Gauri Sankar Datta is a professor of statistics at the University of Georgia. He has published extensively in the fields of Bayesian analysis, likelihood inference, survey sampling, and multivariate analysis.
Rahul Mukerjee is a professor of statistics at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He co-authored three other research monographs, including "A Calculus for Factorial Arrangements" in this series. A fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, Dr. Mukerjee is on the editorial boards of several international journals.
Presenting one of the most dynamic areas of statistical research,this book offers a systematic, rigorous, and up-to-date treatmentof fractional factorial designs and related combinatorialmathematics. Leading statisticians Aloke Dey and Rahul Mukerjeeconsolidate vast amounts of material from the professionalliterature--expertly weaving fractional replication, orthogonalarrays, and optimality aspects. They develop the basic theory offractional factorials using the calculus of factorial arrangements,thereby providing a unified approach to the study of fractionalfactorial plans. An indispensable guide for statisticians inresearch and industry as well as for graduate students, FractionalFactorial Plans features:
* Construction procedures of symmetric and asymmetric orthogonalarrays.
* Many up-to-date research results on nonexistence.
* A chapter on optimal fractional factorials not based onorthogonal arrays.
* Trend-free plans, minimum aberration plans, and search andsupersaturated designs.
* Numerous examples and extensive references.