Quickly learn Affinity Photo image editing
Affinity Photo is the hot photo editing package from Serif. It can compete head on with the latest version of Photoshop. It’s also affordable, incredibly powerful and exceptionally flexible. But all this power and flexibility brings its own challenges.
Just like Photoshop, Affinity Photo can be confusing and tricky to learn. Even with a background in Photoshop image editing it’s likely you will miss a lot of its features. And unlike Photoshop you won’t have an endless choice of books to learn from. Which is where “Essential Affinity Photo” comes to the rescue.
In this comprehensive yet easy to follow book, Landscape Photographer Robin Whalley explains the core features of Affinity Photo Desktop. Written in his unique, easy to understand style, Robin explains logically the essential techniques you need to know to learn Affinity Photo. Follow this book and its examples and you will soon be editing images as though you have been using the software for years.
The book is arranged into a series of lessons that focus in on the essential image editing skills. Each lesson builds on the previous one, minimising repetition and saving you valuable time.
You will learn about:
- Different Affinity Photo Personas, what these do and how to navigate them.
- The Develop Persona, using it to convert a Raw photo file into a high-quality image.
- How layers form the backbone of the Photo Persona and how to use them to improve your editing.
- Different Adjustment layers, filters and live filters you can apply, to fine tune and improve your photography.
- How to convert your images to black and white as well as important techniques such as Dodging and Burning.
- Creating and using layer masks to precisely target your adjustments to specific areas of an image.
- Harnessing the power of the Export Persona.
- And lots more.
Throughout the book there are examples and exercises for you to follow. The author provides the images for these on his website, allowing you to follow along on your own computer.
You won’t need to wade through hundreds of pages to find answers. This is a comprehensive and concise guide to help you learn Affinity Photo. It doesn’t matter if you are a complete novice or have some experience of Affinity Photo, this book could help improve your Affinity Photo editing.
In this book you’ll learn to:
- Produce detailed and complex masks in minutes not hours.
- Create detailed Channel Masks, allowing you to replace a boring sky or change a colour.
- Quickly generate Luminosity Masks to target adjustments on the highlights, shadows or midtones of an image.
- Make complex selections using the latest Photoshop CC tools as well as traditional techniques. It doesn’t matter how old your version of Photoshop is, there will be techniques you can use.
- Quickly clean up masks with a simple brushing technique. This enables you to beautifully blend adjustments, essential in creating realistic photography.
The complex subject of Photoshop masking has been distilled into this easy to use book. Featuring many examples, you can follow along using the actual image files supplied on the author’s website.
Cut through the hype and confusion circulating on the internet and learn Photoshop masking. Even if you have tried to before and struggled, this book can help you.
- Learn how to reveal the full potential in your photos, making them stand out from the crowd.
- Create complex and precise selections that leave most people wondering how.
- Develop a standard workflow you can apply to any image, for great results.
- Use important tools and adjustments, but also understand why.
- Understand the best way to tackle any image and what order to apply your adjustments.
- Find new and powerful uses for tools you may previously have ignored.
The Photographers Guide to Lightroom’s Develop module has been written and illustrated with the latest Lightroom Classic CC edition (release January 2018). But if you’re using an earlier version of Lightroom, it’s still relevant but you won’t have access to all the features covered.
This book has been written for photographers by a photographer. It assumes only a limited knowledge of Lightroom’s Develop module but will quickly build your skills to an impressive level. It doesn’t matter if you find Lightroom a challenge, everything is explained with the author’s characteristic, no-nonsense approach.
If you want to achieve excellent results fast, follow the guidance in this book.
Concise, easy to follow steps makes learning Photoshop a snap
If you want to achieve professional results, use professional techniques. Layers, Layer Masks and Blending Modes are the tools of choice amongst professional image editors.
In this concise book, Landscape Photographer Robin Whalley guides us through these essential tools and techniques. Specifically designed to meet the needs of the photographer, this guide is packed with easy to follow examples and advice.
How this book will help you
The book is arranged into three sections: <br>
Section 1 explains how to work with layers and how you can apply their power to your photography.
Section 2 looks at using masks together with layers. You will learn how to easily target adjustments onto precise areas of an image. You will also learn powerful techniques to create complex masks with ease. The section concludes with a detailed example, combining two images seamlessly into one.
Section 3 examines how Photoshop blending modes can be used with layers. It will help you quickly understand the different blending modes, what they do and how you can use them. Several blending mode recipes are presented to reinforce your understanding of the different modes. The section concludes with a powerful demonstration of blending modes, combining photography and image textures into beautiful digital art.
To support the book’s many examples, Robin provides the images. These can be downloaded from his website, allowing you to practice on your own computer. This is a concise book focused on helping you develop your Photoshop skills. Don’t waste valuable time, needlessly wading through pager of filler content.
If you want to learn Photoshop Layers fast, read this book.
The techniques in this book can be used with any version of Adobe Photoshop supporting layers, including the latest Creative Cloud release. Please note, the book doesn’t apply to Elements or Lightroom.
Learn to manage your images like the professionals
Are you struggling with too many photos cluttering up your computer?
Do you find you can’t keep pace with the growth in your image library?
Can you find the photo you need quickly, or are you wasting time browsing thousands of images?
Are you faced with a backlog of photos, unsure of the best way to organise them?
In this comprehensive yet easy to follow guide, Landscape Photographer Robin Whalley explains how Lightroom can help you manage your photo library. Written in his unique, easy to understand style, Robin explains logically everything you need to know. Even if you find yourself with a huge backlog of images, this book will help you to wrestle back control.
Section 1 provides an overview of the Lightroom Catalog and the important feature of the Library Module. This ensures you understand the most important tools and can be used as quick reference guide later.
Section 2 then explains how to apply the tools of the Library Module to real-world problems and situations.
You will learn:
+ Why the Catalog is critical to Lightroom and how to avoid some costly but very common mistakes.
+ How to organise your digital photographs and how this relates to Lightroom’s folders.
+ How to import photos to Lightroom, while using automation to save yourself time later.
+ To apply Flags, Ratings and Labels to your photos, helping you sort and organise your photo library.
+ To quickly find photos, even from a library with many thousands of images.
+ To create and manage a vocabulary of keywords, adding these to your photos.This book doesn’t have you wading through hundreds of pages to find answers. It’s a comprehensive and concise guide to quickly help you to manage your photos like a professional. Seemingly complex processes are summarised into a simple to apply but effective workflow.
Follow this guide to regain control of your photo library.
Fully revised & updated August 2018
Covers DxO and Google versions of Nik Silver Efex Pro 2
Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 quickly gained an enthusiastic following amongst photographers’ keen to produce dramatic black and white photography. Today, it still enjoys a strong following and for good reason. It helps you to quickly produce photographs that could take many hours using other photo editors. Despite this, a lot of photographers still don’t realise the full potential of their work.
The secret to success with Nik Silver Efex Pro is like most things in life. It’s knowing what to do to achieve a desired outcome. This is where this book can help you.
· It thoroughly explains every control in the Silver Efex software. Not by using vague descriptions, but by examining the effect of the controls on sample images.
· You will find recommendations about which sliders to use to achieve specific results.
· There are tips spread throughout the book explaining how to accomplish dramatic conversions as well as improve your photo editing.
· It explains the order in which you should apply adjustments to your image to improve conversions (it’s not the order in the interface suggests).
· There are ideas about how to pre-process your photos before converting them black and white.
· It contains four full length examples detailing image conversions with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
To support the worked examples in this book, you can download the starting images from the authors website and follow his editing on your own computer.
Truly master Nik Silver Efex Pro with the help of this book.