Newly edited for today’s readers, this time-tested book combines recognized public speaking techniques with proven theories of preaching to equip you for the pulpit. Author James Braga provides pastors and message-givers anywhere in ministry with logical, step-by-step guidance to preparing and delivering effective sermons. Each chapter thoroughly defines and describes each critical component of a sermon, from the introduction to illustrations and the conclusion.
35th Anniversary Edition - Updated for the 21st Century!
A How-To That Delivers
Since 1969, How to Prepare Bible Messages has been a pastor’s most trusted source for preparing and delivering sermons that change lives.
And for good reason.
James Braga’s clear and logical method combines effective techniques for public speaking with time-tested theories of teaching. His instructions are so simple even a novice can follow them. From the title to the conclusion and the lessons in between, Braga leaves no question unanswered.
How to Prepare Bible Messages is a recognized classic—and your key to powerfully conveying God’s Word to a hungry people!
Story Behind the Book
When this book was originally published in 1969, James Braga understood that in order for God’s Word to impact His sheep in a life-changing way, the messenger had to do his job exceedingly well. Now, more than thirty years later, the guidance Braga provides pastors, youth leaders, and speakers of all kinds for preparing and delivering effective Bible messages stands stronger than ever. Time-tested and true, his words provide insight, guidance, and tangible steps for answering God’s call to deliver His message with excellence.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 1 provides:
These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.Each sermon outline is rooted in God's Word and expository with a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.Every sermon outline is solidly based in the Bible and conservative theology.Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.A complete sermon series is included, providing a map for the next several Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.All sermons are based completely in Scripture.
Here's a complete list of the sermons and the Scripture passages they are based upon:1. You've Been Here Long Enough - Deuteronomy 2:1-7 2. He is God - Mark 14:55-65 3. World History - Genesis 1:1 4. Meeting the Challenge - Romans 10:13-17 5. The Way It Really Is - Isaiah 6:1-9 6. Why? - John 9:1-5 7. Lessons from Ephesus - Ephesians 1:1-3 8. Stairway to Heaven - Genesis 28:10-19 9. What is Your Definition of Success? - Luke 12:13-21 10. Real Faith - 1 Samuel 13:23-14:14 11. He's Still Jesus - Matthew 11:1-6 12. Jesus, Our Reconcilliation - Romans 5:6-11 13. What If There Had Been No Resurrection? - 1 Corinthians 15:1-20 14. The Lord's Supper - Luke 22:14-20 15. Commitment Requirements - Matthew 26:36-46 16. Law and Grace - John 8:2-12 17. Your Biography - James 4:14 18. Be Single-Minded - Matthew 6:19-24 19. Come Back to God - Hosea 11:1-11 20. The Influence of Mothers - 2 Timothy 1:1-6 21. The Message of Jesus - Mark 1:14-15 22. The Rule of the Temporary and the Eternal - Philippians 4:4 23. Be Encouraged - Romans 8:31-39 24. Skeletons in the Closet - Matthew 1:1-17 25. Men on Fire - Daniel 3:1-30 26. Judas - Luke 6:12-16 27. Forgiveness - Matthew 18:21-22 28. Repentance Toward Revival - 2 Samuel 11:1-5 29. Revival Conditions - 2 Chronicles 7:13-15 30. A Revival for God's Army - 1 Samuel 17:4-11 31. The Work Required - John 6:28-29 32. Five Steps to Spiritual Maturity - Hebrews 5:11-6:3 33. A New Creation - 2 Corinthians 5:16-17 34. Where Are You Going? - Galatians 1:13-17 35. Holy Ground - Exodus 3:1-6 36. What Will You Do with Jesus? - Matthew 27:11-22 37. Walk of Faith - John 4:46-54 38. Grace - 2 Samuel 9:1-13 39. Directions - 2 Kings 5:1-15 40. Community Callings - 1 Thessalonians 5:14 41. Tried and True Faith - 1 Peter 1:6-7 42. What Are You Doing Here? - 1 Kings 19:1-16 43. Thanksgiving - Psalm 103:1-5 44. Reminders - 1 Corinthians 1:1-9 45. Time to Rejoice - Philippians 4:4 46. A Church God Can Use - Colossians 1:1-14 47. He Was Born to Be - 1 John 1:1-3 48. Turning the World Upside Down - Acts 17:1-6 49. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 1 - Acts 17:6 50. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 2 - Acts 17:6 51. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 3 - Acts 17:6 52. Turning the World Upside Down, Question 4 - Acts 17:6
