Inspired by a true story and told through the startlingly sincere voice of a young narrator, Caroline, Peter Rock's My Abandonment is a riveting journey into life at the margins, and a mesmerizing tale of survival and hope.
The Shelter Cycle tells the story of two children, Francine and Colville, who grew up in the Church Universal and Triumphant, a religion that predicted the world could end in the late 1980s. While their parents built underground shelters to withstand the impending Soviet missile strike, Francine and Colville played in the Montana wilderness, where invisible spirits watched over them. When the prophesized apocalypse did not occur, the sect’s members resurfaced and the children were forced to grow up in a world they believed might no longer exist.
Twenty years later, Francine and Colville are reunited while searching for an abducted girl. Haunted by memories and inculcated beliefs, they must confront the Church’s teachings. If all the things they were raised to believe were misguided, why then do they suddenly feel so true?
When Audra does come back for Vivian, she’s in the company of a strange man. The three of them run away together and practice wilderness survival. While Audra plans for the future, Vivian continues to gather evidence: Who is this mysterious man, and does he have any connection to the words appearing in her notebook?
Klickitat is a haunting story, full of atmosphere and awakening, crafted by one of today's most startling literary talents.
"The dreamy narration is evocative of The Virgin Suicides…it might be a readalike for E. Lockhart’s We Were Liars…"--VOYA
• Encompasses clinical continuum from neurosurgical pre-op to critical care – plus anesthesia in neuroradiology
• Adult and pediatric care
• Structured algorithmic approach supports clinical decision-making
• Succinct presentation of clinically relevant basic science
• End-of-chapter summaries, with suggestions for further reading
• Collaborative approach and multidisciplinary nature of perioperative medicine emphasized
• Extensive summary tables
• Portable and formatted for quick retrieval of information
• Ideal for use in the OR, the PACU, and the ICU