Fresh from his latest attempt to get Buffy to act on her feelings for him, Spike has fled to the dark side of the moon. His trip leads him to a group of dangerous demons and a rude awakening from his reverie, which in turn leads him on an unexpected adventure to . . . Sunnydale! Collecting Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike—A Dark Place #1–#5.
* Cover by Jo Chen!
* A crucial episode in Season 9!
This anthology solves many unanswered questions left over from the show. For instance: What event inspired Dr. Horrible to become the world's greatest criminal mastermind? Why is Penny, the beautiful girl from the Laundromat, still single? How can you, the reader, be like blustering do-gooder Captain Hammer? And why is Horrible's sidekick, Moist, so . . . um . . . well, you'll find out!
* Collects the first issue of Dr. Horrible with all three digital comics from MySpace Dark Horse Presents.
* Includes a never-before-seen sixteen-page story, about the top secret organization The Evil League of Evil.
* Dark Horse's Dr. Horrible iTunes app rose to number one in twenty-four hours, Beating out the Bible and Dr. Seuss!
Armed with BuffyÕs broken scythe, Willow has entered another dimension and begun a quest to somehow, someway, against all odds, bring magic back to Earth. She must keep her darkest self at bay while she battles demonsÑthe scaly and horned type as well as her own! Collects the five-issue miniseries.
Season 9 continues with WillowÕs story!
ÒChing, much like Parker, captures the essence of Willow Rosenberg and adds the magic (and the monsters) to the mystical wonderland in which our witch finds herself stranded.ÓÑiFanboy
ÒBrian ChingÕs attractive artwork has strong transitions and his drawing of Buffyverse characters strikes a great balance between recognizable faces and keeping his own distinctive line intact. Michelle MadsenÕs colors are also easy on the eye.Ó ÑComic Book Resources
Just in time for the hotly anticipated action puzzler’s release, Dark Horse, Capcom, and Dontnod Entertainment invite fans to explore the intricate, enigmatic dystopia of Remember Me! Guided by the game’s creators, readers will traverse the darkly beautiful avenues and alleyways of 2084 Neo-Paris and examine the complex technology that enables memory hunters to manipulate and remix the innermost secrets of society’s most powerful leaders. Dontnod founder and comics veteran Aleksi Briclot sheds light on the genius that inspired the creation of this alluring, daring, and dangerous new universe!
* Sure to be one of the gaming highlights of 2013!
* Introductions by the game’s creative and art directors!
* Experience the creation of Remember Me’s innovative, arresting visuals!
* This special edition combines the first two volumes of the collected Astro Boy, in one value-priced collection!
For Dragon Age newcomers, this comprehensive volume brings you up to speed on everything you need to know about the regions, religions, monsters, magic, and more! For dedicated fans, never before have the secrets of BioWare’s epic fantasy been revealed so completely and so compellingly!
* Filled with never-before-seen art by the creators of the games!
* New Dragon Age game coming in 2013!
* From the writers and artists of the Dragon Age games.
The definitive guide!
One warm night in Chicago’s Resurrection Cemetery, paranormal investigators Vaughn and Tommy accidentally summon a beautiful, transparent woman. Their search for her true identity uncovers a dark, hidden history of the city and a deadly alliance between political corruption and demonic science! In the middle of it all stands a woman trapped between two worlds! Collects Ghost #0-#4.
* Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel).
* Phil Noto (Angel & Faith, X-23).
“Kelly Sue DeConnick provides further evidence of why she’s so highly rated amongst other comic book professionals with [Ghost], a story that I struggle to classify, despite enjoying what I’ve read so far.” —Comic Bastards
* ". . . it goes without saying that Aragones' art is wonderful. He hasn't lost a step over the years, and may even be doing the best work of his career here . . . " ComicsBulletin.com
* "Commemorating his 25th anniversary, Groo stands tall as a comic icon, and if you've never followed the character before, now is a good time to jump on!" Wizard Magazine
Halo®—one of the most iconic video game franchises in history—comes to Dark Horse!
