Experience with clinical cases is key to mastering the art and science of medicine and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files®: Obstetrics & Gynecology provides 60 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in obstetrics and gynecology. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key concepts, definitions of key terms, clinical pearls, and USMLE®-style review questions to reinforce your learning. With Case Files®, you’ll learn instead of memorize.
· Learn from 60 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions
· Master key concepts with clinical pearls
· Cement your knowledge with 25 new integrated challenge questions
· Polish your approach to clinical problem solving and to patient care
· Perfect for medical students, physician assistant students, nurse midwife and nurse practitioner students
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Williams Gynecology, Third Edition is specifically designed as a practical quick-reference guide for practicing gynecologists and residents, but it will also appeal to clerkship medical students, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Williams Gynecology provides comprehensive coverage of the full spectrum of gynecologic healthcare and disease management, including benign general gynecology; reproductive endocrinology, infertility, and menopause; female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery; and gynecologic oncology. The surgical management sections include Aspects of Gynecologic Surgery and Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery, which covers Surgeries of Benign Gynecologic Conditions, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Surgeries for Female Pelvic Reconstruction, and Surgeries for Gynecologic Malignancies.
Williams Gynecology, Third Edition is beautifully illustrated, with hundreds of original drawings for both the surgical atlas and medical reference portions. Each chapter follows a practical template for a consistent approach to diagnosis and treatment. With its extensive use of treatment algorithms, differential diagnosis boxes, and other elements, this book is also a reliable quick-reference. The third edition has been revised to keep up with new and expanded content on the latest topics, including minimally invasive procedures, benign gynecology, and the subspecialties of urogynecology, gynecologic oncology, and reproductive endocrinology. The authors are internationally known practitioners affiliated with Parkland Memorial Hospital/University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, and the National Institutes for Health.
• Two resources in one—full-color medical text and surgical atlas—conveniently surveys the entire spectrum of gynecologic disease, including general gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
• Completely illustrated atlas of gynecologic surgery contains over 450 full color figures that illuminate operative techniques
• Unique templated text design ensures a consistent approach to diagnosis and treatment
• Strong procedure orientation covers a vast array of surgical operations, which are illustrated in detail
• Evidence-based discussion of disease evaluation reinforces and supports the clinical relevance of the book’s diagnostic and treatment methods
• Distinguished authorship team from the same Parkland Memorial Hospital ObGyn department responsible for Williams Obstetrics—the leading reference in obstetrics for more than a century
• Heavily illustrated gynecologic anatomy chapter created with the surgeon in mind to emphasize critical anatomy for successful surgery
• New artist drawings of minimally invasive procedures, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
• Numerous illustrations, photographs, tables, and treatment algorithms
Examination Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 3rd Edition is a rapid reference appropriate for daily use in a busy hospital ward, clinic or medical surgery.
This practical exam guide is designed for medical graduates who have undertaken general hospital training and wish to commence postgraduate studies in obstetrics and gynaecology, including specialist trainees and General Practitioners.
Examination Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 3rd Edition will also be a useful text for medical undergraduates, midwives and midwifery students.
This latest edition is fully revised and updated and provides a summary of important and essential information key to women’s health.
The text builds upon resources developed during the authors’ specialist training for Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) qualifications, then refined by practical clinical experience.
Examination Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 3rd Edition is organised in a convenient note and checklist format. It utilises a step-by-step guide to diagnosis, investigations and suggested treatments appropriate for primary consultation prior to specialist referral.• refreshed pedagogy and design