These outlines provide structure for pastors' study and preaching, to which they can add their own style and material to build weekly sermons.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 4 provides:These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.Each sermon outline is rooted in God's Word and is expository, with a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.Every sermon outline is solidly based in the Bible and conservative theology. Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.4 complete sermon series, providing a map for the next several Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.Volume 4 Sermons and the ScripturesBoldly Into the New Year - Joshua 1:1-9The Choice is Yours - Psalm 1:1-6Too Busy for Jesus - Luke 10:38-42Perform and Impress? - Proverbs 29:25Lessons from the Thorn - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10Proud or Humble? - Isaiah 66:1-2The Atoning Blood - Leviticus 16:1-9; Hebrews 9:7-14Blindness - 2 Corinthians 4:1-6The Road to the Cross: Who Then Can Be Saved? - Luke 18:18-30The Road to the Cross: He's Coming Back - Matthew 24:36-44The Road to the Cross: The Haves and the Have-Nots - Luke 18:9-14The Road to the Cross: The Big Picture - Isaiah 53:1-10The Road to the Cross: It Is Finished - John 19:16-30Second Chances - 2 Timothy 4:11Taking a Risk - Luke 8:43-48The Book Will Bring Revival - 2 Chron. 34:14-21; 29-33The Woman God Blesses - 1 Samuel 1:1-2:2What it Takes to do the Work of the Lord - Judges 7:1-15Men on Fire - Colossians 1:3-8; 4:12-13Identity Confusion - Luke 22:54-62At the Crossroads - Jeremiah 6:16A Building Dedication - 2 Kings 6:1-7Thanksgiving - Psalm 73:1-28Thanksgiving - Psalm 100:1-5Thanksgiving - Psalm 96:1-13Christmas - The Big Picture - Luke 2:1-14; John 1Christmas - The Incarnation - Luke 2:1-14Christmas - This Baby's Life - Isaiah 53:1-12Following God into the New Year - Genesis 12:1-4Life: What's the Point? - What's the Point of a Church in My Life? - Acts 2:42-47Life: What's the Point? - What's the Point of a New Life? - John 3:1-3Life: What's the Point? - What's the Point of a Right Life? - Romans 12:1-2Life: What's the Point? - What's the Point of My Life? - Jeremiah 1:540 Days of Prayer - Week 1 - Acts 1:1-1340 Days of Prayer - Week 2 - Exodus 34:1-940 Days of Prayer - Week 3 - Acts 4:23-3240 Days of Prayer - Week 4 - Matthew 5:13-1640 Days of Prayer - Week 5 - Acts 18:1-1140 Days of Prayer - Week 6 - 2 Chron. 7:14-1540 Days of Prayer - Week 7 - 2 Chron. 7:1-10Questions from Corinth - Reminders - 1 Cor. 1:1-9Questions from Corinth - What About Divisions in the Church? - 1 Cor. 1:10-11Questions from Corinth - Flee Immorality - 1 Cor. 6:13-20Questions from Corinth - What About the Lord's Supper? - 1 Cor. 11:17-30Questions from Corinth - Who's The Most Important? - 1 Cor. 12:12-27Questions from Corinth - What About Temptation? - 1 Cor. 10:6-13Questions from Corinth - What about Gray Areas? - 1 Cor. 8:1-13Questions from Corinth - Is Marriage Important? - 1 Cor. 7:1-16Questions from Corinth - The Do's and Don'ts of Love - 1 Cor. 13:4-8Questions from Corinth - What About the Cross? - 1 Cor. 1:17-25Questions from Corinth - What is the Gospel? - 1 Cor. 15:1-4Questions from Corinth - What About the Resurrection? - 1 Cor. 15:12-19Keywords: bible,expository,outlines,pastor,sermon,sermon helps,sermon outlines,sermon prep,old testament,new testament,preach,preaching
Buechner's words, both written and spoken, have the power to revolutionize and revitalize belief and faith. He reveals the presence of God in the midst of daily life. He faces and embraces difficult questions and doubt as essential components of our lives, rather than as enemies that destroy us. "Listen to your life!" is his clarion call. This theme pervades this definitive collection of sermons, delivered throughout Buechner's lifetime. Presented chronologically, they provide a clear picture of the development of his theology and thinking. Reflecting Buechner's exquisite gift for storytelling and his compassionate pastor's heart, Secrets in the Dark will inspire laughter, hope, and bring great solace. Turn the pages and rediscover what it means to be thoughtful about faith. See why this renowned writer has been quoted in countless pulpits and beloved by Americans for generations.
