* Eisner-winning duo Mike Mignola and Richard Corben reunite!
An original graphic novel in hardcover!
" ... Hellboy is a brilliant example of how to elevate the comic of the future to a higher literary level while achieving a higher pitch of excitement."
—Robert Bloch, from his introduction
"Hellboy restores my faith in the joy of comic books."
Now's your chance to experience this gripping read for the first time or catch up on the tale with the first four years worth of material, collected in one volume for the first time.
Since 2003, Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead has been redefining the survival horror genre with its unique and vivid account of life after the end of the world. Although the cast is diverse and often changing (including, of course, a great number of zombies), at the heart of every tale is Rick Grimes: former police officer, husband, father, and de facto leader of a ragtag band of survivors looking to make a future for themselves in a world that no longer has one. To call The Walking Dead a zombie tale is accurate to a point, but it touches on only one facet of a story that asks timeless questions about what it means to live. It also asks whether or not this is possible in a world full of the dead. This is a great opportunity to experience this gripping read for the first time or catch up on the tale with the first four years worth of material, collected in one volume for the first time. Collects Volumes 1-8.
"The best horror comic in a generation. This Mignola guy is a wizard"
When Emperor Zombie threatens the safety of all life on earth, President Lincoln enlists the aid of a mechanical head. With the help of associates Mr. Groin (a faithful manservant) and Mr. Dog (a dog), Screw-On Head must brave ancient tombs, a Victorian flying apparatus, and demons from a dimension inside a turnip. This new collection of oddball Mignola creations also includes "The Magician and the Snake" from Dark Horse Maverick: Happy Endings and nearly fifty pages of brand-new material, all as weird and hilarious as the beloved Screw-On Head.
• The Amazing Screw-On Head won an Eisner Award for Best Humor Publication.
• "The Magician and the Snake" won an Eisner Award for Best Short Story.
• The Amazing Screw-On Head was the source for the cult animated short starring Paul Giamatti, David Hyde Pierce, and Patton Oswalt.
* Mignola reunites with artist Duncan Fegredo for the eagerly anticipated follow-up to Hellboy: Darkness Calls.
* Hellboy: The Wild Hunt collects the entire eight-issue miniseries, along with an extensive sketchbook section from both artists.
* A New York Times bestseller!
• Strange Places is the first Mignola-drawn Hellboy collection in over three years.
• With the 2004 release of Hellboy, the motion picture, Hellboy has become a media phenomenon! Look for production on the Hellboy sequel to begin in 2006!
• Collecting isssues #1-#2 of The Third Wish and The Island, plus new material.
Since his creation in 1993, Mike Mignola's Hellboy has accumulated dozens of industry awards and become a favorite of fans and critics alike. Now, Mignola turns over drawing duties to Duncan Fegredo (Enigma, Ultimate Adventures) for a new chapter in the life of the World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator.
* Collects the entire six-issue miniseries, along with two new epilogues—one drawn by Mignola, and one by Fegredo—and an extensive sketchbook section from both artists!
Contains new Hellboy story by Mike Mignola & P. Craig Russell!
In one of Grey's first cases as an agent of the queen, he goes from the sparkling echelons of Victorian London to its dark underbelly, facing occult conspiracies, a rampaging monster, and the city's most infamous secret society: The Heliopic Brotherhood of Ra.
This volume collects Witchfinder: In the Service of Angels #1-#5. This book also includes "Witchfinder: Murderous Intent," from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #16, by Mignola and Stenbeck, and "Henry Hood: The Burial of Katharine Baker," from Hellboy: The Wild Hunt, by Solomon Kane writer Scott Allie and Abe Sapien: The Haunted Boy artist Patric Reynolds.
• "All in all, this is a detective story that blends just the right amount of cerebral investigation with Mignola's trademark horror and adventure. And perhaps best of all, the story stands on its own very well, regardless of your past experience with Hellboy or B.P.R.D."—IGN
Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, with artist Guy Davis and cowriter John Arcudi, unravels a story that will determine the future of the B.P.R.D., while revealing key secrets about its past. This collection includes a sketchbook section that captures Guy Davis's development of the terrors unveiled in The Universal Machine.
• Collects the five-issue miniseries.
* From the pages of Hellboy.
* The Russian occult bureau revealed!
"Is there a more talented supernatural comics storyteller than Mike Mignola?"—Wired
• Collects B.P.R.D.: The Warning #1-#5.
• B.P.R.D.: The Warning is the first of three explosive arcs pulling together threads from throughout the series—and leaving the B.P.R.D. and the world forever changed.
• "This latest spinoff from Mignola's Hellboy franchise continues the high level of modern weird tales-influenced chills and adventure and at times even manages to outstrip its source."—Praise for a previous volume of B.P.R.D. in Publishers Weekly
Written by John Arcudi and Hellboy and B.P.R.D. creator Mike Mignola, and drawn by Guy Davis, Garden of Souls offers a window into the bizarre backstory of Abe Sapien and his colleagues in the mysterious Oannes Society—complete with Victorian cyborgs, doomsday devices, and a very well-preserved mummy.
• Collects B.P.R.D.: Garden of Souls #1-#5.
EC Comics legend John Severin (Two-Fisted Tales) rejoins the Hellboy line after his stellar debut in B.P.R.D.: War on Frogs! Collects the five-issue miniseries.
• Cover art by Mike Mignola!
• John Severin's weirdest western yet!
• "If I can recommend Witchfinder: Lost and Gone Forever for any reason, the biggest would be John Severin's art…an old master returning to the drawing board."—Newsarama
* "... this haunting trade by Mike Mignola and Jason Shawn Alexander will leave you gasping for air." -Wizard
FEATURING ART BY RYAN SOOK AND EISNER WINNER TYLER CROOK!
RETURN OF THE BLACK FLAME!
* Cover and story by Mike Mignola!
* Duncan Fegredo returns!
* An original graphic novel in hardcover!
"In the world of Hellboy; the stony hand that Hellboy uses to clobber opponents is called the Right Hand of Doom. For cartoonist and creator Mike Mignola; his right-hand man for doing Hellboy these days could be considered Duncan Fegredo." —Newsarama
* Epic vampire horror adventure from Hellboy creator Mike Mignola!
"The acronym 'B.P.R.D.' has become for us synonymous for a good read."-MTV Geek