Now, forty years later, that groundbreaking book is back. Featuring a brand-new introduction, Mountain Brew shows you how to produce homemade malt, grow your own hops, and keep away thirsty neighbors who want to steal your hooch. Through recipes and colorful stories from their day, let these Green Mountain boys (and girls) show you how to make better beer than you'd ever find at the local watering hole.
• The romantic history and modern molding of candlepower
• Traditional kerosene lamps
• The versatile Aladdin
• Liquid propane (LP) gas lights
• Kerosene and gas pressure lanterns (the Coleman)
• Incandescent mantle safety
• The "Return of Firelight" from glass-fronted hearths and stoves
In addition, Matson shows how to select, assemble, install, and safely maintain these non-electric sources of light. This guide will be indispensable for vacation homes, camps, boats, RVs, independent homesteads—and anywhere in a blackout.