• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
• Comprehensive information on the health challenges today's women face throughout life, all in an easy-to-follow alphabetical format
• A-to-Z format provides the latest information on natural supplements that can effectively tackle health concerns faced by women
• Useful, little-known, important information "Of Special Interest to Women" in every entry
• Guidelines on how to develop a personalized nutrition plan for women of every age and stage of life
• An overview of the state of women's health today -- from heart and bone disease to breast cancer to hormonal and reproductive issues -- including the latest research and resources
• And more.
Part of the Healthy Home Library series, A Woman's Guide to Vitamins, Herbs and Supplements provides essential health information that no woman should be without.
Why is stress different for women than it is for men?
How does stress impact my body, mind, and spirit?
Am I at risk for stress-related health problems?
What are my treatment options?
How can I reduce stress—naturally?
THE WOMEN'S GUIDE TO STRESS RELIEF IN 7 EASY STEPS
A COMPLETE STRESS MANAGEMENT PLAN—Simple, stress-reducing techniques that can help you reduce, manage, and even eliminate stress in your life—and put you on the path toward peace and calm. Includes checklists for self-examination and tips for avoiding triggers.
THE MOST UP-TO-DATE RESEARCH—what medical professionals have learned about stress: the anatomy and natural process of stress; how it affects you and your health; and why you should find new ways to keep it at bay.
STRESS-RELATED HEALTH CARE—how to lower risks to your heart and cardiovascular system, hormones, stomach and digestion, and immune system.
DAY-TO-DAY STRESS-BUSTER TIPS for reducing stress levels at home and at work—from communing with nature, social event-planning, and creative self-expression to breathing therapy, guided imagery, and the most important practice of all: sleep. Dozens of women share their ideas.
PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT OPTIONS—when and where to seek professional assistance, therapy, or medication.
· A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, and natural supplements
· Proven strategies for relieving symptoms—muscle pain, stiff joints, fatigue, sleep problems, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, fibrofog, sexual dysfunction, and more
· Alternative mind/body therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, hypnotherapy, light therapy, massage, neurofeedback, and other methods
· Crucial information on dealing with doctors, health insurance, employment issues, disability, getting pregnant, child rearing, weight control, support groups, and much more
· Plus an easy-to-follow program of diet, exercise, and sleep that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
Pathogens and toxins found in our environment and the foods we eat can cause myriad health problems including digestive disorders, yeast infections, allergies, urinary tract infections, dental problems and some cancers. Probiotics-"friendly" bacteria-are the cornerstone of any successful health program because they restore a healthy balance between friendly and "bad" bacteria in the intestinal tract, a balance that is critical for the health of the entire body.
This groundbreaking book reveals how taking the right probiotics-in the form of food and supplements-as part of a daily revitalizing program for overall health or for specific health conditions-can restore that crucial balance. This remarkably easy to follow nutrition program will energize, and rejuvenate as well as:
- Improve the health your GI tract
- Alleviate allergies and asthma
- Restore your reproductive and urinary tracts
- Bolster the immune system against disease
- Enhance weight loss
- Fight aging
Making probiotics a part of your daily routine will allow anyone to live a healthier, fuller, more vibrant life.
John R. Taylor N.D. is the CEO and president of www.nwcnaturals.com. He has conducted nutritional courses across the United States and collaborated with the nation's leading authorities on nutrition and probiotics.
Deborah Mitchell is a freelance writer specializing in health, medical and environmental topics. The Wonder of Probiotics joins more than two dozen other books that she has written.
How safe are vaccines?
Which vaccines are medically necessary?
Do I have any choice about scheduling my child's vaccinations?
Which childhood diseases should I be concerned about?
What should parents know about the new vaccines?
Protect your children's health—and get the vaccines they need—safely, effectively, and confidently with this practical hands-on planner for parents.
You want to lose weight. You’re tired of feeling hungry and wasting your time. You want to be in control again. Follow medical writer Deborah Mitchell’s sound and simple straight talk, and this could be the last diet book you’ll ever need. An invaluable resource for information on herbs, nutrients, supplements, and natural medicine techniques, Natural Medicine for Weight Loss helps make losing weight easier and safer than ever before. And it’s no quick weight-loss gimmick. It’s a proven formula: Good dietary habits plus enjoyable exercise plus positive mind/body reinforcement plus nature’s helpers equals permanent weight loss.
Here are a few facts from the book to get you going:The metabolic rate of two people of the same age, sex, and body type may vary as much as 20 percent.Most of the weight loss from popular high-protein diets is water, not fat.The proper dietary supplements can end a damaging sugar addiction.Thermogenic agents can trigger your body to burn fat.An herbal form of fen-phen is available without the health risks of the prescription drug.Lemon water and apple cider vinegar can reduce cravings.Do-it-yourself acupressure boosts metabolism and reduces bloating.
Natural Medicine for Weight Loss provides all the necessary tools and information, holistic approaches, and nutritional resources to help you adopt and embrace a new lifestyle, leaving you feeling lighter in body and spirit as well as abundantly energized.
Prescription Drug Abuse
Plus profiles of hundreds of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including generic and brand name, benefits, side effects, and alternative treatment options.