A veteran theologian and minister offers his wise counsel to beginners in the field on the difficulties of practicing theology in a church often skeptical of theological pursuit. Thielicke stresses the importance of maintaining one's spiritual health in the course of technical theological inquiry.
Accompanying this landmark document are sermons by nine other influential Puritans of the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries, among them Thomas Shepard's "The Parable of the Ten Virgins," Cotton Mather's "An Hortatory and Necessary Address," John Cotton's "The Way of Life," as well as sermons by John Winthrop, Increase Mather, Jonathan Mayhew, Thomas Hooker, Peter Bulkeley, and Samuel Willard.
Enlightening and thought-provoking, the volume will serve as primary source material in many American history and literature courses.
Thousands of beginning theological students over the years have had the opportunity to eavesdrop, as it were, on a practical theology seminar by one of the twentieth century's leading Christian thinkers. More experienced pastors and theologians have also returned to this volume again and again for the valuable insights that Thielicke brings to bear on their vocation.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 2 provides:These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.Each sermon outline is rooted in God's Word and is expository, with a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.Every sermon outline is solidly based in the Bible and conservative theology. Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.3 complete sermon series, providing a map for the next several Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.Sermon Titles and the Scripture References
1. A Fresh Start - Exodus 2:1-10
2. What Is A Christian? - Acts 11:19-26
3. Abnormal - 1 Peter 2:4-12
4. The Fear of the Lord - Proverbs 1:7
5. The Call, Promise, and Challenge - Numbers 13:26-33
6. The Most Important Exam - 2 Corinthians 13:5
7. Requirements - Deuteronomy 10:12-22
8. What the Lord Supper Means - 1 Corinthians 11:23-40
9. Just Who Are You? - Colossians 2:6-20
10. Jesus - Our Redemption - Galatians 4:3-7
11. The Tempter and Us - Genesis 3:1-7
12. Jesus - The Propitiation - Romans 3:21-26
13. What's the Point of a Right Life? - Romans 12:1-2
14. A Church in Trouble - Revelation 3:14-22
15. Palm Sunday - Jesus is Not Always What We Want Him to Be - Romans 3:21-26
16. The Sacrifice of Atonement - Romans 3:21-26
17. Out of the Blue - Matthew 27:15-26
18. Chasing - Psalm 63:1-8
19. A Woman Who Makes a Difference - Acts 9:36-43
20. Messed Up People - Genesis 9:18-23
21. A Matter of Faith - Hebrews 11:1-6
22. What Faith Has to Offer - Hebrews 11:32-40
23. Something to Glory In - Jeremiah 9:23-24
24. One Eye on the Enemy and One on the Wall - Nehemiah 4:13-17
25. By Our Love - John 13:31-35
26. Crime and Punishment - Levitcus 24:10-16
27. Follow Jesus or Bust - Luke 9:57-62
28. A Challenge from God - Malachi 3:6-12
29. Because of Others - Mark 2:1-5
30. Hope - Mark 5:24-34
31. Purpose in Problems - Matthew 14:22-33
32. Repentance - Matthew 6:25-33
33. Reasons for Our Thanksgiving - Colossians 1:1-6
34. Church on Fire - Acts 2:1-4
35. Church on Fire - Fan the Flames - 2 Timothy 1:5-7
36. The Name of Jesus - Philippians 2:5-11
37. When Did Christmas Begin? - 1 Peter 1:18-21
38. Memorial - Joshua 4:1-7
39. Misconceptions - The Church - Matthew 16:18
40. Misconceptions - Worship - John 4:19-26
41. Misconceptions - Discipleship - Luke 9:23-24
42. Misconceptions - Ministry - 1 Peter 4:10
43. Misconceptions - Evangelism - Acts 1:8
44. Misconceptions - Missions - Acts 1:8
45. Misconceptions - Fellowship - Acts 2:42-47
46. Seriously - Exercise Naked - 1 Timothy 4:6-10
47. Seriously - The Simple Life - 2 Corinthians 11:2-4
48. Seriously - Peace and Quiet - Psalm 46:1-11
49. Seriously - Surrender - Philippians 2:3-8
50. Xmas: What's Missing in Your Christmas? - Amazement - Genesis 3:15
51. Xmas: What's Missing in Your Christmas? - The Supernatural - Matthew 1:18-25
52. Xmas: What's Missing in Your Christmas? - Reflection and Perspective - Luke 2:19
Jocelyn Zichterman was born, raised, married into, and finally, with her family, fled the Independent Fundamental Baptist church. Founded by the fiery preacher Bob Jones, with several hundred thousand members, IFB congregants are told they must not associate with members of other Baptist denominations and evangelicals, with an emphasis on secrecy, insular marriages within the church, a subservience for women, and unusual child raising practices.
