CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions that arise in everyday clinical practice. Readers will find authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders along with a concise, yet thorough synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. Written in a clear, easy-to-read style, this trusted classic covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care, and also includes discussion of new developments and breakthroughs in medicine. Presented in full color, CMDT covers every aspect of general medicine, with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective strategies.
• The only text with an annual review of the advances made in HIV treatment
• Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
• Many decision-speeding diagnostic and treatment algorithms and tables
• The perfect balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient care
• New chapter on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Health
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter
Now, Jim Champy and Dr. Harry Greenspun show how to apply the proven reengineering methodology in health care: throughout physician practices, hospitals, and even entire health systems. You’ll meet innovative and visionary leaders who’ve been successfully reengineering organizations across the entire delivery spectrum and learn powerful lessons for improving quality, reducing costs, and expanding access.
This book doesn’t just demonstrate the immense potential of health care reengineering to revolutionize health care delivery: it offers a clear roadmap for realizing that potential in your own organization.
Deliver Better Care to More People, at Lower CostHow reengineering can lead to more efficient, safer delivery--and sharply reduced costs How to focus on prevention and wellness, as well as chronic disease and hospital care How to earn the trust, contributions, and passion of skeptical physicians and health care professionals How to harness technology to create more seamless, accessible, valued, and sustainable health care systems--and avoid technology’s pitfalls How Zeev Neuwirth transformed the Lenox Hill Hospital ER and the 700-doctor Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates practice How Tom Knight is revolutionizing patient safety at Methodist Hospital System, one of America’s largest private, nonprofit medical complexes How to start today in your own organization!
Generic/trade names Route of administration Common dosage Side effects Auxiliary labelMedication Safety and Error Prevention chapter helps you confidently address growing concerns related to patient safety and prevent medication-related errors. Revised Math Calculations chapter incorporates helpful information to clarify complex pharmaceutical calculations. Updated content prepares you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTC) exam and highlights current concerns you'll encounter in the workforce:
HIPAA regulationsThe Medicare Modernization Act Legal parameters for the sale of pseudoephedrine productsThe issuance of multiple Schedule II prescriptionsPending legislation requirements for Medicaid prescriptionsThe United States Pharmacopeia (USP) New full-color photographs familiarize you with current practice settings. Learning games and certification review quizzes on the companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding and challenge you to apply what you've learned.
The Ultimate Guide to Getting into Physician Assistant School is a unique, step-by-step blueprint for succeeding at every stage of the PA application process. Written by Andrew Rodican, a former member of Yale University School of Medicine’s Admissions Committee, this is the best book available on how to maximize your chance of acceptance into the PA school of your choice.
Completely updated to include coverage of the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA), Getting Into the Physician Assistant School of Your Choice covers all the essentials – from selecting a program all the way through to acing the interview. Clear and candid, this book provides insights, information, and advice you won’t find anyplace else – but may well make the difference between the acceptance or rejection of your application.
Make-or-break advice on:
Experience with clinical cases is key to mastering the art and science of medicine and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files: Critical Care provides 42 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in critical care. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key concepts, definitions of key terms, clinical pearls, and board-style review questions to reinforce your learning. With Case Files, you'll learn instead of memorize.Learn from 42 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions Master key concepts with clinical pearls Practice with review review questions to reinforce learning Polish your approach to clinical problem-solving and to patient care Perfect for residents, medical students, PAs, and NPs working in the ICU
A Doody's Core Title for 2019!
Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Seventh Edition is a concise guide to the selection and interpretation of more than 450 of the laboratory and microbiology tests most relevant to the general practice of medicine. This on-the-spot clinical companion also includes coverage of diagnostic imaging, electrocardiology, echocardiography, and the use of tests in differential diagnosis.
• Covers areas of internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, neurology, and obstetrics and gynecology
• Over 25 new or substantially revised laboratory tests
• New and updated coverage of emerging and re-emerging pathogens and infectious agents,including the Zika and Ebola viruses
• Updated material on molecular and genetic tests, including pharmacogenetics tests
• An entire section of diagnostic algorithms
• Full literature citations with PubMed identification (PMID) numbers included for each reference
• Details costs and risks of various procedures and tests
• Full section on electrocardiography and echocardiography
If you’ve been looking for an authoritative, up-to-date, and easy-to-carry guide to the latest diagnostic testing procedures, your search ends here.
Confidently manage patientswith the latest clinical information, drug therapies, and lab tests.Apply the latest knowledge and techniques with this updated and streamlined title, which still stays true to the Ferri name. Quickly find important information with content organized into three major sections: Section I, titled "Surviving the Wards," contains information on charting, laboratory evaluation and formulary; Section II provides the differential diagnosis of common signs and symptoms likely to be encountered in the acute care setting; Section III has been completely revised and subdivided into 11 specialty specific diseases and disorders.