Before she was a supersolider defending humanity as part of the Spartan-IV program, Sarah Palmer was an ODST—Orbital Drop Shock Trooper—carrying out the most dangerous missions behind enemy lines!
Join her on her dramatic journey from the ranks of humanity’s toughest leathernecks to the highest echelon of elite warriors in the galaxy. Collects the three-issue miniseries.
* A new era of Halo® comics begins at Dark Horse!
* The Halo franchise has sales eclipsing $3 billion over its lifetime!
* From one of the writers on Halo 4—comics veteran Brian Reed!
In a nightmarish world, the Human finds himself at a crossroads as wild adventure ensues and he's thrust into a morphing landscape of rolling hills, dense forest, and an ominous Crimson City. Chased by a crazed mob and mysterious characters neither friend nor foe, the Human takes an unexpected journey that will lead to his salvation… or damnation. Collects the four-issue miniseries.
* Inspired by the Stone Sour album House of Gold & Bones Parts 1 and 2.
* Includes variant covers by Frank Quitely, Kylz Hotz, Steve Morris, and Richard Clark.
" House of Gold and Bones #1 explores the fear of the unknown in interesting ways. Though the issue leaves a lot of unanswered questions, I look forward to reading how Taylor will develop the mystery." - Bloody Disgusting
The confusing-yet-brilliant inventor known only as Crazy Dave helps his niece, Patrice, and young adventurer Nate Timely fend off a “fun-dead” neighborhood invasion in Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon! Winner of over thirty “Game of the Year” awards, Plants vs. Zombies is now determined to shuffle onto all-ages bookshelves to tickle funny bones and thrill . . . brains.
* The first Plants vs. Zombies comic book!
* Collecting all Plants vs. Zombies digital comics into one nifty hardcover!
* Tobin and Chan take us on an original Plants vs. Zombies adventure!
* Mass Effect Volume 1 features essential developments in the Mass Effect gaming saga, plus a special behind-the-scenes section with sketches and more.
* Collects the four-issue miniseries.
* Retailers, see your order form for a special offer.
Download Mass Effect: Redemption for your iPhone/iTouch! Click here for more information!
Reporting on a commercial flight where everyone aboard lost their memories, a young journalist stumbles onto a much bigger story, the topsecret Mind Management program. Her ensuing journey involves weaponized psychics, hypnotic advertising, talking dolphins, and seemingly immortal pursuers, as she attempts to find the flight’s missing passenger, the man who was MIND MGMT’s greatest success—and its most devastating failure. But in a world where people can rewrite reality itself, can she trust anything she sees? Collects MIND MGMT #1#6.
“Matt Kindt is the man. Superb series.” —Junot Diaz, Pulitzer Prizewinning author
• Look for brand-new stories by Evan Dorkin in upcoming Dark Horse Presents issues!
• "Evan's calcium-rich creations are guaranteed to spread lactose intolerance everywhere."—David Mazzucchelli (Asterios Polyp, Batman: Year One)
Future volumes will include material not previously collected along with the consecutively numbered Marvel run: the comics adaptation of Return of the Jedi, material from Marvel UK, the Droids and Ewoks series, and other rare Star Wars comics.
Fearsome Sith Lord Darth Maul, rescued and restored after surviving his confrontation with Obi-Wan Kenobi in The Phantom Menace, wreaks havoc through the galaxy with his brother Savage Opress!
When the brothers’ murderous rampage is interrupted by a bounty placed on their heads by Ja’Boag, the duo decides to target him—only to be met by a team of Jedi and Ja’Boag’s own private army! Collects the four-issue miniseries.
* Darth Maul vs. the galaxy!
* Danger and the dark side!
* With the release of Episode I in 3-D, rediscover the great Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn!
Rising stars Zack Whedon and Andy MacDonald deliver explosive action in both the future and the past in this inspired reimagining of The Terminator. This volume collects The Terminator: 2029 #1–#3 and The Terminator: 1984 #1–#3.