In I Fired God, Jocelyn Zichterman systematically details the IFB's disturbing history, exposing a cult-like atmosphere of corruption, greed, and abuse. Having been initiated into its innermost circles, Zichterman knows that the gentle demeanor America sees in the form of the Duggar clan on 19 Kids and Counting disguises the truth about the darker side of the church.
With written documentation and sources so thorough that law enforcement has used her work as a foundation for criminal prosecutions, Zichterman exposes the IFB with revelations including:
- The disturbing world of abuse within the IFB and doctors and teachers who cater exclusively to church members and fail to report physical and sexual abuse
- The IFB-controlled Bob Jones University, which issues degrees of questionable value while making vast sums of money for its founders
- The way the IFB influences politics on the local, state, and national level, and protects its abusive culture under the constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion
Today's church is under constant pressure from society to change. Change our message. Change our ways. Within the church, some are pushing for compromise. Change the message.
These pressures to change and compromise are not new to the church. Almost two thousand years ago, the Apostle Paul wrote to a church facing similar circumstances. What Paul wrote to the Colossians is just as relevant to today's church of the 21st century.
Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Colossians Series presents a verse-by-verse, expository sermon series that speaks to today's church that faces pressures from both outside and inside the church. Encourage, strengthen, and prepare your church with the sermons in Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Colossians Series.
Sermon Titles and Scripture References:
1. Introduction to Colossians - Colossians 2:1-4
2. Resist - Colossians 1:1-14
3. Supreme - Colossians 1:15-23
4. Mystery Revealed - Colossians 1:24-2:5
5. Jesus is the Answer - Colossians 2:6-23
6. Your Identity - Colossians 3:1-11
7. The Church the World Should See - Colossians 3:12-17
8. Relationships Reflecting Jesus - Colossians 3:18-4:1
9. A Plan for Bringing Change - Colossians 4:2-18
Keywords: bible,expository,outlines,pastor,sermon,sermon helps,sermon outlines,sermon prep,old testament,new testament,preach,preaching,colossians,paul
Greidanus challenges Old Testament scholars to broaden their focus and to understand the Old Testament not only in its own historical context but also in the context of the New Testament. Suggesting specific steps and providing concrete examples, this volume provides a practical guide for preaching Christ from the Old Testament.
Licensed to preach at the age of twelve and ordained at fifteen, Havner spent a lifetime calling people to repentance. A popular revivalist known for his homespun storytelling and memorable wordplay, Havner boldly proclaimed the Word of God for seventy-three years.
The author of more than thirty books, Havner's sermons are favorites among pastors who find his style refreshing, his quotes memorable, and his message convincing. In this collection of ten revival sermons, Havner's hard-hitting words proclaim the biblical message of heaven, hell, sin, repentance, sacrifice, holiness, prayer, and the lordship of Christ--themes that resonate with as much relevance today as when Havner first preached them.