This dollar-saving package includes:
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2017
CMDT is the most successful annual book covering the field of internal medicine and has been acclaimed for its comprehensive coverage of current inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic tools relevant to day-to-day practice, and full review of all primary care topics. In addition to its use as a reference text, CMDT is outstanding as a core clinical textbook for medical students and nurse practitioner and physician assistant students to study for a variety of exams in a variety of medical and health-related markets.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Study Guide, 2nd edition
The study guide is organized according the Core Curriculum of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine. The 30+ core topics include essentials conditions, presentations, and diseases seen by general practitioners in the inpatient and outpatient setting. The Second Edition study guide has been extensively updated and covers the essential issues a third-year medical student must know for the clerkship shelf exam in Internal Medicine.
The study guide utilizes content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and LANGE Pathophysiology of Disease to provide case-based content that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts.
Each topic includes:
• Learning Objectives
• An expanded list of questions to evoke case analysis
• Detailed discussion of Signs and Symptoms, Lab Findings, Imaging Studies, Medications.
• Discussions of Therapeutic Procedures and Outcomes (eg, Follow up and Complications)
• References for each topic
The perfect framework for score-boosting, time-efficient review, First Aid for the Internal Medicine Boards, Fourth Edition delivers the high-yield information, mnemonics, and visual aids necessary to excel on the exam. Following the proven First Aid formula for success, the book is carefully edited to include the content most likely to be included on the exam, allowing readers to focus on what they really need to know and maximize their study time. The Fourth Edition is distinguished by a renewed focus on high-yield content and has been updated to reflect the very latest treatment guidelines in internal medicine.
• A complete one-stop review of the most frequently tested topics
• Full-color clinical images
• Insider tips and study strategies for outstanding performance
• Hundreds of high-yield tables, diagrams, and illustrations
• Mnemonics make learning and memorization fast, fun, and easy
• Clinical vignettes and integrated flashcards with practice questions
• Great as a refresher for recertification
Covering all of the clerkship's core competencies, LANGE Q&A Psychiatry delivers more than 800 exam-style questions and answers with concise but comprehensive explanations of correct and incorrect answer options. The Eleventh Edition of this this trusted review simulates the USMLE Step 2 CK test-taking experience by delivering multiple-step clinical vignette questions and updates on the latest therapies for psychiatric diseases and disorders. Questions are carefully selected to match the style and difficulty level of what students will face on the test.
• Boost your score with a thorough review of the clerkship’s core competencies
• Build confidence and assess your knowledge with 800+ USMLE-style questions
• Understand why answers are correct or incorrect with detailed explanations
• Prepare with questions that have been thoroughly updated to match the difficulty level and content of the exam
• Review one subject at a time to pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses
• Bolster your preparation with two comprehensive practice exams, each with more than 115 questions
• Maximize your study time with questions that emphasize high-yield material
• Cover the most amount of material in the least amount of time with the fast-paced Q&A format
• Sharpen your test-taking skills with clinical vignette questions that simulate what you will see on the actual exam
• Updated to reflect the DSM-5
Written by a team of physicians from Emory University Hospital’s Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, practical pearls of wisdom about the technical aspects of cardiac catheterization and other invasive cardiology procedures are presented with step-by-step instructions and easy-to-follow illustrations in this quick reference of essential material.
Also included is a chapter with video clips that highlight the role and technical versatility of the multipurpose catheter in cardiac catheterization—a technique developed, taught, and learned over many generations in the cardiac catheterization laboratories at Emory University.
•High-yield, bulleted format helps you concentrate on what you truly must know
•Detailed how-to-succeed and what-to-study guidance from students who’ve been there
•Integrated minicases add clinical relevance to disease discussion and highlight common patient presentations
•Mnemonics, tables, illustrations, pearls, and other memory aids help you recall key concepts
•Ward and exam tips help you excel on the wards and shelf exam
•Classified section details scholarship and award opportunities
•Rich new full-color presentation
Designed for professionals who deliver, manage, and hold oversight responsibility for occupational health in an organization or in the community, Occupational Health Services guides the busy practitioner and clinic manager in setting up, running, and improving healthcare services for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and occupational management of work-related health issues. The text covers:an overview of occupational health care in the US and Canada: how it is organized, who pays for what, how it is regulated, and how workers’ compensation works how occupational health services are managed in practice, whether within a company, as a global network, in a hospital or medical group practice, as a free-standing clinic, or following other models management of core services, including recordkeeping, marketing, service delivery options, staff recruitment and evaluation, and program evaluation depth and detail on specific services, including clinical service delivery for injured workers, periodic health surveillance, impairment assessment, fitness for duty, alcohol and drug testing, employee assistance, mental health, health promotion, emergency management, global health management, and medico-legal services.
This highly focused and relevant combined handbook and textbook is aimed at improving the provision of care and health protection for workers and will be of use to both managers and health practitioners from a range of backgrounds, including but not limited to medicine, nursing, health services administration, and physical therapy.