* Beautifully illustrated with images relating to Balzac's life and works
* Concise introductions to the novels and other works
* The COMPLETE 'La ComÈdie humaine' in English translation
* The whole series is precisely organised into Balzac's plan
* Includes Balzac's introduction AVANT-PROPOS
* Images of how the books were first printed, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Famous works such as FATHER GORIOT, COUSIN BETTY, THE MAGIC SKIN and many more are illustrated with their original artwork
* Balzac's five plays
* Criticism section, with seven essays by writers such as Henry James and Leslie Stephen, evaluating Balzac's contribution to literature
* Features five biographies - discover in depth Balzac's literary life!
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* Special CHARACTERS resource, with information on all members of the cast 'La Comédie humaine', with references to the novels and stories they appear in
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse our range of exciting titles.
THE HUMAN COMEDY
THE HISTORY OF 'LA COM…DIE HUMAINE'
THE COMPLETE HUMAN COMEDY - OVER 110 NOVELS AND STORIES (too many to list)
The Short Stories
THE NAPOLEON OF THE PEOPLE
INTRODUCTION TO BALZAC'S DRAMAS by J. Walker McSpadden
THE RESOURCES OF QUINOLA
HONOR… DE BALZAC by Henry James
A LETTER, 1883 by Robert Louis Stevenson
BALZAC by John Cowper Powys
BALZAC'S NOVELS by Leslie Stephen
BALZAC by William Ernest Henley
BALZAC AS A DRAMATIST by Epiphanius Wilson
THE NOVEL by D. H. Lawrence
HONOR… DE BALZAC by Albert Keim and Louis Lumet
HONOR… DE BALZAC, HIS LIFE AND WRITINGS by Mary F. Sandars
BALZAC AND MADAME HANSKA by Elbert Hubbard
BALZAC by Frederick Lawton
WOMEN IN THE LIFE OF BALZAC by Juanita Helm Floyd
Glossary of Characters in 'La ComÈdie humaine'
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to view the full list
Having established their name as the leading publisher of classic literature and art, Delphi Classics produce publications that are individually crafted with superior formatting, while introducing many rare texts for the first time in digital print. The Delphi Classics edition of Balzac includes original annotations and illustrations relating to the life and works of the author, as well as individual tables of contents, allowing you to navigate eBooks quickly and easily.eBook features:
* The complete unabridged text of ‘The Deserted Woman by Honoré de Balzac - Delphi Classics (Illustrated)’
* Beautifully illustrated with images related to Balzac’s works
* Individual contents table, allowing easy navigation around the eBook
* Excellent formatting of the textPlease visit www.delphiclassics.com to learn more about our wide range of titles
The furniture, of carved ebony, after a fine model of the old school, gave substance and richness to the rather too decorative quality, as a painter might call it, of the rest of the room. On either side of a large window, two etageres displayed a hundred precious trifles, flowers of mechanical art brought into bloom by the fire of thought.
On a chimney_piece of slate_blue marble were figures in old Dresden, shepherds in bridal garb, with delicate bouquets in their hands, German fantasticalities surrounding a platinum clock, inlaid with arabesques. Above it sparkled the brilliant facets of a Venice mirror framed in ebony, with figures carved in relief, evidently obtained from some former royal residence. Two jardinieres were filled with the exotic product of a hot_house, pale, but divine flowers, the treasures of botany.
In this cold, orderly boudoir, where all things were in place as if for sale, no sign existed of the gay and capricious disorder of a happy home. At the present moment, the two young women were weeping. Pain seemed to predominate. The name of the owner, Ferdinand du Tillet, one of the richest bankers in Paris, is enough to explain the luxury of the whole house, of which this boudoir is but a sample.