"Vance Havner . . . is imitated, but he will never be duplicated. I rejoice that we have his ministry available to a new generation that is seeking something more than 'the average Christian life.'" --Warren W. Wiersbe
"Havner was a prophet of righteousness and revival. . . . It is encouraging that some of these flaming messages are now available for a modern generation that has never seen true revival." --Stephen F. Olford
Founder and Chairman of Olford Ministries
Dennis Hester has compiled and edited four books on Vance Havner. He works as a church consultant, workshop leader, conference speaker, and writer. He and his family live in Shelby, North Carolina.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 3 provides:These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.Each sermon outline has a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.There are 6 sermon series included, providing a map for future Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.There are also sermon outlines for a communion service and baby dedication, plus a full wedding ceremony and funeral message.All sermons are based completely in Scripture. Here's a complete list of the sermons and the Scripture passages they are based upon:
1. Fresh - Mark 1:16-202. Fresh - Worship - Isaiah 1:12-173. Fresh - The Word - Acts 18:9-104. Fresh - Courage - Joshua 1:1-95. Fresh - Mission - Matthew 28:19-206. Fresh - Perspective - 2 Kings 6:13-177. Fresh - Church - Matthew 16:188. Fresh - Gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1-49. Rooted - The Bible - 2 Timothy 3:16-1710. Rooted - What is God Like? - Genesis 1:111. Rooted - The Trinity - Deuteronomy 4:3512. Rooted - Prayer - Matthew 6:813. Rooted - Angels, Demons, Spiritual Warfare - 2 Kings 6:15-1714. Rooted - Baptism and Communion - Acts 10:47-4815. Rooted - Sin - Isaiah 59:1-816. Rooted - Jesus Christ - Matthew 1:1817. Rooted - Resurrection and Ascension - 1 Corinthians 15:13-1918. Rooted - Becoming a Christian - 2 Thessalonians 2:1419. Rooted - Sanctification, Perseverance, Assurance - Romans 6:1820. Rooted - Death - Romans 8:121. Rooted - When Jesus Returns - John 14:1-322. Rooted - The Final Judgement - Romans 2:523. Rooted - Heaven - John 14:1-324. Great Commission - Our Commission - Matthew 28:16-2025. Great Commission - Why Go? - Matthew 28:16-2026. Great Commission - Where Do We Go? - Matthew 28:16-2027. Great Commission - How We Make Disciples - Matthew 28:16-2028. Great Commission - In Practice - Matthew 28:16-2029. Church Revolution - Uprising or Revolution? - John 6:67-6830. Church Revolution - Revolution Heart - Luke 10:25-3731. Church Revolution - Don't Waste Your Life - Romans 6:1332. Church Revolution - Called to Revolution - Genesis 12:1-433. Church Revolution - Revolution Boot Camp - Romans 12:234. Church Revolution - Take Up the Cross - Luke 9:21-2635. Church Revolution - Finale - Luke 10:25-3736. Harvest - Sent to Harvest - Luke 10:1-237. Harvest - Sowing the Seeds - Mark 4:26-2938. Harvest - What It's Really All About - Revelation 7:9-1039. Disciple - What is a Christian? - Acts 11:19-2640. Disciple - What is a Disciple? - Luke 9:23-2441. Disciple - Become a Disciple - Matthew 4:18-2242. Disciple - Abide - John 15:1-543. Disciple - The Practical Stuff - Luke 9:2344. Disciple - The Word - John 8:31-3245. Disciple - Prayer - John 15:746. Disciple - Fellowship - John 13:34-3547. Disciple - Witness - John 15:848. Disciple - Service - John 15:1349. Disciple - Making Disciples - Matthew 28:18-2050. Communion - So What? - 1 Corinthians 15:12-1951. Baby Dedication - Psalm 127:352. A Wedding Ceremony - Genesis 2:21-2453. A Funeral Message - Psalm 116:15
Keywords: bible,expository,outlines,pastor,sermon,sermon helps,sermon outlines,sermon prep,old testament,new testament,preach,preaching
This volume provides more than just the essential events and necessary names to convey the grand history. It also addresses questions that students of Baptist history frequently ask, includes prayers and hymns of those who experienced hope and heartbreak, and directs the reader’s attention to the mission of the church as a whole. Written with an irenic tone and illustrated with photographs in every chapter, The Baptist Story is ideally suited for graduate and undergraduate courses, as well as group study in the local church.
(Pictures are not available in the eBook version).
This third edition of The Anabaptist Story has been substantially revised and enlarged to take into account the numerous Anabaptist sources that have come to light in the last half-century as well as the significant number of monographs and other scholarly works on Anabaptist themes that have recently appeared. Estep challenges a number of assumptions held by contemporary historians and offers fresh insights into the Anabaptist movement.