• "Reese's gang of survivors is a likeable, hardened bunch who cracks wise in the ruin. Furthermore, Kyle's anecdote about the Terminators' sheer resilience is creepy and evocative."—io9.com
In The Art of BioShock Infinite, delve deeper into the city of Columbia—the fabled floating metropolis that serves as a beacon of technology and achievement for the early 1900s! This deluxe hardcover features production designs and concept illustrations focusing on main characters Booker DeWitt, Elizabeth, and Songbird from the BioShock Infinite video game. See the evolution of Sky-Hooks, Heavy Hitters, the populace of Columbia, Vigors, airships, and much more!
* BioShock Infinite won over 75 video game awards, including Best Original Game and Best of Show!
* Introduction by creative director Ken Levine.
In this first volume of Brian Wood’s new, sprawling postapocalyptic epic, follow the crew of the Kapital from the flooded remnants of Hong Kong to Unalaska, with stops in Antarctica and Mogadishu, as post-Crash ethics and economics are explored across a broken world. Collecting issues #1–#6 of the series, plus three eight page stories from Dark Horse Presents.
* From New York Times best-selling author Brian Wood!
“I can’t wait to see more of The Massive.”—iFanboy
Return to the world of Avatar!
This handsome hardcover contains hundreds of pieces of never-before-seen artwork created during the development of Season 1 of The Legend of Korra. With captions from Mike and Bryan throughout, this is an intimate look inside the creative process that brought the mystical world of bending and a new generation of heroes to life!
* Captions bycreators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko!
* Follow-up to smash hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender!
* Never-before-seen artwork!
• "Writer Kurt Busiek treats him with the dignified respect due one of the towering figures in fantasy literature ... it feels like historians unearthed a vibrant, bloody tapestry. These are, once again, the days of high adventure."-Entertainment Weekly
From Adam Warren-writer/artist of the English-language Dirty Pair comics (the original "Original English-Language Manga" before OEL was cool), and writer of Livewires, Gen13, and Iron Man: Hypervelocity-comes Empowered, a butt-kicking, bootylicious superhero lampoon that raises the bar for long-john lust and low-brow laughs. Remove all previous notions of superhero entertainment from your puny mind . . . and prepare to be Empowered!
* Adam Warren's work on The Dirty Pair is well-known to U.S. comics readers.
* Warren's skill as a writer has brought him a variety of high-profile assignments in recent years from Wildstorm, DC, and Marvel.
For Mature Readers.
These seven children form the Umbrella Academy, a dysfunctional family of superheroes with bizarre powers. Their first adventure at the age of ten pits them against an erratic and deadly Eiffel Tower, piloted by the fearsome zombie-robot Gustave Eiffel. Nearly a decade later, the team disbands, but when Hargreeves unexpectedly dies, these disgruntled siblings reunite just in time to save the world once again.
• This volume collects the first six-issue series, as well as out-of-print short stories and an expanded sketchbook section featuring work by Gabriel Bá, James Jean, and Gerard Way.
• "Flawless...stylish, imaginative."—Newsarama
• Listed as one of the Top Ten Great Graphic Novels for Teens by the Young Adult Library Service Association (YALSA).
• Amazon.com's #1 Graphic Novel of 2008!
• A New York Times bestseller!
Created by five-year-old Malachai Nicolle and illustrated by his older brother, the cartoonist Ethan Nicolle, Axe Cop Volume 1 collects the entire original run of the hit webcomic that has captured the world's attention with its insanely imaginative adventures. Whether he's fighting gun-toting dinosaurs, teaming up with Ninja Moon Warriors, or answering readers' questions via his insightful advice column, "Ask Axe Cop," the adventures of Axe Cop and his incomparable team of crime fighters will delight and perplex even the most stoic of readers.
• Axe Cop debuted in January 2010 to glowing reviews from Entertainment Weekly, Wired, and dozens of other newspapers and magazines.
• Comics website Newsarama said, "Axe Cop wins the award for best comic ever!"
* Paramount Pictures and Brad Pitt's Plan B have acquired Miki Falls, a four-volume manga series created by Mark Crilley.
* Crilley is best known for his Akiko young-adult novels and comic books.
From the creator of the Eisner-nominated Akiko!
