For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside you’ll discover
• generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
• What each drug is for, and how it works
• usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
• side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference
• interactions with other drugs and food
• overdose and addiction potential
• alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
• the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling
• information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs
• cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
• 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills*
No home should be without this book!
*Not all ereading devices will show the images in color and at the exact size.
The most up-to-date information about the more than 1,800 most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States:
• Generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
• What the drug is for, and how it works
• Usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
• Side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference
• Interactions with other drugs and food
• Overdose and addiction potential
• Alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
• The most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling
• Information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs
• Cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
• 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills
From the Trade Paperback edition.
PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam) Flashcard Book
400 Questions & Answers You Need to Know
Written by a seasoned pharmacy technician instructor, this PTCE study supplement covers everything you need to know for the exam: assisting the pharmacist in serving patients, maintaining medication and inventory control systems, and participating in the management of pharmacy practice.
The 400 flashcards are broken down by PTCE test topics and include multiple-choice questions with detailed answers. We give you:
100 flashcards focused on the top 100 brand/generic drug names including their drug classes, indications, side effects, and special considerations;
50 flashcards focused on pharmaceutical terms and abbreviations and
250 flashcards focused on PTCE review material: Assisting the Pharmacist in Serving Patients (165 flashcards), Maintaining Medication and Inventory Control Systems (50 flashcards), and Participating in the Administration and Management of Pharmacy Practice (30 flashcards).
After studying with the book, review what you've learned at REA's online Study Center. Customizable e-flashcards and 3 practice quizzes let you create your own PTCE study plan and study anywhere, anytime. You can also make your own flashcards for any topics that give you difficulty.
If you're a pharmacy tech student and want extra practice and review before the exam, REA's PTCE Flashcard Book is the right Rx for your study needs.
This book of clinical pharmacology covers the science of drugs or pharmaceutical including their origin, composition, pharmacokinetics, mechanism of action, therapeutic use, side effects and toxicology with specific description of drugs followed by short headings makes it easy to understand and point-wise explanation of information. This clinical pharmacology book will be helpful for the medical students and practicing doctors.
Visit us: www.kaniz.in