• Featuring a rare short story starring Katsuichi and young Usagi which has never seen print in the Usagi comics series!
When plague strikes a border town in the mountains of the Geishu Province, Lord Noriyuki sends his loyal bodyguard Tomoe to investigate. Once there, she and her retinue discover a truth far more terrible. Meanwhile, back at the castle, the sycophantic Lord Horikawa sets in motion a plot to eliminate Tomoe his own way. Only the rabbit ronin Usagi could extricate a friend from a predicament this perilous-if he hadn't ended up landing in the same one himself!
Usagi and Tomoe must use every ounce of skill and wit if they are to survive "The Mother of Mountains," an adventure in the spirit of the award-winning epic "Grasscutter" by internationally celebrated storyteller Stan Sakai!
* Introduction by film director John Landis!
* Collects Usagi Yojimbo Color Special #1-3 (originally published by Fantagraphics) and Usagi Yojimbo #90-93.
* Introduction by Heidi MacDonald of Publishers Weekly and features the newly redrawn "Tomoe's Story" introductory tale!
* Listed as one of the Young Adult Library Services Association's (YALSA) Great Graphic Novels for Teens.
* Collects issues #94-#102. This volume also includes the landmark Usagi Yojimbo #100, a celebratory roast issue featuring contributions from several of the best writers and artists in comics including Frank Miller, Matt Wagner, Jeff Smith, Sergio Aragonés, and more!
Introduction by Brian K. Vaughan!
“Matching the writing, Stan Sakai's cartooning remains a lesson to anyone wanting to learn the craft. Well-researched details ground each scene in reality, while the carefully chosen angles and zooms maximize the humor or drama of each story beat . . . Long story short, Usagi Yojimbo continues to be the best adventure comic in the world today, and Bridge of Tears is simply more evidence.” -Newsarma
Meanwhile, Boss Bakuchi, shamed by his inability to avenge his son's death, doubles the bounty on the killer-Inazuma. The money brings out scores of bounty hunters, unaware that they are merely a flock of sparrows intent on bringing down an eagle.
The hunt for Inazuma also draws Usagi, hunters Gen and Stray Dog, and a mysterious stranger named Isamu, each with his own motive. As the threat of the Black Soul reemerges, this epic storyline reveals at last the true origin of Jei!
* Collecting "Sparrows," the dramatic return of the demon Jei, and "The Darkness and the Soul," Jei's long-awaited origin, plus the Usagi short from Free Comic Book Day 2009.
* Introduction by Charles Solomon of the Los Angeles Times.
* Introduction by award-winning animator and official “Disney Legend” Floyd Norman!
* The tales in this volume were nominated for the Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series!
* Introduction by Geof Darrow (Shaolin Cowboy, Hard Boiled)!
* 2012 Eisner nominee for Best Continuing Series!
* Also available in a limited edition, signed and numbered hardcover!
“In an ideal world, everyone would read Usagi Yojimbo. This is as good a place as any to start making that happen.”—Comic Book Resources
* Stan Sakai’s series gets the deluxe treatment from Dark Horse!
* Over 600 pages of samurai action and adventure!
* Full-color cover gallery!
* Usagi Yojimbo has won multiple awards and been published all over the world!
* Also available in a limited hardcover of 900 signed copies.
Forged in the clouds by the elemental gods of feudal Japan, the legendary sword Kusanagi — also known as "Grasscutter" — holds such power that it is sought after by mighty forces of good and evil. Multiple award winner Stan Sakai continues the epic adventures of his signature samurai rabbit, Usagi Yojimbo, in this second book centering on the mystical sword. Starting with a prologue that unveils the history of the sword, Grasscutter II rejoins Usagi with his samurai travelling companion, Gen, as they journey to the sacred shrine of Atsuta to return the powerful sword to its final resting place. But two ninja clans will fight the honorable samurai as well as each other in order to capture the sword and gain control of the empire with it. An enthralling book for all ages to enjoy, Grasscutter II will amaze readers with its narrative depth and poetic storytelling.