Gather up your wooden stakes, your blood-covered hatchets, and all the skeletons in the darkest depths of your closet, and prepare for a horrifying adventure into the darkest corners of comics history. Dark Horse Comics further corners the market on high quality horror storytelling with one of the most anticipated releases of the decade, a hardcover archive collection of legendary Creepy Magazine.
This groundbreaking material turned the world of graphic storytelling on its head in the early 1960s, as phenomenal young artists like Bernie Wrightson and Neal Adams reached new artistic heights with their fascinating explorations of classic and modern horror stories.
*Brilliant, classic Creepy stories from 1964-1966 raised from the dead after twenty-five years.
*Featuring work by such comics luminaries as Joe Orlando, Al Williamson, Alex Toth, and Frank Frazetta.
* Archive editions of Creepy will be the cornerstone of any comic-book library.
*Volume One reprints the first five terrifying issues of the magazine’s original run, reprinted in the original magazine size!
* Story by David Gaider, lead writer of the Dragon Age games and novels!
* Collecting Dragon Age #1–#6!
12,090 A.D. It is a dark time for the world. Humanity is just crawling out from under three hundred years of domination by the race of vampires known as the Nobility. The war against the vampires has taken its toll; cities lie in ruin, the countryside is fragmented into small villages and fiefdoms that still struggle against nightly raids by the fallen vampires-and the remnants of their genetically manufactured demons and werewolves.
Every village wants a Hunter-one of the warriors who have pledged their laser guns and their swords to the eradication of the Nobility. But some Hunters are better than others, and some bring their own kind of danger with them...
From creator Hideyuki Kikuchi, one of Japan's leading horror authors with illustrations by renowned Japanese artist, Yoshitaka Amano, best known for his illustrations in Neil Gaiman's Sandman: The Dream Hunters and the Final Fantasy games.
* One of the most popular science-fiction/action franchises, spawning countless films, games, comics, and toys over three decades.
* Aliens vs. Predator: Three World War is the biggest action blowout yet, written by original AvP scribe Randy Stradley and illustrated by Rick Leonardi and Mark Pennington.
* Collects issues #1-#6 of the miniseries.
The hunt resumes as Dark Horse Books unleashes Predator once again into the graphic-fiction jungle. Features the creative team of writer John Arcudi (Aliens, B.P.R.D., Doom Patrol) and artist Javier Saltares (Aliens vs. Predator, Ghost Rider).
* Collects the hit 2009 Predator miniseries.
When a Boeing 777 lands at JFK International Airport and goes dark on the runway, the Centers for Disease Control, fearing a terrorist attack, calls in Dr. Ephraim Goodweather and his team of expert biological-threat first responders. Only an elderly pawnbroker from Spanish Harlem suspects a darker purpose behind the event—an ancient threat intent on covering mankind in darkness. Collects issues #1-#6 of the ongoing series.
“This is one of the scariest comics on the stands, as genuine surprises await the reader at every turn of the page. Usually, such big reveals are left to the final moment, but with The Strain there’s almost a cliffhanger every few pages and that makes this series a truly surprising, and enjoyable, read.” —Broken Frontier
For years, fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra have burned with one questionÑwhat happened to Fire Lord ZukoÕs mother? Finding a clue at last, Zuko enlists the aid of Team AvatarÑand the most unlikely ally of allÑto help uncover the biggest secret of his life.
* This is the perfect companion to The Legend of Korra!
* The official continuation of Airbender from its creators!
* Avatar: The Last AirbenderÑThe Promise soared to the top of sales charts!
" ... Hellboy is a brilliant example of how to elevate the comic of the future to a higher literary level while achieving a higher pitch of excitement."
--Robert Bloch, from his introduction
Here begins the tale of the dawn of the Jedi, the Star Wars of 25,000 years ago—before lightsabers, before hyperspace travel, before the Jedi spread throughout the galaxy, when connections to the Force were new.
