* I. Allegro Vivace
* II. Air
* III. Hornpipe
* IV. Minuet
* V. Allegretto Giocoso
* VI. Allegro Maestoso
This collection features the celebrated Eight Great Suites, including the Harmonious Blacksmith Air and the Passacaille in G Minor (G 255), "a work in which Handel approaches most nearly to the monumental style of his choral writing" (Grove's Dictionary). Other works include: Fugue in A Minor; Fantasia in C Major; Suite (Partita) in G Minor; Sonatina in B-flat Major; Capriccio in F Major; Minuet in G Minor; Sonatas in C Major; Chaconne in F Major; Prelude and Sonata in G Minor; and more.
For this new edition, the pieces have been rearranged and retitled according to the latest scholarly sequences found in The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. Students and scholars will find many of the ideas Handel sketched here expanded and reworked in later chamber and orchestral works and in the opera dance movements; musicians and every Baroque music lover will see in these neglected pieces "a Protean fluidity" (New Grove) worthy of the great composer, and more than worthy of any musical library.
One of the most compelling and adored superstars in Latin music history, Selena was nothing short of a phenomenon who shared all of herself with her millions of devoted fans. Her tragic murder, at the young age of twenty-three, stripped the world of her talent and boundless potential, her tightly knit family of their beloved angel, and her husband, Chris Perez, of the greatest love he had ever known.
For over a decade, Chris held on to the only personal thing he had left from his late wife: the touching and sometimes painful memories of their very private bond. Now, for the first time, Chris opens up about their unbreakable friendship, forbidden relationship, and blossoming marriage, which were cut short by Selena’s unforgivable death.
Chris’s powerful story gives a rare glimpse into Selena’s sincerity and vulnerability when falling in love, strength and conviction when fighting for that love, and absolute resilience when finding peace and normalcy with her family’s acceptance of the only man she called her husband. While showcasing a side of Selena that has never been disclosed before and clarifying certain misconceptions about her life and death, To Selena, with Love is an everlasting love story that immortalizes the heart and soul of an extraordinary, unforgettable, and irreplaceable icon.
Includes exclusive photos!
* Principles of Study and Guidance
* Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Lightly Row (Folk Song)
* Song of the Wind (Folk Song)
* Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Folk Song)
* O Come, Little Children (Folk Song)
* May Song (Folk Song)
* Long, Long Ago (T.H. Bayly)
* Allegro (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Perpetual Motion (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Allegretto (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Andantino (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Etude (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Minuet 1, Minuett III from Suite in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 822 (J.S. Bach)
* Minuet 2, Minuet, BWV Anh. II 116 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (J.S. Bach)
* Minuet 3, Minuet BWV Anh. II 114/Anh. III 183 (J.S. Bach)
* The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (R. Schumann)
* Gavotte (F.J. Gossec)
Revised edition features:
* New engravings
* New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
* Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
* Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
* Musical notation guide
* Fingerboard position
* New photos
Scar Tissue is Anthony Kiedis's searingly honest memoir of a life spent in the fast lane. In 1983, four self-described "knuckleheads" burst out of the mosh-pitted mosaic of the neo-punk rock scene in L.A. with their own unique brand of cosmic hardcore mayhem funk. Over twenty years later, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, against all odds, have become one of the most successful bands in the world. Though the band has gone through many incarnations, Anthony Kiedis, the group's lyricist and dynamic lead singer, has been there for the whole roller-coaster ride.
Whether he's recollecting the influence of the beautiful, strong women who have been his muses, or retracing a journey that has included appearances as diverse as a performance before half a million people at Woodstock or an audience of one at the humble compound of the exiled Dalai Lama, Kiedis shares a compelling story about the price of success and excess. Scar Tissue is a story of dedication and debauchery, of intrigue and integrity, of recklessness and redemption--a story that could only have come out of the world of rock.
