- Setting up an organized, efficient, inexpensive, and safe workspace.
- Buying the right tools for what they want to accomplish.
- The fundamental concepts of working with metal.
- Key fabrication techniques such as moving, piercing, smoothing, and joining.
- How to add embellishments such as gems and found objects.
- Adding surface textures and colors.
- Attaching chains and mechanisms and finishing a piece to perfection.
- Designing and executing truly unique pieces.
Along the way, special sidebars give readers alternate methods for accomplishing various techniques, tear-free ways to correct common mistakes, safety warnings, and more. The book also includes a dozen original project ideas, with access to more projects and video instruction online.
Drawing on historical materials and intensive field research, including two contemporary case studies, Peluso presents the story of the forest and its people. Without major changes in forest policy, Peluso contends, the situation is portentous. Economic, social, and political costs to the government will increase. Development efforts will by stymied and forest destruction will continue. Mindful that a dramatic shift is unlikely, Peluso suggests how tension between foresters and villagers can be alleviated while giving peasants a greater stake in local forest management.
Secrets By: Nancy Lee Secrets is the magical tale of a witch/queen dragon and the ups and downs of her life. She falls in love with a witch. It shows how people can overcome their obstacles to find love. It shows all different types of animals, fairies, and pixies, and other items that get along with one another if we stop and understand what each one is about and listen to them to find out they are the same as humans. They love, hurt, and laugh. Secrets teaches us that with everything that is going on with the world, we need to stop, listen to each other, and show love and compassion.