auction sales to fixed-priced listings on the eBay marketplace Find out if running an eBay Store or selling on Half.com makes sense for your business Learn out how to sell locally on craigslist and other online classifieds sites Discover how to sell fixed-price merchandise on the Amazon marketplace Find out how to launch your own e-commerce website--and promote your online store Learn how to sell products across multiple channels--and manage multichannel conflicts
Music history is a required course for all music students. Unfortunately, the typical music history book is dry and academic, focusing on rote memorization of important composers and works. This leads many to think that the topic is boring, but bestselling author Michael Miller proves that isn't so. This guide makes music history interesting and fun, for both music students and older music lovers.
* Covers more than Western "classical" music-also includes non-Western music and uniquely American forms such as jazz
* More than just names and dates-puts musical developments in context with key historical events
My Windows® 10 Computer for Seniors is an easy, full-color tutorial on the latest operating system from Microsoft. It includes 2 hours of FREE step-by-step video tutorials to help you learn how to navigate and customize the new Windows 10 desktop.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection. To learn more, visit www.quepublishing.com/CUP.
Veteran author Michael Miller will help you learn to:Set up your computer with no fuss or aggravation Get productive fast, even if you don’t have computer experience Use Windows’ new touch features if you have a touchscreen device Safeguard your privacy, and protect yourself from online scams Find, install, and use easy new Modern apps Display up-to-the-minute news, weather, and stock prices Use new SmartSearch to find everything faster on the Internet Discover reliable health and financial information online Make free Skype video calls to friends and family Use Facebook to find old friends and see what they’re up to Store your pictures, fix them, and share them with loved ones Read eBooks on your PC—even enlarge text for greater comfort Watch TV or movies with Netflix, Hulu Plus, or YouTube Enjoy your music, and discover great music you’ve never heard Fix your own computer problems without help
The DVD will contain 12 videos, each averaging 10 minutes each, for a total of approximately two hours of video instruction. The videos will show how to perform specific tasks in step-by-step function, or illustrate specific features visually. The following videos are included:
1. Connecting a New PC
Hands-on guide to making all the necessary connections -- speakers, mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB peripherals.
2. Getting to Know Windows 10
General tour of Windows 10 and most useful features.
3. Personalizing Windows
Presenting all of Windows 10's customizable interface features.
4. Making Windows Easier to Use
Examining Windows 10's Ease of Access features
5. Browsing and Searching the Web
Using the new Edge browser (and Google search engine) to browse and search the Internet
6. Protecting Yourself Online
Tips and advice for safe and secure use of the Internet and email
7. Sites for Older Users
Presenting the best websites for older users
8. Sending and Receiving Email
Sending and receiving email with Win10's Email app (and a little bit on Gmail, too)
9. Connecting with Facebook
Basic guide to Facebook for older users
10. Editing and Sharing Digital Photos
Using Win10's Photos app to manage and edit digital photos.
11. Watching Movies and TV Shows on Your PC
How to use Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and other sites to watch streaming video online.
12. Working with Files and Folders
Basic file/folder management.