1. The President and the King—Key Messages of the Book
2. The Energy Revolutions—A Primer
Geopolitics in Flux—The Players
3. Choices—Scenarios, and the Choice the Powers Confront
4. Rough Seas Ahead—The Great Powers' Search for Energy Security
Globalization and Complexity—The Problems
5. Transition in the Gulf
6. The Turbulent Middle
7. Fragile States
8. The Russian Problem
9. Connections—from Pipelines to Politics
10. An Emerging System of Global Energy Governance
11. Leadership Choices
In this edited volume, experts from across Europe and North America – including advisors to the executive and legislative branches of both the EU and the United States, to senior military commanders, and to major international organizations and companies – examine the most salient facets of the transatlantic energy relationship and discern whether that relationship is characterized by growing convergence or divergence.
This book was based on a special issue of the Journal of Transatlantic Studies.