For each country, The CIA World Factbook 2016 includes:
• Detailed maps with new geopolitical data
• Statistics on the population of each country, with details on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structure
• New data on military expenditures and capabilities
• Information on each country’s climate and natural hazards
• Details on prominent political parties, and contact information for diplomatic consultation
• Facts on transportation and communication infrastructure
• And much more!
Also included are appendixes with useful abbreviations, international environmental agreements, international organizations and groups, weight and measure conversions, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this is a must-have resource for students, travelers, journalists, and business people with a desire to know more about their world.
• Death anxiety–is your fear of death normal or off the scale?
• You can’t take it with you . . . or can you? Wacky wills and bizarre bequests
• The hospice experience–going out in comfort and style
• Deathbed and funeral etiquette–how to help the dying and mourn the dead with dignity
• Death on demand–why the right-to-die movement may be the next big thing
• “Good-bye everybody”–famous last words
• The embalmer’s art–all dressed up and nowhere to go
• Behind the scenes at your local funeral home
• Alternative burial choices–from coral reefs to outer space
From the cold, hard facts of death to lessons in the art of dying well, from what happens in the body’s last living moments to what transpires in the ground or in the furnace, from near-death experiences to speculation on the afterlife, The Whole Death Catalog leaves no gravestone unturned.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
• Ratings from 0 to 4 stars
• Guidelines for age-appropriateness
• Number of series volumes
• Background info on series and artists
THE ONE-STOP RESOURCE FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN THE BEST AND THE REST!
Whether you’re new to the world of manga-style graphic novels or a longtime reader on the lookout for the next hot series, here’s a comprehensive guide to the wide, wonderful world of Japanese comics!
• Incisive, full-length reviews of stories and artwork
• Titles rated from zero to four stars–skip the clunkers, but don’t miss the hidden gems
• Guidelines for age-appropriateness–from strictly mature to kid-friendly
• Profiles of the biggest names in manga, including CLAMP, Osamu Tezuka, Rumiko Takahashi, and many others
• The facts on the many kinds of manga–know your shôjo from your shônen
• An overview of the manga industry and its history
• A detailed bibliography and a glossary of manga terms
LOOK NO FURTHER, YOU’VE FOUND YOUR IDEAL MANGA COMPANION!
This July issue features items scheduled to ship in September, 2014. Preorder items at your local comic book shop by July 18th. Find a comic shop near you at www.comicshoplocator.com.
This Month’s Cover Art: Dark Horse: Aliens: Fire and Stone/DC Comics: Teen Titans Earth One Volume 1. This Month’s Theme: Holiday Gift Giving Ideas!
This August issue features items scheduled to ship in October, 2014. Preorder items at your local comic book shop by August 18th. Find a comic shop near you at www.comicshoplocator.com.
This Month’s Cover Art: DC Comics: Earth 2 World's End #1/Image Comics: Wytches #1. This Month’s Theme: Do It Yourself (DIY)/How to Draw Month!
"Chinese Studies Classes of Peking University" is suitable for people of all ages, ranks and classes to read via its clear conception and interesting allusions. Of course, the Chinese civilization has a long history, so we also can't cover anything in terms of overall planning. If you want to develop yourself as a real master, only reading a book is not enough. Here, we also sincerely hope that each reader of this book can achieve their dreams in their own direction. Finally, I wish every reader can learn valuable knowledge from this book, increasingly and succeed in a specific field of study.
The Parts Unlimited 2014 Street catalog is more than “just a book.” It is designed to help you and
your customers get the most out of your passion for powersports. It showcases the new, exciting,
in-demand products, as well as highlighting trusted favorites. The well-organized catalog sections
make it easy to find the items you want. And every part is supported with the latest fitment
information and technical updates available.
Looking for tires? See the Drag Specialties/Parts Unlimited Tire catalog. It has tires,
tire accessories and tire/wheel service tools from all the top brands.
And for riding gear or casual wear, see the Drag Specialties/
Parts Unlimited Helmet/Apparel catalog.
Combine all three catalogs for the most complete powersports resource of 2014.
The 826 photograph collections that this guide thus details encompass Native American culture; frontier and pioneer life in Oklahoma and Indian territories; Wild West shows; the range cattle industry; the petroleum industry; and gunfighters, outlaws, and lawmen. New additions include the Lucille Clough Collection of 1,800 prints, postcards, and stereograph cards of American Indians and Alaska Natives, and First Peoples of Canada.
This census contains more than 2.500 exemplars of Merels Board in the world, distribuited in 20 extra-European nations and 23 in Europe, where Italy hold the absolute supremacy in this inventory in continuous growth. 2.000 years of history, 100 catalogued models, 11 graphs: these are only some of the numbers that this research has produced.
We have also considered numerous contexts in which it is clear that this ludible scheme has assumed powerful symbolic meanings, much more important than it's believed. What does the Merels Board has to do with the death of Christ? Why a Knight of St. John Order made accurately paint eighty Merels Board on his own sepulchre and what's more intercalated by a mysterious saying? Why the chamberlain of the King of France, Philippe du Moulin, made it to be immured in the walls of his own castle in Sologne? And why we find a Merels Board, in vertical, on the throne where 32 sovereigns of the Sacred Roman Empire were crowned? Why it is called "the perfect game of God" in Sri-Lanka? Why we find manifold concentric squares on the bath containers of the new-born babies of the Fulani tribe of Nigeria? And what is the role of Merels Board, today?
These and other questions wait to be discovered and clarified through the pages of this book...
More than 1,500 titles in printAuthoritative introductions and notes by leading academics and contemporary authorsUp-to-date translations from award-winning translatorsReaders guides and other resources available onlinePenguin Classics on air online radio programs
In 1946, E. V. Rieu's groundbreaking translation of The Odyssey established a cultural legacy that would bring the world's most compelling and influential literature to millions of readers around the globe. For over sixty-five years, Penguin Classics have been making works that were once the sole preserve of academics accessible to everyone; this catalogue offers a complete list of all titles in print across the list - more than 1,200 books, from Aristotle and Austen, to Zola and Zamyatin. It also features Michel de Montaigne's enchanting essay 'On Books'.
'The Penguin Classics, though I designed them to give pleasure even more than instruction, have been hailed as the greatest educative force of the twentieth century. And far be it for me to quarrel with that encomium, for there is no one whom they have educated more than myself' E. V. Rieu