Suitable for violin teachers and students of all ages and levels, this guide presents general principles and offers practical suggestions related to posture, holding the instrument and bow, vibrato movements, intonation, tone production, bowing patterns, double stops, trills, and many other facets of playing and practice. This edition features a new Introduction by Sally Thomas, violin virtuoso and Galamian's former student.
* Study Points for Volume 2
* Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus (G.F. Handel)
* Musette, Gavotte II or the Musette from English Suite III in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 808 (J.S. Bach)
* Hunters' Chorus from 3rd Act of the opera Der Freischutz (C.M. von Weber)
* Long, Long Ago (T.H. Bayly)
* Waltz, Op. 39, No. 15 for Piano (J. Brahms)
* Bourrée from Sonata in F Major for Oboe, HHA IV/18, No. 8 (G.F. Handel)
* The Two Grenadiers, Die beiden Grenadier, Op. 49, No. 1 for Voice and Piano (R. Schumann)
* Theme from Witches' Dance (N. Paganini)
* Gavotte from Mignon (A. Thomas)
* Gavotte (J.B. Lully)
* Minuet in G, Wo0 10, No. 2 (L. van Beethoven)
* Minuet from Sei Quintetti per Archi No. 11, Op. 11, No. 5 in E Major (L. Boccherini)
Corey Taylor has seen a lot of unbelievable things. However, many of his most incredible experiences might just shock you. For much of his life, the Grammy Award-winning singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour has brushed up against the supernatural world. Those close encounters impacted his personal evolution just as much as headlining at Castle Donington in front of 100,000 people at Download Festival or debuting at #1 on the Billboard Top 200.
Since growing up in Iowa, his own curiosity drew him into situations that would've sent most people screaming scared and running for the hills. He's ballsy enough to go into the darkness and deal with the consequences, though. As a result, he's seen ghosts up close and personal, whether while combing through an abandoned house in his native Iowa as a child or recording an album in the fabled Houdini Hollywood Hills mansion. He's also got the memories (and scars) to prove it. For some reason, he can't seem to shake these spectral stories, and that brings us to this little tome right here...
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Heaven compiles Taylor's most intimate, incredible, and insane moments with the supernatural. His memories are as vivid as they are vicious. As he recounts these stories, he questions the validity of religious belief systems and two-thousand-year-old dogma. As always, his rapid-fire writing, razor-sharp sense of humor, unbridled honesty, and cozy anecdotes make quite the case for his point. You might end up believing him or not. That's up to you. Either way, you're in for a hell of a ride.
* Sonata in G Major, Largo, Allegro, Largo, Presto (B. Marcello / Preucil)
* Country Dance (C.M. von Weber)
* Practice Suggestions (D. Preucil)
* Nina (G.B. Pergolesi)
* Spinning Wheel (N. Rubinstein)
* Gigue (F.M. Veracini)
* Exercises for Shaping the Left Hand (S. Suzuki)
* Suite I in G Major, Prelude, Courante, Gigue (J.S. Bach)
* Moto Perpetuo (C. Bohm)
* Four French Dances, I. L'Agreable, II. La Provencale, III. La Matelotte, IV. La Basque (M. Marais)
* Tonalization-C Major and Minor Scales and Arpeggios (D. Preucil)
* Shifting Studies (D. Preucil)
* Concerto No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 12 I. Allegro Risoluto (F. Seitz)
Marchese takes readers from start to finish as Zygmuntowicz builds the violin, from the first selection of the wood, to the cutting of the back and belly, through the carving of the scroll and the fingerboard, to the placement of the sound peg. Though much of the story takes place in the craftsman's museum–like Brooklyn workshop, there are side trips across the river to the rehearsal rooms of Carnegie Hall and Lincoln center, and across the world. Stops on the itinerary include Cremona, Italy, the magical city where Antonio Stradivari (and a few of his contemporaries) achieved a level of violin–making perfection that has endured for centuries, as well as points in France and Germany integral to the history of the violin.
A stunning work of narrative nonfiction that's also a finely crafted, loving homage to the instrument that most closely approximates the human voice.