How to Raise Children for Christ: A Guide for Excellent Christian Parenting
This book is different from most books on raising children. It is a plea for the parents to truly know and walk with God – for them to love God and His Word. In the correct order, focusing first on the parents, Andrew Murray then urges parents to sincerely and consistently love their children and in all tenderness and gentleness teach them as God also teaches us.
Children are a most precious gift that we receive from God, and they deserve our very best. Our faithful training will not be lost on our children; this is a promise found over and over again in the Scriptures. If our hearts are right towards God and our children, the world's influence will not impact our children. We can and must exercise faith, so our children and our children's children will be able to impact the world for Christ and inherit eternal blessings.
A few of the parenting topics covered in this book:
· * What sin did to the family and how to redeem that which was lost.
· * The distinct and also shared roles of fathers and mothers.
· * How and why to teach children manners.
· * How to show children the Scriptures in a way that takes root in the heart.
· * How to teach with a quiet, gentle spirit, as God teaches us.
· * How to intercede effectively in prayer for our children.
About the author
Andrew Murray (1828-1917) was a well-known South African writer, teacher, and pastor. More than 2 million copies of his books have been sold, and his name is mentioned among the other great leaders of the past such as Charles Spurgeon, T. Austin-Sparks, George Muller, D.L. Moody, and more.