" ... Hellboy is a brilliant example of how to elevate the comic of the future to a higher literary level while achieving a higher pitch of excitement."
—Robert Bloch, from his introduction
"Hellboy restores my faith in the joy of comic books."
" Hellboy is a passport to a corner of funnybook heaven you may never want to leave. "
—Alan Moore, from his introduction.
When Emperor Zombie threatens the safety of all life on earth, President Lincoln enlists the aid of a mechanical head. With the help of associates Mr. Groin (a faithful manservant) and Mr. Dog (a dog), Screw-On Head must brave ancient tombs, a Victorian flying apparatus, and demons from a dimension inside a turnip. This new collection of oddball Mignola creations also includes "The Magician and the Snake" from Dark Horse Maverick: Happy Endings and nearly fifty pages of brand-new material, all as weird and hilarious as the beloved Screw-On Head.
• The Amazing Screw-On Head won an Eisner Award for Best Humor Publication.
• "The Magician and the Snake" won an Eisner Award for Best Short Story.
• The Amazing Screw-On Head was the source for the cult animated short starring Paul Giamatti, David Hyde Pierce, and Patton Oswalt.
"The best horror comic in a generation. This Mignola guy is a wizard"
* Mignola reunites with artist Duncan Fegredo for the eagerly anticipated follow-up to Hellboy: Darkness Calls.
* Hellboy: The Wild Hunt collects the entire eight-issue miniseries, along with an extensive sketchbook section from both artists.
* A New York Times bestseller!
• Strange Places is the first Mignola-drawn Hellboy collection in over three years.
• With the 2004 release of Hellboy, the motion picture, Hellboy has become a media phenomenon! Look for production on the Hellboy sequel to begin in 2006!
• Collecting isssues #1-#2 of The Third Wish and The Island, plus new material.
Contains new Hellboy story by Mike Mignola & P. Craig Russell!
“Why do dead men rise up to torment the living?” Captain Henry Baltimore asks the malevolent winged creature. The vampire shakes its head. “It was you called us. All of you, with your war. The roar of your cannons shook us from our quiet graves…. You killers. You berserkers…. You will never be rid of us now.”
When Lord Henry Baltimore awakens the wrath of a vampire on the hellish battlefields of World War I, the world is forever changed. For a virulent plague has been unleashed—a plague that even death cannot end.
Now the lone soldier in an eternal struggle against darkness, Baltimore summons three old friends to a lonely inn—men whose travels and fantastical experiences incline them to fully believe in the evil that is devouring the soul of mankind.
As the men await their old friend, they share their tales of terror and misadventure, and contemplate what part they will play in Baltimore’s timeless battle. Before the night is through, they will learn what is required to banish the plague—and the creature who named Baltimore his nemesis—once and for all.
From the Hardcover edition.
Since his creation in 1993, Mike Mignola's Hellboy has accumulated dozens of industry awards and become a favorite of fans and critics alike. Now, Mignola turns over drawing duties to Duncan Fegredo (Enigma, Ultimate Adventures) for a new chapter in the life of the World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator.
* Collects the entire six-issue miniseries, along with two new epilogues—one drawn by Mignola, and one by Fegredo—and an extensive sketchbook section from both artists!
In one of Grey's first cases as an agent of the queen, he goes from the sparkling echelons of Victorian London to its dark underbelly, facing occult conspiracies, a rampaging monster, and the city's most infamous secret society: The Heliopic Brotherhood of Ra.
This volume collects Witchfinder: In the Service of Angels #1-#5. This book also includes "Witchfinder: Murderous Intent," from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #16, by Mignola and Stenbeck, and "Henry Hood: The Burial of Katharine Baker," from Hellboy: The Wild Hunt, by Solomon Kane writer Scott Allie and Abe Sapien: The Haunted Boy artist Patric Reynolds.
• "All in all, this is a detective story that blends just the right amount of cerebral investigation with Mignola's trademark horror and adventure. And perhaps best of all, the story stands on its own very well, regardless of your past experience with Hellboy or B.P.R.D."—IGN
* Never-before-seen art!
