This informed assessment of the genius of Bach's works can be applied with greatest accuracy to The Well-Tempered Clavier. This highly influential work is monumental in the history of Western music. It represents not only the culmination of Bach's own maturation process, but also the galvanization of the emerging style and structure of modern keyboard music.
The grace and fecundity of The Well-Tempered Clavier have thrilled audiences, musicians, and composers for centuries. Mozart, when rapidly advancing to the height of his mastery, had but to read a manuscript copy of The Well-Tempered Clavier and his style developed a new polyphonic richness and depth of harmony. Beethoven studied all the accessible works of Bach profoundly (including The Well-Tempered Clavier) and frequently quoted them in his sketchbooks, often with direct bearing on his own works. Chopin is nowhere more characteristic than when he shows his love of The Well-Tempered Clavier in his Etudes and Preludes. It was Schumann who, in a series of maxims for young musicians, said "Make The Well-Tempered Clavier your daily bread."
This remarkable volume contains all 48 preludes and fugues, from Books I and II, in all major keys, reproduced directly from the authoritative Bach-Gesellschaft edition. The fine engraving is beautiful, clear, and easy to read. These elegant pieces, which vary in difficulty, are available complete in one low-cost, convenient Dover edition.
Kalmus Editions are primarily reprints of Urtext Editions, reasonably priced and readily available. They are a must for students, teachers, and performers.
The renowned Bach-Gesellschaft, founded in 1850 to collect, edit, and publish all the known works of J. S. Bach, devoted fifty years to its monumental task. It succeeded so well in tracking down Bach's heritage, establishing authenticity, and transcribing accurate texts that it still remains the primary source for Bach's music., Unfortunately, it has always been a fantastically expensive publication, accessible only in the largest libraries.
This volume reprints in full, directly from the Bach-Gesellschaft volumes, important keyboard music. It contains the full texts of the Six English Suites, the Six French Suites, Six Partitas from the Clavierübung, the Goldberg Variations, and the Two- and Three-Part Inventions and Sinfonias,
The music has been reproduced in large, clear type, directly from the original editions, for maximum clarity. Designed as a playing edition, it will be a necessary book to every performer on the harpsichord or piano, every music student and musicologist, as well as to serious music listeners.
* 1 ��� Chorus
* 2 ��� Recitative (Tenor)
* 3 ��� Duet
* 4 ��� Chorale
* 5 ��� Recitative (Bass)
* 6 ��� Duet
* 7 ��� Chorale
This edition of J. S. Bach's masterpieces for solo violin, artfully transcribed for classical guitar by renowned performer, recording artist, and pedagogue Nicholas Goluses, is an essential addition to any classical guitarist's library. Including a thoughtful, scholarly preface on the art of transcribing Bach for the guitar, drawn from Goluses' doctoral dissertation, studying this edition will be edifying for any serious classical guitarist. Goluses' approach to putting these pieces on the guitar, and his thoughtful fingerings, will help overcome the complexities of playing this important and challenging music.
One of the most compelling and adored superstars in Latin music history, Selena was nothing short of a phenomenon who shared all of herself with her millions of devoted fans. Her tragic murder, at the young age of twenty-three, stripped the world of her talent and boundless potential, her tightly knit family of their beloved angel, and her husband, Chris Perez, of the greatest love he had ever known.
For over a decade, Chris held on to the only personal thing he had left from his late wife: the touching and sometimes painful memories of their very private bond. Now, for the first time, Chris opens up about their unbreakable friendship, forbidden relationship, and blossoming marriage, which were cut short by Selena’s unforgivable death.
Chris’s powerful story gives a rare glimpse into Selena’s sincerity and vulnerability when falling in love, strength and conviction when fighting for that love, and absolute resilience when finding peace and normalcy with her family’s acceptance of the only man she called her husband. While showcasing a side of Selena that has never been disclosed before and clarifying certain misconceptions about her life and death, To Selena, with Love is an everlasting love story that immortalizes the heart and soul of an extraordinary, unforgettable, and irreplaceable icon.
Includes exclusive photos!