Collects Usagi Yojimbo #139–#144, plus three additional, previously uncollected stories: “Buntori,” “The Artist,” and “Sukanku”!
* Introduction by Guy Davis (The Marquis, concept artist on Pacific Rim and The Strain)!
* Usagi Yojimbo: The Brink of Life and Death 2nd edition features completely remastered art and a look inside Stan Sakai's research and influences with new story notes! Includes an introduction by writer Kurt Busiek.
Collects Usagi Yojimbo Volume Three #117–#138 and the Free Comic Book Day 2009 story “One Dark and Stormy Night.”
“One of the longest running series in comics, the quality of the narrative still remains undeniably high.”—Paste Magazine
* Collects every Nilson story, plus rarely seen extra art!
* Newly scanned from Sakai's original art and colored by Usagi colorist Tom Luth!
* Don't miss Nilson and Hermy in November's Dark Horse Presents #30!
"Stan Sakai is a master."—Alejandro Jodorowsky
"Stan Sakai is one of the few artists working in comics who completely understand the medium."—Jeff Smith
What It Is: Peanuts: A Tribute to Charles M. Schulz is a giant love letter from creators new and old from comic strips to webcomics, children¡¯s books to comic books. Unprecedented at this scale, it is very rare for the Schulz estate to allow other cartoonists to illustrate the Peanuts gang in their own signature styles. This collection of original stories, pin-ups, and strips pay tribute to Schulz and the world of Peanuts, and includes contributions from Raina Telgemeier (Smile), Jen Wang (In Real Life), Patrick McDonnell (Mutts), Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Terry Moore (Rachel Rising), Mike Allred (Silver Surfer), Paul Pope (Battling Boy), and many more. Features an introduction by Lincoln Peirce (Big Nate).
Fifteen years in his future, Miyamoto Usagi fights with Lord Noriyuki's Geishu clan, in an all-out war against the treacherous Lord Hikiji. In the fury of the final battle, a mysterious metal rocket crash-lands from the heavens, shattering both armies and igniting a new, more devastating conflict. It will take all the considerable fortitude, ingenuity, and heroism that Usagi and his loved ones can muster to combat the fearsome extraterrestrial war machines and halt the alien invasion.
In the end, not everyone will survive to tell the tale.
As if that’s not scary enough, Halloween’s just around the corner and the frights are coming at Greg from every angle.
When Greg discovers a bag of gummy worms, it sparks an idea. Can he get his mom off his back by making a movie . . . and will he become rich and famous in the process? Or will doubling down on this plan just double Greg’s troubles?
A certain member of the CCP girls Dork fans know all about has gotten her hands on Nikki’s diary and has decided to share some thoughts of her own…Find out what happens when Nikki’s worst nightmare becomes a reality. Welcome to Mackenzie’s world!!
Nikki has to hide seven ADORKABLE puppies from two parents, one nosy little sister, an entire middle school, and…one mean girl out for revenge, Mackenzie Hollister. If anyone can do it, it’s Nikki…but not without some hilarious challenges along the way!
Nikki Maxwell has the worst luck. Of all the schools she could have been assigned to for the student exchange week program, she’s stuck at North Hampton Hills, her arch nemesis MacKenzie Hollister’s new school. Even worse, there might just be someone at NHH who can out-MacKenzie MacKenzie!
At least Nikki can write about every moment of drama in her diary, so readers won’t miss a moment of it.
Can the queen of dorks survive a week at the head CCP’s new school or will it be a dorky disaster?
It’s the biggest dance of the year and Nikki Maxwell is hoping her crush, Brandon, wants to be her date. But time is running out. What if he doesn’t want to go with her? Or worse—what if he ends up going with Mackenzie?!!
In the sixth book in the blockbuster Dork Diaries series—now with more than 8 million copies in print—join Nikki, Chloe and Zoey as they tackle the topic of love, Dork Diaries style!