(These outlines are taken from Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 3)
Here are the sermon titles and Scripture references:
1. Disciple - What is a Christian? - Acts 11:19-26
2. Disciple - What is a Disciple? - Luke 9:23-24
3. Disciple - Become a Disciple - Matthew 4:18-22
4. Disciple - Abide - John 15:1-5
5. Disciple - The Practical Stuff - Luke 9:23
6. Disciple - The Word - John 8:31-32
7. Disciple - Prayer - John 15:7
8. Disciple - Fellowship - John 13:34-35
9. Disciple - Witness - John 15:8
10. Disciple - Service - John 15:13
11. Disciple - Making Disciples - Matthew 28:18-20
Keywords: bible,expository,outlines,pastor,sermon,sermon helps,sermon outlines,sermon prep,old testament,new testament,preach,preaching
Preaching sermon series is an effective way of focusing your church on a particular subject. You have the opportunity to extend the point and spend time concentrating on God's Word for better retention. Using sermon series also helps the busy pastor in sermon preparation, providing a clear plan for the weeks ahead.
You'll get 3 complete sermon series in Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Sermon Series Box Set 1. This book contains the entire contents from 3 Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors books: Rooted, Fresh, and Church Revolution.
Rooted is a series of 15 sermons covering the basic doctrines of the Christian faith. Preach on the importance of the Bible, the nature of God, the Trinity, Prayer, Angels, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare, Baptism and Communion, Sin, Jesus Christ, Resurrection and Ascension, Becoming a Christian, Sanctification, Perseverance, and Assurance, Death, the Return of Jesus, the Final Judgment, and Heaven.
Fresh is a series of 8 sermons for bringing renewal and awareness of God's plan and will for His church. This series will help you and your people focus on spiritual renewal.
Church Revolution is a series of 7 sermons focused on bringing change and passion to your church. The church is the people, and if there's to be a change in our church there has to be a change in our people. This sermon series will provide you the groundwork for beginning a revolution at your church, a revolution for Jesus Christ.
That's 30 complete sermon outlines. These are not the typical 3 point sermons. Each sermon is completely fleshed out, with points and subpoints. The sermon outlines in this book are taken directly from the notes I carry into the pulpit each week.
Keywords: sermon outlines, pastor, preacher, sermon series, bible, expository, outlines, sermon helps
Church attendance increases at each holiday. Pastors have huge opportunities to preach God's Word to those who might not always attend. Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Holiday Box Set contains every outline found in four other Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors books: Easter Sermons, Mothers & Fathers Day Sermons, Thanksgiving Sermons, and Christmas Sermons. Be prepared for every holiday.
That's 60 complete sermon outlines to help you prepare for the holidays!
Get a head start on the busy holiday seasons with Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Holiday Box Set.
This Digital Puritan edition includes a biographical preface by Gerald Mick. Scripture references (in the English Standard Version®) are hyperlinked and embedded into the book. No internet connection is required.
(These outlines are from Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 3)
Sermon Titles and Scripture References:1. Fresh - Mark 1:16-202. Fresh - Worship - Isaiah 1:12-173. Fresh - The Word - Acts 18:9-104. Fresh - Courage - Joshua 1:1-95. Fresh - Mission - Matthew 28:19-206. Fresh - Perspective - 2 Kings 6:13-177. Fresh - Church - Matthew 16:188. Fresh - Gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Keywords: bible,expository,outlines,pastor,sermon,sermon helps,sermon outlines,sermon prep,old testament,new testament,preach,preaching
Preaching with a Plan encourages and equips pastors to develop a cohesive preaching plan to guide their choice of Scripture, topics, and concepts on which to expound on Sunday mornings. It answers four critical questions for pastors, including:
Who plans preaching?
Why should I plan my preaching?
What kinds of preaching plans are available?
How do I put together a preaching plan?
Moving quickly from theory to practice, Preaching with a Plan helps pastors develop an entire year's worth of sermons designed to educate, enrich, and nurture mature believers.
This stain is more than historical fact; it prohibits Southern Baptist churches from embracing the one new man in Christ promised in Ephesians 2:11–22 and from participating in the new song of the saints from every tongue, tribe, people, and nation in Revelation 5:9.