On the planet Tython, a group of beings—scientists, philosophers, and warriors—strive to maintain peace and to balance the mystifying power known as the Force. But a stranger is coming, one who will disrupt the balance with his arrival and his own connection to the Force. Everything in their system is about to change . . . The doors to the galaxy have been opened! Collects Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi—Force Storm #1–#5.
Buffy creator Joss Whedon brings Buffy back to Dark Horse in this direct follow-up to Season 7 of the smash-hit TV series. The best-selling and critically acclaimed issues #1-#5 are collected here for the first time, as are their covers by Jo Chen and Georges Jeanty.
• Collects the first five issues of Season 8. Only available in comics!
• "The dialogue is Whedonesque and I can hear how the actors would read [their] lines. It's fun and witty and we're treated to more fantastical stories than the WB/UPN could ever pony up the money to do."—Comic Book Resources
• A New York Times best-selling series!
It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town. But Marv doesn't care. There's an angel in the room. She says her name is Goldie. A few hours later, Goldie's dead without a mark on her perfect body, and the cops are coming before anyone but Marv could know she's been killed. Somebody paid good money for this frame . . .
With a new look generating more excitement than ever before, this third edition is the perfect way to attract a whole new generation of readers to Frank Miller's masterpiece!
* Over a million Sin City books in print!
* New cover by Frank Miller!
* With Miller and codirector Robert Rodriguez gearing up for Sin City 2, this third edition is being released at just the right time!
* The Hard Goodbye was the lead story in the Sin City film, starring Mickey Rourke as Marv!
We were prepared for an earthquake. We had a flood plan in place. We could even have dealt with zombies. Probably.
But no one expected the end to be quite so . . . sticky . . . or strawberry scented.
Yahtzee Croshaw (Mogworld, Zero Punctuation Reviews) returns to print with a follow-up to his smash-hit debut: Jam, a dark comedy about the one apocalypse no one predicted.
* The hilarious new novel by the author of Mogworld!
* Croshaw's Zero Punctuation Reviews is the most viewed video game review on the web!
* For lovers of bizarre horror and unforgettable characters!
“[Croshaw is] able to pull off slapstick comedy in print, and that's no easy feat.” –ComicsAlliance
This volume includes the following stories:
Son for Hire, Sword for Hire
A Father Knows His Child's Heart, as Only a Child Can Know His Father's
From North to South, From East to West
Baby Cart on the River Styx
Suio School Zanbato
Waiting for the Rains
Eight Gates of Deceit
Wings to the Birds, Fangs to the Beast
The Assassin's Road
• Collects the five-issue miniseries.
• Written by The Force Unleashed's Haden Blackman!
• Art by Rick Leonardi of Aliens vs. Predator: Three World War!
Written by Janet and Alex Evanovich, and illustrated by Joëlle Jones (Dr. Horrible, Token), Troublemaker brings ultimate adventure set in sun-filled Miami!
• Janet Evanovich, the New York Times number-one best-selling author, brings her hit Barnaby series to Dark Horse Comics!
• The entire Troublemaker story collected into one affordable volume!
• “With art reminiscent of the Florida sun and writing supercharged with action, the Troublemaker graphic novel from best-selling author Evanovich and her daughter is a winner!”—RT Book Reviews
Who was Book before meeting Mal and the rest of the Serenity crew? How did he become one of their most trusted allies? And how did he find God in a bowl of soup? Answers to these and more questions about Book's past are uncovered in this original graphic novel by rising stars Zack Whedon (Dr. Horrible, Terminator, Fringe) and Chris Samnee (Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps, Daredevil). A pivotal chapter in the ongoing Serenity saga, The Shepherd's Tale is also a rollicking, action-packed epic in its own right!
• "Dark Horse's Serenity displays the key ingredients of the series in a substantial and entertaining way."—BrokenFrontier.com
The nameless man, the Zombie Priest, has come to town to build a gang from the undead. But even the undead fear the Goon, mob enforcer and protector of the downtrodden residents of Lonely Street. With Powell’s stunning artwork, The Goon’s unique mash-up of horror, mob intrigue, and the sickest sense of humor in comics is an instant classic, and this new edition is the best time ever to find out what you’ve been missing!
* New cover by Powell!