Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
* Beautifully illustrated with numerous images relating to Blake's life and works
* Concise introductions to the poetry and other works
* Images of how the poetry books were first printed, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Excellent formatting of the poems
* Famous poetry collections like SONGS OF INNOCENCE are fully illustrated with the text
* Special chronological and alphabetical contents tables for the poetry
* Easily locate the poems you want to read
* Includes a special 'Plates' section with Blake's complete engravings, paintings and illustrations - spend hours exploring Blake's artistic genius in over 1,100 images!
* Features two biographies - discover Blake's literary life
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
The Poetry and Prose Books
AN ISLAND IN THE MOON
ALL RELIGIONS ARE ONE
THERE IS NO NATURAL RELIGION
SONGS OF INNOCENCE
THE BOOK OF THEL
THE MARRIAGE OF HEAVEN AND HELL
THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
VISIONS OF THE DAUGHTERS OF ALBION
AMERICA A PROPHECY
EUROPE A PROPHECY
THE FIRST BOOK OF URIZEN
SONGS OF EXPERIENCE
THE BOOK OF LOS
THE SONG OF LOS
THE BOOK OF AHANIA
THE FOUR ZOAS
MILTON A POEM
JERUSALEM: THE EMANATION OF THE GIANT ALBION
SONGS AND BALLADS FROM BLAKE'S NOTEBOOK (1793)
SATIRIC VERSES AND EPIGRAMS FROM BLAKE'S NOTEBOOK
LIST OF POEMS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
LIST OF POEMS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
CATALOGUE OF VISUAL WORKS
WILLIAM BLAKE by Irene Langridge
WILLIAM BLAKE by Charles Gardner
The Marriage of Heaven and Hell is both a humorous satire on religion and morality and a work that concisely expresses Blake's essential wisdom and philosophy, much of it revealed in the 70 aphorisms of his "Proverbs of Hell." This beautiful edition, reproduced from a rare facsimile, invites readers to enjoy the rich character of Blake's own hand-printed text along with his deeply stirring illustrations, reproduced on 27 full-color plates. A typeset transcription of the text is included.
The poems of Songs of Innocence describe childhood states of naturalness and purity in delicately beautiful lyrics that reveal a child's unspoiled and beatific view of life and human nature. In Songs of Experience the mood and tone darken, the poems suggesting the bitter corruptions and disillusionment that await the innocent. The contrast between the two sets of lyrics is perhaps at its most acute in the poems "The Lamb" and "The Tyger," the latter ultimately expressing wonderment at the seemingly paradoxical coexistence of good and evil. The full texts of all the poems in the 1794 edition of both collections are included in this volume. Includes a selection from the Common Core State Standards Initiative: "The Echoing Green."
A selection of Blake's most haunting verse, including 'The Songs of Innocence and Experience'.
One of 46 new books in the bestselling Little Black Classics series, to celebrate the first ever Penguin Classic in 1946. Each book gives readers a taste of the Classics' huge range and diversity, with works from around the world and across the centuries - including fables, decadence, heartbreak, tall tales, satire, ghosts, battles and elephants.
Originally published as two books with pages illustrated by the author, Songs of Innocence and Experience has often been considered a foundational work in Romantic period literature which surely inspired poets like Coleridge, Keats, Shelley, Wordsworth and Byron in the years that followed.
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
This new, facsimile edition of the Songs of Innocence reproduces Blake's color plates in a fashion which the artist himself would have approved. The 31 plates — printed on facing pages which are the same size of Blake's own first edition — offer one of the more brightly colored versions of this significant volume, no two copies of which are the same. As a special aid to readers, a typographical reprint of the text of poems follows the plates. Such classic "songs" as "The Lamb" and "The Chimney Sweeper" are now accessible to all in the symbiotic union of poem and picture that is crucial to a total understating of Blake's mind and art.
One of Blake's most interesting and powerful creations, The Book of Urizen represents a parody of the book of Genesis, in which the righteous figure of God is replaced by that of Urizen, the "dark power" and obstacle to spiritual life. With "the voice of honest indignation," Blake compels readers to recognize and overcome their inner adversary in order to rise to higher levels of perception.
Incredibly beautiful in its combination of words and pictures, The Book of Urizen boasts some of Blake's most magnificent designs, rich in energy and monumental grandeur. For any lover of Blake, this edition represents an inexpensive opportunity to enjoy one of his finest works, including full-color reproductions of the poet's distinctive hand-colored plates and a printed transcription of the poem.
Although Blake labored in poverty and obscurity all his life, he is recognized today as one of the preeminent artists and poets of the English-speaking world. An 1825 commission from patron John Linnell enabled him to focus on illustrating Dante's tales — the type of visionary work to which his talents were ideally suited. The artist spent the last three years of his life creating these images, which range from completely finished pieces to rough sketches. Blake's highly original approach offers not only an excellent introduction to Dante's allegorical tales, but also a new and fresh perspective for those already familiar with the Divine Comedy.
This facsimile edition of one of Blake's celebrated "Illuminated Books" reproduces a collection of calligraphed poems, each enclosed in a masterful full-color illustration. Twenty-six plates reprinted from a rare 1826 etched edition include "London," "A Little Boy Lost," "Holy Thursday," The Voice of the Ancient Bard," and other immortal verse. To enhance reading, the texts of all the poems are transcribed separately, following the plates.
Dynamic designs and simplicity of language convey Blake's vision of mankind and his condemnation of a wealthy society insensitive to poverty and unhappiness. Moreover, its universal themes make Songs of Experience just as poignant and profound today. Lovers of literature and fine art will want to add this faithful, inexpensive facsimile of an immortal classic to their libraries.
* The complete paintings of Édouard Manet — over 300 paintings, fully indexed and arranged in chronological and alphabetical order
* Includes reproductions of rare works
* Features a special ‘Highlights’ section, with concise introductions to the masterpieces, giving valuable contextual information
* Enlarged ‘Detail’ images, allowing you to explore Manet’s celebrated works in detail, as featured in traditional art books
* Hundreds of images in colour – highly recommended for viewing on tablets and smart phones or as a valuable reference tool on more conventional eReaders
* Special chronological and alphabetical contents tables for the paintings
* Easily locate the paintings you wish to view
* Includes Manet's pastels - explore the artist’s varied works
* Features two bonus biographical pieces on the artist - discover Manet's artistic and personal life
* Scholarly ordering of plates into chronological order
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting e-Art books
THE ABSINTHE DRINKER
MUSIC IN THE TUILERIES GARDEN
LE DÉJEUNER SUR L’HERBE
THE EXECUTION OF THE EMPEROR MAXIMILIAN OF MEXICO
PORTRAIT OF ÉMILE ZOLA
SELF-PORTRAIT WITH PALETTE
AT PÈRE LATHUILLE’S
PORTRAT OF HENRI ROCHEFORT
A BAR AT THE FOLIES-BERGÈRE
The Paintings and Pastels
MANET’S PAINTINGS AND PASTELS
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF ARTWORKS
The Biographical Pieces
ÉDOUARD MANET: HIS WORK, HIS INFLUENCE by Camille Mauclair
ÉDOUARD MANET by Willard Huntington Wright
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to buy the whole Art series as a Super Set