Sergei was three when the soldiers took him. At fifteen he fled into the wilderness, with nothing to cling to but the memories of a grandfather who called him Socrates and the promise of a gift buried near St. Petersburg. Thus begins The Journeys of Socrates -- an odyssey that forged the character of Sergei Ivanov, whose story would one day change the lives of millions of readers worldwide. This saga of courage and faith, of love and loss, reveals the arts of war and the path to peace. Ultimately, it speaks to the quest we all share for a meaningful life in a challenging world.
This book is for anyone seeking deeper insight into themselves and their lives, but especially for those at a crossroads, facing a challenge or change, when our past approaches no longer work.
These four purposes — learning life's lessons, finding your career and calling, discovering your life path, and attending to this arising moment — bring your life into sharper focus by revealing:
• the value of everyday challenges in relationships, health, work, and money
• how to make wiser decisions in career and relationships
• our twelve required courses in the school of life
• a mysterious system that highlights your hidden calling
• keys to mastering the most important purpose of all
The Four Purposes of Life can generate a quantum leap in self-knowledge, insight, and wisdom. The seeds planted will bear fruit for years to come.