• The most comprehensive, up-to-date information you need to choose the safest, most effective natural supplements for you and your family
• A-to-Z glossary of all the essential vitamins, herbs, and supplements available—with detailed descriptions, dosages, benefits, and precautions
• Simple daily recommendations for every member of the family: men, women, and children of all ages
• A handy quick-reference guide to common ailments—from acne and bronchitis to migraines and ulcers—featuring simple natural remedies that really work
• The latest medical findings on women's bone health, children's immune systems, the health effects of aging, and other need-to-know subjects
• Plus a Natural Medicine Survival Kit—an all-purpose, easy-to-follow action plan to help you take control of your family's health
• This guide features a cross-reference to the most common feline health problems that can be treated with natural remedies
• Contains comprehensive, accessible information on a full range of natural, herbal, homeopathic nutritional supplements for cats.
• There section of "10 Kitty No Nos" -- suppliments and foods you should avoid giving your cat.
• Provides information on benefits of use, dosing, signs and symptoms of deficiency, and signs and symptoms of overdose.
• A-to-Z listings of the most essential heart-smart foods, vitamins, and supplements
• Simple, nutritional ways to reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack, and reverse the process of heart disease
• How to incorporate healthier foods and supplements into your daily diet
• Delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that your whole family will love
• Which supplements to take to replace nutrients that are lost when taking statins
• The latest medical studies supporting the importance of certain foods and supplements for a strong, healthy heart
52 Foods and Supplements for a Healthy Heart is an essential reference guide for all interested a healthy diet, and for preventing and reversing the effects of heart disease.
How can I prevent the health risks associated with it?
Can I lower my blood pressure through diet and lifestyle changes?
Are there alternatives or complements to prescription medications?
How do I manage stress and hypertension-naturally?
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO LOWERING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE NATURALLY
THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: Everything you need to know about the different types of high blood pressure, its causes, symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
YOUR BEST TREATMENT OPTIONS: A full range of choices from diet, nutrition, and lifestyle changes to prescription medications, complementary methods, and alternatives.
A GUIDE TO NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS: Your go-to resource for healthy herbal remedies, essential foods, safe supplements, and other natural ways to lower blood pressure.
THE MOST COMMON MEDICATIONS: A quick-reference guide to popular prescribed drugs, possible side effects, how to use them safely, and if they're right for you.
STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES: Simple lifestyle changes, sleeping tips, physical activities and exercises to help you control hypertension and stress.
A PREVENTION PLAN JUST FOR YOU: A customizable approach to lowering high blood pressure that lets you design the plan that works for you-naturally.
What is the secret to looking and feeling younger?
Which foods can help improve my health and longevity?
How can I boost my energy and sharpen mymind?
What can I do today to enjoy a better life tomorrow?
If you'd like to add 10 good years—in 10 easy steps—then jump-start your life with thisrevitalizing program for your body, mind, and spirit...
• Learn about the latest therapies, safest medications, and most effective alternatives
• How to help manage and prevent memory loss through proper diet, vitamins, herbs, and simple lifestyle changes
• How to sharpen your mental skills with brain-boosting exercises
• How to improve, retain, and extend the quality of your life for years to come
• PLUS vital new information on the controversial role of hormones in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
• Guidelines for finding the best possible specialist for your reproductive and sexual health needs, whether you are seeking a gynecologist, genetic counselor, endocrinologist, or midwife
• Includes helpful "what to ask your doctor" checklists and timetables for medical exams and screenings
• An overview of the state of women's health today—from such conditions as amenorrhea to infertility to premature ovarian failure to breast cancer—including the latest research and resources
Your indispensable guide to looking and feeling youngerAn easy-to-use nutrition counter covering more than 3,000 foods, broken down by their anti-aging nutrientsMouth-watering recipes to revitalize the body and soulHow to shop, how to eat, what to look for to achieve optimum health and maximize your quality of life in later years
And much more!
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
Author Deborah Mitchell has provided the essential information about both common and uncommon medical testings, and the key information required for understanding, including:
• Simple screenings that could save your life
• Specialized tests for every member of your family
• How to tell if the risks of a test outweigh the benefits.
• Tips on choosing the best home testing kits
• The latest in prevention and diagnosis of common medical conditions
• The best way to prepare for tests and how to interpret the results
The book includes basic facts about conditions and diseases such as cancers, asthma, bronchitis, high cholesterol and many others.
• Assess the risk factors, get diagnosed, and receive the right treatment from the best possible health-care providers
• Helpful tips for purchasing, storing, and administering insulin
• The emotional challenges of living with diabetes, or caring for a loved one
• Common complications and how to avoid or minimize them
• Control blood-sugar levels with a personalized nutrition plan and exercise program
• Diabetes and pregnancy
• The latest diabetes research and resources
It seems that every day, food producers, government agencies, and the media make confusing, contradictory claims about which foods are safe and which are dangerous.
Organized in quick-reference format, Safe Foods will help you separate the hype from the truth, find safe, healthy foods for your family, and answer some of today’s most burning questions:
· Are organic fruits and vegetables actually better—and are they worth the extra expense?
· If irradiating meat is safe, why have so many other countries banned it?
· What do experts really know about the safety of genetically engineered foods?
· How concerned should I be about the hormones, steroids, and antibiotics in my child’s diet?
Take Safe Foods with you the next time you go to the supermarket—and let it do the shopping for you.