More and more people are realizing the true benefits of incorporating regular massages in their routines, thus making it part of their lifestyles. Not only are you guaranteed a lucrative career as a therapist, the jobs are also abundant and only growing. Massage therapists help individuals relieve pain caused by day to day stress build-up, body tightening, injury or illness. Many people these days have incorporated regular massages in their lifestyle routines to proactively mitigate physical problems, maintain good posture and just feel better.
A massage therapist’s role is very important and extremely meaningful, which is why the demand for this service has continuously increased over time. It has become one of the most popular careers sought after by many today. Most practicing therapists are employed by hospitals, clinics, sports facilities and smaller private companies that are everywhere. In addition, many massage therapists work independently as either business contractors or in private homes. No matter where you live, there will always be demand for your services and thus several options near you that offer these jobs.
Whether you are just now starting your career in the massage field, or want to grow your existing career, this book’s goal is to help you meet your objectives. In the next few chapters you will find information about the requirements you need to become a massage therapist, information on massage therapy schools, online schooling options, jobs, salaries, career growth and more.
There is an extremely high demand for massage therapists. With increased population growth, awareness, health consciousness and active lifestyles, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects massage therapist jobs to grow another 20-30% in the next couple years.
Because of the growing demand for massage therapists, many are becoming more interested in this professional career. Unfortunately, most do not know what the requirements are, how to get into the field and how to thrive in a profession that is saturated with so many other therapists.
Similarly, many others who are already practicing as massage therapists do not know about the options to advance their careers through either additional training, the appropriate networking opportunities, diversification, specialization and more.
All the best to you and here’s to your career success!
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to a Career in Massage Therapy
2. Three Things You Should Know Before Becoming a Massage Therapist
3. How to Find the Right Massage Therapy School for You
4. How to Find Information on the Best Massage Therapy Schools
5. Characteristics of the Best Massage Therapy Schools
6. Why You Should Select an Accredited, Certified Massage Therapy School
7. Are Online Massage Therapy Schools Legitimate?
8. The Main Differences Between Local and National Massage Therapy Schools
9. What Is the Cost of a Good Massage Therapy School?
10. How to Ensure You Get a Top Quality Education
11. How to Apply to a Massage Therapy School
12. How to Apply to a Massage Therapy School
13. Courses Offered in Massage Therapy Schools and Continuing Education
14. The Importance of Massage Therapy Certification
15. Skills Needed for a Successful Career or Business in Massage Therapy
16. Three Main Subsets of Massage Therapy Jobs: Clinical, Sports & Spa
17. The Process of a Successful Massage Therapy Job Search
18. The Need for Liability Insurance When Practicing Massage Therapy
19. Why You Need to Pursue Continuing Education for Massage Therapy Summary