The glorious gospel of Jesus Christ commands all his followers to do our part in removing racism from our midst. Removing the Stain of Racism from the Southern Baptist Convention is a powerful and practical call to sacrifice, humility, and perseverance—along with a relentless commitment to Christian unity—for the sake of the gospel and our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 5 gives the busy pastor a head start on sermon preparation. With 52 complete sermon outlines, pastors can save hundreds of hours a year, with the base research and layout for a year's worth of sermons already in place.
Here's some advantages Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 5 provides:
* These are complete sermon outlines. Each sermon outline is much more than a basic three point outline requiring a lot of time and research to flesh out. These outlines go much deeper, with each main point completely developed with sub-points and more.
* Each sermon outline is rooted in God's Word and expository with a wealth of detail, great for spurring your own thoughts and allowing you to take the sermon in another direction as you feel led.
* Every sermon outline is solidly based in the Bible and conservative theology.
* Sermon illustrations include enough detail to suggest your own personal or applicable illustrations.
* 3 complete sermon series, providing a map for the next several Sundays, saving many hours of advance planning and preparation.
If you're a pastor with more to do than time to do it, Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 5 is for you.
Sermon titles and Scripture references for Sermon Outlines for Busy Pastors: Volume 5:
1. Next Level: Sermon 1 - Desire - Luke 9:20-23
2. Next Level: Sermon 2 - Denial - Luke 9:20-23
3. Next Level: Sermon 3 - Death - Luke 9:20-23
4. Next Level: Sermon 4 - Decision - Luke 9:20-23
5. I Don't Feel Like... - 2 Samuel 22:31
6. How Good is Good Enough? - Acts 10:1-8
7. Who Are You? - Luke 15:11-32
8. Against All Hope - Romans 4:18
9. Christian Integrity - Psalm 15:1-5
10. True Joy - Philippians 3:1-12
11. Two Memorials - Joshua 4:1-11
12. What About Jesus? - Matthew 19:16-22
13. The Reason for Joy - Philippians 4:18-20
14. One Step - 1 Samuel 20:3
15. He Will Uphold - Isaiah 39:5-7
16. Come and See - John 1:35-51
17. What God is Looking For - Judges 6:11-24; 7:1-15
18. Reminder - Titus 3:3-7
19. Where Are You Going? - Galatians 1:13-24
20. What's Going On? - Luke 21:25-38
21. Pleasing God - Hebrews 11:5; Genesis 5:18-24
22. Mother's Day - Not Condemned - Luke 10:38-42
23. Covered - Genesis 3:21
24. Repentance - Psalm 51:1-17
25. A Missionary Right Where You Are - Luke 8:26-39
26. How to Have Revival - 1 Kings 18:41-46
27. On the Other Side - Exodus 14:1-31
28. Are You Remembering? - Deuteronomy 8:1-20
29. Discouragement - Psalm 42:1-11
30. Father's Day - Mighty Men - 2 Samuel 23:8-19
31. People of Service - John 13:1-17
32. Is It Jesus Only? - Acts 16:16-30
33. Eternally Secure - Philippians 1:3-6
34. They Slept Through It - Micah 5:2
35. Launch - Commitment and Connection - Acts 2:37-42
36. Launch - Deep Family - Romans 12:9-13
37. Launch - Together - Hebrews 10:19-25
38. Launch - Fellowship - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
39. Lights - Matthew 5:14-16
40. The Meaning of Baptism - Romans 6:3-4
41. The Church's Role in Times Like These - 2 Timothy 4:1-5
42. Our Position of Freedom (Part 1) - Galatians 4:1-7
43. Our Position of Freedom (Part 2) - Galatians 4:1-7
44. Don't Live Like the Rest of the World - Ephesians 4:17-24
45. Prayer and Forgiveness - 1 John 1:9
46. Move Out - Sermon 1 - Pray - Luke 10:1-2
47. Move Out - Sermon 2 - Prepare - Luke 9:57-62
48. Move Out - Sermon 3 - Places - Luke 10:1
49. Move Out - Sermon 4 - People - Matthew 9:35-38
50. Move Out - Sermon 5 - Three Groups in the Harvest - Matthew 8:28-9:13
51. Move Out - Sermon 6 - The Example of Jesus - John 4:5-30
52. Move Out - Sermon 7 - You Were Created for This! - Jeremiah 1:4-10