Written as a standalone guide, School Culture Recharged clarifies the difference between culture and climate and zeroes in on key school improvement efforts, including
* Moving from the culture you have to the culture you want;
* Using the school’s culture to improve teaching, job satisfaction, and morale;
* Maximizing the intentions of professional learning communities; and
* Developing organizational habits--rules and rituals--that can contribute to positive change.
For education leaders at all levels, this book delivers a compelling message: Understanding and harnessing the transformative power of school culture can propel your school into the kind of place where teachers want to work, administrators can focus on what matters most, and students can thrive.
* "Culture-busting" strategies to help teachers adopt positive attitudes, outlooks, and behaviors;
* A framework for pinpointing the type of culture you have, the type that you want, and the actions you need to take to bridge the two;
* Tips for hiring, training, and retaining teachers who will actively work to improve your school's culture; and
* Instructions on how to create and implement a successful School Culture Rewiring Team.
Though often invisible to the naked eye, a school's culture influences everything that takes place under its roof. Whether your school is urban or rural, prosperous or struggling, School Culture Rewired is the ultimate guide to making sure that the culture in your school is guided first and foremost by what's best for your students.