This book compiles the expert knowledge of many specialists in the construction and use of chemical sensors and biosensors including nitric oxide sensors, glucose sensors, DNA sensors, hydrogen sulfide sensors, oxygen sensors, superoxide sensors, immuno sensors, lab on chip, implatable microsensors, et al. Emphasis is laid on practical problems, ranging from chemical application to biomedical monitoring and from in vitro to in vivo, from single cell to animal to human measurement. This provides the unique opportunity of exchanging and combining the expertise of otherwise apparently unrelated disciplines of chemistry, biological engineering, and electronic engineering, medical, physiological.Provides user-oriented guidelines for the proper choice and application of new chemical sensors and biosensors
Details new methodological advancements related to and correlated with the measurement of interested species in biomedical samples
Contains many case studies to illustrate the range of application and importance of the chemical sensors and biosensors
and regulated speed, followed by detailed of major areas for which nanomachines has the potential to make a transformational impact. It ends with a futuristic look at nano/microscale machines and into their impact on the society.
* The only nanomachine introductory textbook currently available.
* Written with college graduate level in mind to appeal to a broad interdisciplinary audience.
* Covers the fundamental challenges for nanoscale motion.
* Covers the latest advances in the design and operaton of a wide range of small-scale machines.
* Covers diverse biomedical, environmental and technological applications of nanomachines.
* Written in review format with cited articles to cover latest research and developments.
The book details novel developments in the methodology and devices of biosensing and bioanalysis combined with nanoscience and nanotechnology, as well as their applications in biomedicine and environmental monitoring. Furthermore, the reported works on the application and biofunction of nanoparticles have attracted extensive attention and interest, thus they are of particular interest to readers.
The reader will obtain a rich survey of nanobiosensing technology, including the principles and application of biosensing, the design and biofunctionalization of bionanomaterials, as well as the methodology to develop biosensing devices and bioanalytical systems.