The critical range that is represented includes examples of Marxist, New Historicist, Feminist and Psychoanalytical approaches to Blake. Taken together, the essays consider all areas and moments of Blake's career as poet, from the early lyrics to his later epic poems, and they have been chosen to reveal not only the range of Blake's concerns but also to alert the reader to the rich variety of contemporary criticism that is devoted to him. Although the majority of essays are devoted to Blake as poet, others consider his work as printmaker, illustrator, and visionary artist. However severely individual essays choose to judge him, ultimately all the contributions to this book affirm Blake as one of the great geniuses of English art and letters.
William Blake provides a valuable introduction by one of Britain's foremost critics and will be welcomed by students wanting to familiarise themselves with the work of Blake.
1. What should you wear to your parole hearing?
2. How come lite beer weighs the same as regular beer?
3. IS a dog's mouth really cleaner than a human's?
4. Is "Gator" a good name for a baby?
5. Do you still have to pay your bills if you're in jail?
6. What parts of a rabbit are not edible?
7. Are Chihuahuas necessary?
•Comprehensive treatment of pearl oyster biology and pearl culture
•Written by the top world authorities
•Highly illustrated and figured
•Of practical relevance to a broad readership, from professional biologists to those involved in the practicalities and practice of pearl production