* Principles of Study and Guidance
* Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Lightly Row (Folk Song)
* Song of the Wind (Folk Song)
* Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Folk Song)
* O Come, Little Children (Folk Song)
* May Song (Folk Song)
* Long, Long Ago (T.H. Bayly)
* Allegro (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Perpetual Motion (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Allegretto (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Andantino (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Etude (Shinichi Suzuki)
* Minuet 1, Minuett III from Suite in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 822 (J.S. Bach)
* Minuet 2, Minuet, BWV Anh. II 116 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (J.S. Bach)
* Minuet 3, Minuet BWV Anh. II 114/Anh. III 183 (J.S. Bach)
* The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (R. Schumann)
* Gavotte (F.J. Gossec)
Revised edition features:
* New engravings
* New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
* Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
* Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
* Musical notation guide
* Fingerboard position
* New photos
Scar Tissue is Anthony Kiedis's searingly honest memoir of a life spent in the fast lane. In 1983, four self-described "knuckleheads" burst out of the mosh-pitted mosaic of the neo-punk rock scene in L.A. with their own unique brand of cosmic hardcore mayhem funk. Over twenty years later, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, against all odds, have become one of the most successful bands in the world. Though the band has gone through many incarnations, Anthony Kiedis, the group's lyricist and dynamic lead singer, has been there for the whole roller-coaster ride.
Whether he's recollecting the influence of the beautiful, strong women who have been his muses, or retracing a journey that has included appearances as diverse as a performance before half a million people at Woodstock or an audience of one at the humble compound of the exiled Dalai Lama, Kiedis shares a compelling story about the price of success and excess. Scar Tissue is a story of dedication and debauchery, of intrigue and integrity, of recklessness and redemption--a story that could only have come out of the world of rock.
Suitable for violin teachers and students of all ages and levels, this guide presents general principles and offers practical suggestions related to posture, holding the instrument and bow, vibrato movements, intonation, tone production, bowing patterns, double stops, trills, and many other facets of playing and practice. This edition features a new Introduction by Sally Thomas, violin virtuoso and Galamian's former student.
* Study Points for Volume 2
* Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus (G.F. Handel)
* Musette, Gavotte II or the Musette from English Suite III in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 808 (J.S. Bach)
* Hunters' Chorus from 3rd Act of the opera Der Freischutz (C.M. von Weber)
* Long, Long Ago (T.H. Bayly)
* Waltz, Op. 39, No. 15 for Piano (J. Brahms)
* Bourrée from Sonata in F Major for Oboe, HHA IV/18, No. 8 (G.F. Handel)
* The Two Grenadiers, Die beiden Grenadier, Op. 49, No. 1 for Voice and Piano (R. Schumann)
* Theme from Witches' Dance (N. Paganini)
* Gavotte from Mignon (A. Thomas)
* Gavotte (J.B. Lully)
* Minuet in G, Wo0 10, No. 2 (L. van Beethoven)
* Minuet from Sei Quintetti per Archi No. 11, Op. 11, No. 5 in E Major (L. Boccherini)
* Sonata in G Major, Largo, Allegro, Largo, Presto (B. Marcello / Preucil)
* Country Dance (C.M. von Weber)
* Practice Suggestions (D. Preucil)
* Nina (G.B. Pergolesi)
* Spinning Wheel (N. Rubinstein)
* Gigue (F.M. Veracini)
* Exercises for Shaping the Left Hand (S. Suzuki)
* Suite I in G Major, Prelude, Courante, Gigue (J.S. Bach)
* Moto Perpetuo (C. Bohm)
* Four French Dances, I. L'Agreable, II. La Provencale, III. La Matelotte, IV. La Basque (M. Marais)
* Tonalization-C Major and Minor Scales and Arpeggios (D. Preucil)
* Shifting Studies (D. Preucil)
* Concerto No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 12 I. Allegro Risoluto (F. Seitz)
But that’s not all, folks. Taylor once again gives you a behind-the-scenes tour of his crazy life and the many beyond-the-grave events he’s encountered. (You’ll be shocked how often Slipknot has been invaded by the supernatural.) Taylor also touches on his religious background and how it led him to believe in much more than the Man in the Sky.