* Mignola's best pieces from the last twenty years!
"Nothing is better than having Mignola himself rendering Hellboy's world."—IGN
"I envy the sheer variety and invention Mignola brings to Hellboy's world. [He] consistently manages to depict even the most grotesque monstrosity and make it somehow beautiful."—Peter de Sève, award-winning New Yorker cover artist and character designer for Ice Age film series, from his introduction
Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, with artist Guy Davis and cowriter John Arcudi, unravels a story that will determine the future of the B.P.R.D., while revealing key secrets about its past. This collection includes a sketchbook section that captures Guy Davis's development of the terrors unveiled in The Universal Machine.
• Collects the five-issue miniseries.
• Collects B.P.R.D.: The Warning #1-#5.
• B.P.R.D.: The Warning is the first of three explosive arcs pulling together threads from throughout the series—and leaving the B.P.R.D. and the world forever changed.
• "This latest spinoff from Mignola's Hellboy franchise continues the high level of modern weird tales-influenced chills and adventure and at times even manages to outstrip its source."—Praise for a previous volume of B.P.R.D. in Publishers Weekly
* From the pages of Hellboy.
* The Russian occult bureau revealed!
"Is there a more talented supernatural comics storyteller than Mike Mignola?"—Wired
Written by John Arcudi and Hellboy and B.P.R.D. creator Mike Mignola, and drawn by Guy Davis, Garden of Souls offers a window into the bizarre backstory of Abe Sapien and his colleagues in the mysterious Oannes Society—complete with Victorian cyborgs, doomsday devices, and a very well-preserved mummy.
• Collects B.P.R.D.: Garden of Souls #1-#5.
* "... this haunting trade by Mike Mignola and Jason Shawn Alexander will leave you gasping for air." -Wizard
* Cover and story by Mike Mignola!
* Duncan Fegredo returns!
* An original graphic novel in hardcover!
"In the world of Hellboy; the stony hand that Hellboy uses to clobber opponents is called the Right Hand of Doom. For cartoonist and creator Mike Mignola; his right-hand man for doing Hellboy these days could be considered Duncan Fegredo." —Newsarama
* The beginning of the new ongoing series!
"Fiumara's art is gorgeous."—Comic Book Resources
* Essential ties to B.P.R.D.: 1946-1948.
* Written and drawn by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá.
"It was a more straightforward read, but it was still excellent with just top notch art. It's really hard to not love a book with Bá and Moon's art."
FEATURING ART BY RYAN SOOK AND EISNER WINNER TYLER CROOK!
RETURN OF THE BLACK FLAME!
Among them are fourteen-year-old Molly McHugh and her friend and employer, Felix Orlov. Once upon a time Orlov the Conjuror was a celebrated stage magician, but now he is an old man, a psychic medium, contacting the spirits of the departed for the grieving loved ones left behind. When a seance goes horribly wrong, Felix Orlov is abducted by strange men wearing gas masks and rubber suits, and Molly soon finds herself on the run.
Her flight will lead her into the company of a mysterious man, and his stalwart sidekick, Joe Golem, whose own past is a mystery to him, but who walks his own dreams as a man of stone and clay, brought to life for the sole purpose of hunting witches.
* Epic vampire horror adventure from Hellboy creator Mike Mignola!
EC Comics legend John Severin (Two-Fisted Tales) rejoins the Hellboy line after his stellar debut in B.P.R.D.: War on Frogs! Collects the five-issue miniseries.
• Cover art by Mike Mignola!
• John Severin's weirdest western yet!
• "If I can recommend Witchfinder: Lost and Gone Forever for any reason, the biggest would be John Severin's art…an old master returning to the drawing board."—Newsarama
* Collects Lobster Johnson: Iron Prometheus #1-5, sketchbook section, plus The Secret History of Lobster Johnson.
* "This is pure pulp action-adventure fun. It's like Indiana Jones meets the Rocketeer meets the Shadow meets Doc Savage"—Wizard Magazine
Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo conclude their epic collaboration that began in 2007's Darkness Calls—a saga that changes everything for Hellboy!
