The nameless man, the Zombie Priest, has come to town to build a gang from the undead. But even the undead fear the Goon, mob enforcer and protector of the downtrodden residents of Lonely Street. With Powell's stunning artwork, The Goon's unique mash-up of horror, mob intrigue, and the sickest sense of humor in comics is an instant classic, and this new edition is the best time ever to find out what you've been missing!
* New cover by Powell!
The saga of Lonely Street takes turns both tragic and hilarious, as Goon and friends are forced to confront their tragic pasts, a tentacled creature from space and its mediocre Interdimensional-to-English Dictionary menace the docks, and Goon must withstand the coming of El Hombre del Lagarto! Plus, Mike Mignola cowrites and illustrates an appearance by Hellboy, in one of the strangest crossovers of all time. For those new to The Goon, these editions are a perfect place to start!
• This volume collects The Goon #5-#8.
• Featuring Mike Mignola and Hellboy!
• New cover by Eric Powell!
Virtue and the Grim Consequences Thereof sees the Goon join a short-lived football team, face man-eating eyeballs from another dimension, and suffer incarceration in Cade's Island penitentiary. Plus, the cast of The Goon interprets A Christmas Carol, the Unholy Bastards make their first appearance, and Powell illustrates a hilarious prose story by Thomas Lennon (Reno 911!). See why these stories helped win the Eisner Award for Best Humor Publication and Best Ongoing Series!
• New cover by creator Eric Powell!
• FIVE-TIME EISNER AWARD-WINNING SERIES!
Goon and Franky have been best friends ever since they was tykes. Find out how the two little ankle biters became best pals, and how they muscled their way into the rackets of big-time crime-boss Labrazio. Plus, stories of zombies, hobos, and pie—crazy skunk apes—horror adventure as you like it!
* Collecting issues #1- #4 of the Dark Horse series, plus the eight-page story from Drawing on Your Nightmares, "The Brothers Mud."
* All-new cover by Goon creator Eric Powell and an introduction by Frank Cho.
Goon's greatest foe, the dead mobster Labrazio, mounts his assault from a macabre burlesque house, using the Zombie Priest and his demonic kitty to put on the squeeze. It's up to the Goon, Franky, and all their pals to fight for the life their town deserves!
* Multiple Eisner Awardwinning creator Eric Powell brings you more of the Goon you love in part two of a threepart tradepaperback series, the most epic Goon tale yet The Return of Labrazio.
* Collects issues #24#27.
* The Goon Volume 9 collects the final installment of Goon Year (issues #28-#31)!
* "... mobsters and zombies in a world that looks like Sin City channeled by E. C. Segar's Popeye universe." -Los Angeles Times
Five-time Eisner Award-winning series!
"Every panel [is] gorgeously detailed, like a Max Fleischer cartoon if Cthulu spat some sort of hellish bile all over it. Few artists can actually, truly justify the purchase of a comic through their art alone, but Powell is certainly one of them."
* Eisner Award-winning series!
"Eric Powell's great series The Goon deftly combines lowbrow humor with unexpected emotional depth in its ongoing story of a big, not-so-dumb guy who does battle with zombies in a town seemingly dreamt up by Tom Waits." –- The Onion A.V. Club
From the minds of Joe Casey and Steve Parkhouse comes the most shocking of all Dark Horse’s new brand of horror comics. The unraveling of our forlorn homemaker’s hopes leads to unprecedented terror, heralded by a demonic vision — The Milkman, a twisted parody of a Norman Rockwell image as painted by serial-killing folk-artist John Wayne Gacy.
* Five-time Eisner Award-winning series!
* New cover by Powell!
"The Goon is wildly funny, a Bronx cheer in the face of the genre it mercilessly rags."
* The Goon series was a 2005 Eisner Award-winner (Best Humor Publication and Best Ongoing Series).
* Colored by Eisner Awardwinning colorist Dave Stewart.
* Features some early concept designs and sketches from Powell.
* Great for all ages!
"Chimichanga is full of that youthful vigor that makes The Goon such a delight."Broken Frontier
"The art is gorgeous... I had a lot of fun."iFanboy
Even the Goon's lifelong deadly foe, the zombie priest, is running scared. But he has to remain, forced into submission by a power greater than his own, to keep an eye on Goon and his violent sidekick, Franky.
The death of one of the Goon's closest allies reveals an enemy thought long gone, returned to wreak havoc and destruction upon the Goon and those who stand by him.
There's some funny stuff, too!
* Collects the first part of Goon Year (#19#23): The Return of Labrazio!
* From the Eisner Award-winning creator of The Goon!
What It Is: Jack Burton, a macho, truck-driving adventurer, shook the pillars of Heaven when he defeated the evil sorcerer Lo Pan. He even helped his best friend Wang save his fiancée from the sorcerer’s clutches. Now Wang’s wedding has been invaded by evil forces with one thing on their minds—revenge against Jack Burton! Collects issues #1-4 of the critically acclaimed series USA Today calls one of "2014’s best of the best."
"This love letter to the classic '80s movie will be sure to please fans both old and new." - Newsarama
* New cover by Eric Powell.
* Introduction by Brian Azzarello.
* This volume includes Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities and the Ghastly Fiend of London #1-#4 and "Billy the Kid and the Pit of Horrors" from the Buzzard miniseries
Penned with deranged glee by Powell and illustrated by fan-favorite horror artist Kyle Hotz (The Agency andThe Hood), Billy The Kid's Old Timey Oddities starts with Billy the Kid free to roam America, having faked his own death. Free, that is, until Fineas Spoule, AKA. The Human Spider, discovers his secret. Now, afraid of being exposed, Billy finds himself in the service of a caravan of carnival sideshow performers who have unfinished business with a mad scientist none other than Victor Frankenstein himself!
This twisted love child of spaghetti westerns and Hammer horror flicks combines Powell's humorous fast-paced storytelling and Hotz's quirky macabre visuals for a story that the whole family will love...if they're the kind of family that love alligator men and miniature boys fighting monstrous mistakes of science with the help of the fastest gunslinger in the West!
Written by Eric Powell creator The Goon, recipient of the International Horror Guild Award and multiple Eisner Awards!
Once upon a Hard Time is a climactic miniseries that has major consequences for the Goon and his supporting cast. If you’re aGoon fan, you can’t miss this. Collects issues #1-#4.