Graphic designer, teacher, and Photoshop expert Nigel French saves you hours of frustration by illuminating the best selection tools and techniques for specific tasks, and the most flexible approaches to correcting and editing images in Photoshop. Using step-by-step examples, this book clarifies often-misunderstood selection methods, shows which masks best select a range of tone or color, and demonstrates how the right tools and techniques can help transform even the most mediocre picture into a polished image, saving you hours of time.
• Learn the fundamentals of making selections, and when to choose which method
• Blend images and replace backgrounds using layer, vector, and channel masks
• Correct color and exposure using adjustment layers
• Make next-to-impossible hair selections with channel masks
• Create a non-destructive workflow, giving you total creative freedom
nuance of a single spacing width to efficiently creating long and complex documents. InDesign Type shows not just how to use InDesign’s extensive type features, but why certain approaches are preferable to others, and how to avoid common mistakes. Whether you’re creating a single-page flyer or a thousand-page catalog, whether your documents will be printed or viewed on screen, InDesign Type is an invaluable resource for getting the
most out of InDesign’s typographic toolset.
InDesign Type provides:
• An exclusive focus on the typographic capabilities of InDesign
• Complete coverage of macro and micro typography in InDesign
• Clear, engaging explanations of the why and the how of good typography