• An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide through Book 1 of your Pottermore.com adventure.
• Put on the Sorting Hat and get placed within Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin, so you can experience your own, unique adventure and begin earning House Points.
• Follow in the footsteps of Harry as you re-live memorable scenes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and unlock never-before-revealed details about the characters, creatures, places, and objects from the Harry Potter books.
• Find all of the hidden items, and solve mysteries throughout your quest.
• Learn the secrets for becoming an expert at potion brewing.
• Master the art of Wizard’s Duels and learn how to successfully cast powerful spells.
• Discover how to unlock the exclusive content within Pottermore written by J.K. Rowling.
If you’re a fan of the Harry Potter books and movies, you’ll definitely want to experience Pottermore.com. Grab your wand and a copy of this unofficial strategy guide, so you won’t miss out on anything that Pottermore.com has to offer! Your training at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry awaits!
You’ll discover how to
Construct a quick shelter to help you survive your first night. Craft and enchant items, and make potions. Build nether portals and safely make your way around the nether. Create fantastic redstone projects, from automatic doors and light sensors to TNT cannons and fireworks launchers. Furnish your buildings with lights, appliances, paintings, flowerpots, and fireplaces–and add perfect finishing touches. Make and manage efficient farms. Customize Minecraft® with mods, skins, and resource packs. Join a server and even host a game.
Minecraft® is a trademark of Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB.
From two experienced educators and moms, 100 Fun & Easy Learning Games for Kids prepares your children to thrive in school and life the fun way by using guided play at home to teach important learning topics—reading, writing, math, science, art, music and global studies. Turn off the TV and beat boredom blues with these clever activities that are quick and easy to set up with common household materials. The huge variety of activities means you can choose from high-energy group games full of laughter and delight, or quiet activities that kids can complete on their own.
All activities highlight the skill they teach, and some are marked with a symbol whether they are good for on-the-go learning or if they incorporate movement for kids to get their wiggles out. In Zip-Line Letters, children learn letter sounds as the letters zoom across the room. In Parachute Subtraction, place foam balls in a parachute, then kids shake the parachute and practice subtraction as they count how many balls fall off. Kids will have so much fun, they won’t even realize they’re gaining important skills!
The activities are easy to adapt for all ages and skill levels. 100 Fun & Easy Learning Games for Kids is the solution for parents—as well as teachers, caregivers or relatives—to help kids realize how fun learning can be and develop what they’ll need to do well wherever life takes them.