Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Excel 2016
Beyond the Basics…Beneath the Surface...In Depth
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Excel? Don’t let Excel 2016 make you feel like a beginner again! This new full-color edition of the bestselling book has been completely overhauled. Gone is unnecessary and rarely used content; emphasis is on the most-used and new aspects of Excel 2016. The result is a focused book where every topic is relevant and worth learning. Excel 2016 In Depth is the fastest, smartest way to master Excel 2016’s full power and updated interface. You’ll discover how to leverage Excel’s new tools for charting, business analysis, data visualization, forecasting, and more.
• Quickly clean your data with Excel 2016’s powerful Get & Transform tools
• Discover Excel 2016’s newest charts: waterfall, histogram, Pareto, sunburst, TreeMap, and Box and Whisker
• Use Forecast Sheets to forecast the future, including seasonal adjustments
• Pivot data on maps with 3D Maps, and animate your maps over time
• Create formulas, charts, subtotals, and pivot tables faster than ever
• Create amazing PowerPivot data mashups that integrate information from anywhere
• Automate repetitive functions using Excel macros
• Solve real-world business intelligence analysis problems
• Use PowerPivot Data Model to create pivot tables from multiple data sets without VLOOKUP
• Share workbooks on the Web and social networks
• Leverage Excel to create highly interactive web pages and online surveys
• Quickly apply attractive, consistent formats
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
Use Excel 2019 pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes instead of hours, to take control of your data and your business. Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their remarkable flexibility and analytical power–including valuable improvements in Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365. Drawing on more than 45 combined years of Excel experience, Bill Jelen and Michael Alexander offer practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, help you avoid common mistakes, and present tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else.
By reading this book, you will:
• Master easy, powerful ways to create, customize, change, and control pivot tables
• Control all future pivot tables using new pivot table defaults
• Transform huge data sets into clear summary reports
• Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
• Use Power Query to quickly import, clean, shape, and analyze disparate data sources
• Build geographical pivot tables with 3D Map
• Construct and share state-of-the-art dynamic dashboards
• Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fields
• Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
• Share your pivot tables with colleagues
• Create data mashups using the full Power Pivot capabilities of Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365
• Automate pivot tables with macros and VBA
• Save time by adapting reports with GetPivotData
• Discover today’s most useful pivot table tips and shortcuts
Use Microsoft’s free PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2010 to analyze immense amounts of data from any source, perform state-of-the-art business analysis far more easily, and make better decisions in less time!
Simple, step-by-step instructions walk you through installing PowerPivot, importing data, using PivotTables with PowerPivot, using super-powerful DAX functions and measures, reporting to print or SharePoint, and a whole lot more.
Whatever your Excel data analysis experience, this book will help you use PowerPivot to get the right answers, right now—without IT’s help!Import and integrate data from spreadsheets, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, text files, Atom data feeds, and other sources Analyze multiple tables together, without complicated VLOOKUPs Format, sort, and filter data in the PowerPivot window Add calculated columns using new DAX functions Create powerful reports from PowerPivot data—and format them so executives instantly get your point Discover PivotTable tricks that work even better in PowerPivot Control multiple PivotTable elements on one worksheet, with one set of Excel 2010 Slicers Use DAX Measures to quickly perform tasks that were difficult or impossible with Calculated Fields Compare today’s sales to yesterday’s–or to sales from the parallel period last fiscal year. Use Named Sets to prepare asymmetric reports, show actuals for past months and plan for future months.
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with Microsoft Excel 2019. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and detailed screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
Quickly set up workbooks, enter data, and format it for easier viewing Perform calculations and find and correct errors Create sophisticated forecast worksheets, key performance indicators (KPIs), and timelines Visualize data with 3D maps, funnel charts, and other powerful tools Import, process, summarize, and analyze huge datasets with Excel’s improved PowerPivot and Power Query Build powerful data models and use them in business intelligence Look up just the tasks and lessons you need
Here's WHAT you'll learn:Manage your financial data and personal expenses Get started quickly with prebuilt templates Create formulas and functions to do the hard work Sort, filter, update, and copy your data Use charts and graphics to bring data to life Collaborate with colleagues by sharing spreadsheets online
Here's HOW you'll learn it:Jump in whenever you need answers Easy-to-follow STEPS and SCREENSHOTS show exactly what to do Handy TIPS teach new techniques and shortcuts Quick TRY THIS! exercises help apply what you learn right away
This book reveals data visualization techniques you won’t find anywhere else and shows you how to use Excel 2013 to create designer-quality charts and graphs that stand out from the crowd. It will help you make the most of new features ranging from Power View to Recommended Charts, and instantly share your insights with anyone, anywhere–even on the Web and social networks.
Learning advanced Excel techniques has never been easier. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world
examples and case studies, and more than a dozen YouTube videos, straight from MrExcel!
• Create stunning data visualizations instantly with Excel 2013’s new Recommended Charts
• Use charts to instantly reveal trends, differences, and relationships
• Map your data with Excel 2013, MapPoint, and the new GeoFlow add-in
• Quickly generate combo charts that once required complex, frustrating procedures
• Use sparklines to imbue worksheets with more context and insight
• Highlight and clarify the meaning of data with DataBars, color scales, icon sets, and other conditional formatting tools
• Post charts to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, directly from Excel
• Build stock charts that help you make smarter investments
• Solve “non-standard” problems such as noncontiguous data or custom data sequences
• Generate new charts automatically with Excel VBA
• Uncover visual tricks that people use to lie with Excel
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make