• R.I.P. Hellboy 1944-2011
"The acronym 'B.P.R.D.' has become for us synonymous for a good read."-MTV Geek
Written by Mike Mignola and John Arcudi, and drawn by 2009 Eisner Award winner Guy Davis (The Marquis), B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: New World marks the beginning of a new era in horror!
• A new B.P.R.D. facing new monsters!
• Collects B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: New World issues #1-#5 and an eight-page story previously released at Emerald City Comic Con.
• Perfect entry point for new readers!
• "Simply put, if you aren't reading B.P.R.D.…you're making a mistake. This book is fantastic, and has a habit of upping its game with each new volume. Get in on Hell on Earth: New World before all your friends discover it and tell you how cool it is."—ComicsAlliance
Hellboy creator Mike Mignola continues his collaboration with artist Guy Davis and cowriter John Arcudi to unravel a tale that will leave the earth shaken and the B.P.R.D. shattered. This collection includes a sketchbook section chronicling Guy Davis's creation of the abominations unleashed in The Black Flame.
• The B.P.R.D. is changed forever in this story revealing secret names, visions and dreams, a Nazi madman, and the death of a beloved agent.
• Written by award-winning Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, who also provides cover art.
• Dark Horse has sold over 50,000 copies of Mike Mignola's B.P.R.D.!
Paranormal crime scenes wreak havoc on Abe Sapien as he investigates a recluse demonologist's evil house, a haunted lake, and a sunken Soviet submarine filled with zombies!
• "If you are a fan of horror and suspense in the vein of H. P. Lovecraft like I am, then you'll thoroughly enjoy this miniseries."—Comic Book Movie
* Art by Peter Snejbjerg (Abe Sapien: The Abyssal Plain, A God Somewhere) and Laurence Campbell (Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine, Punisher MAX).
The Hellboy film steered clear of any origin story for Abe so that the tale could be told in Plague of Frogs. The story of Abe's origins unfolds as the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense try to stop the monstrous frog men from the first Hellboy graphic novel, Seed of Destruction. The plague begins its spread across America, lending an apocalyptic new direction to Mignola's stories. • Collects the five-issue miniseries.
• With art by Guy Davis and a behind-the-scenes look at his sketchbook, this third volume of B.P.R.D. sees Mignola taking over writing chores for the first time and reveals secrets he's kept under wraps since the beginning of the Hellboy saga, and changes that world completely.
* Collects Hellboy in Mexico, Hellboy: Double Feature of Evil, Hellboy: The Sleeping and the Dead #1-#2, Hellboy: The Bride of Hell, "Hellboy: The Whittier Legacy," and Hellboy: Buster Oakley Gets His Wish.
"Involves Lucho Libres, vampires, the Devil's smell and Hellboy in a demonic wrestling match. How can anybody who loves comics not be excited by something containing all of that?"-Geek Week
Following the Bureau’s catastrophic encounter with the monster-god Katha-Hem, Kate heads to France with hopes of bringing Roger back to life, and Captain Daimio reveals the truth about his death in the jungles of Bolivia. Abe meets a secret society of Victorian cyborgs with ties to his origins as the frog apocalypse heats up, and Liz’s visions of the end of the world grow increasingly dire! Collects B.P.R.D.: The Universal Machine, B.P.R.D.: Garden of Souls,and B.P.R.D.: Killing Ground.
Hellboy in Mexico collects Hellboy and the Aztec Mummy, Hellboy Gets Married, and Hellboy and the Coffinman Rematch from Dark Horse Presents; Hellboy and the Coffinman from the Hellboy 20th Anniversary Sampler; Hellboy in Mexico one-shot comic: and the original graphic novel, Hellboy: House of the Living Dead.
A mutated Abe Sapien fights carnivorous monsters crawling out of the desert sand, a fortified militia that's walled Phoenix off from the rest of the world, and a viscous zombie swarm, while a mad necromancer rises over the monster-infested ruins of Seattle.
* By award–winning writers Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden.
* New York Times bestseller!
"Crisp, clean & drenched in blood!" Comic Attack
A fight to the death!
From the Hardcover edition.