• Do you know the name of The Who’s second rock opera?
• Can you name the three longest running Broadway musicals in history?
• How about the person Kurt Cobain referred to as his favourite performer on Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged recording?
• How old was the oldest Beatle when Paul McCartney announced he had left the band in April 1970?
Now music snobs can test their musical savvy about everything from acid techno to folk metal. THE GREAT MUSIC TRIVIA QUIZ BOOK covers all musical genres with a focus on rock and pop from the 1960s through today.You may know that Bono’s real name is Paul Hewson and that John Lennon was featured on the first cover of Rolling Stone, but it might surprise you to learn that compact discs have been on the market since 1982, that the title of AC/DC’s 8th album, “For Those About to Rock, Salute You” is a reference to Roman gladiators, and that music was first transmitted over phone lines in the 19th century.
A variety of quiz formats from multiple choice questions to matching lists are accompanied by timed challenges, colourful anecdotes, and sidebar explanations. Featuring chapters like VIDEOS THAT KILLED THE RADIO STARS and OOPS, I DIDN’T DO IT AGAIN (the sad fate of one-hit wonders.) You might nab a high score in classic rock, but how will you score in hip hop? And maybe it’s time to find out if your knowledge of jazz is as extensive as your taste for movie soundtracks.
For the tone deaf and the virtuosos, for those who claim to be authorities and those who want to learn more, for the musical theorists and the X Factor fanatics, this collection of music trivia is fun to play on your own, ideal to test friends in the pub, or intriguing to simply read for the surprising facts and behind-the-scenes trivia.
Does your dog respond to hand gestures?
How about facial signals?
Can he perform tricks both inside and outside?
Now you can find out just how smart your dog really is by giving him or her the Dog IQ Test. With three fun quizzes designed to measure your dog’s communication skills, social behaviour, motor skills and memory, you’ll finally discover if your dog is really a canine Einstein.
Test Your Dog also comes complete with guidelines on analyzing your dog’s score, tips for improving your dog’s IQ and amusing illustrations throughout.
Loaded with hundreds of disgusting, repulsive, gruesome, and loathsome facts, this is by far the foulest collection of trivia around.
Try not to gag as your read about bad breath, bile, burps, ear wax, scabs, sneezes, snot, spit, and sweat. Avert your eyes or discover the truth about flesh-eating bacteria, maggots, sour milk, rotten fruit, and toe jam.
With gross-out facts about animals, the human body, the environment, cultures around the world, and the nasties of your very own home, you won’t be able to stop reading – though maybe you’ll wish you had!
• Animal kingdom, including fire-ant nests and shark’s spiral poop
• Human body, including bad breath, farts, pus, and rigor mortis
• Around the house, including dead skin cells and pillow mites
• History, including Black Plague and guillotine clean-up
• Environment, including the amount of pee in public pools, litter in outer space, and sewage in oceans
• Disgusting customs, including being buried alive, maggot-infested-cheese, and the Moose Dropping Festival
• Medicine, including maggot therapy and uses of crocodile poop
Praise for Jiggle Shots:
“Do your guests a favor with something from this tome of seventy-five semisolid concoctions.” —Daily Candy