Your personal guide to unlocking the natural healing power of herbs
Put your health in your own hands with time-tested treatments. From the creators of the New York Times bestseller Essential Oils for Beginners, The Practical Herbal Medicine Handbook offers basic techniques and effective herbal treatments for everyday ailments, wellness, and beauty.
• More than 100 everyday herbal remedies to treat common ailments such as headaches, bruises, and leg cramps
• Step by step techniques for buying, making, and growing herbal medicine
• Discover the 44 most common and effective healing herbs with the A-Z apothecary
• Reduce stress, soothe insomnia, and enhance your memory naturally with herbal remedies for your mental health and well-being
The Practical Herbal Medicine Handbook provides a natural path to feeling better and improving your overall sense of wellness.
• 10 helpful tips for blending essential oils correctly and safely
• Advice for where to buy the best essential oils, and how to store your collection
• Information on the benefits of essential oils and aromatherapy
Using Essential Oils for Beginners, you can start living a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle right away through the power of essential oils.
More than 200 color illustrations, accompanied by detailed descriptions, will help you recognize edible plants such as nettles, daylilies, panic grass, and tearthumbs. For decades, Musselman and Wiggins have taught courses on how to prepare local plants, and their field-to-table recipes require only a few easily found ingredients. They offer instructions for making garlic powder out of field garlic and turning acorns into flour for Rappahannock Acorn Cakes. To toast your new skill, they even include recipes for cordials.
The Quick Guide to Wild Edible Plants is a great gift for the beginning naturalist or the perfect addition to every serious foragerâ€™s library.-- Jane Manaster