C.A.E. Luschnig is Professor Emerita of Classics, University of Idaho.
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
Users can now take advantage of the many improvements made to the book's website, www.BillMounce.com, where they will find--for free--an online course that walks students through every chapter, vocabulary flashcards, video and audio helps, Greek fonts, quizzes for each chapter, fun songs and games, and much more.
Now in a larger size, with an attractive 2-color design, the third edition adds an element of fun, with encouragement, songs, and more, which appear in the margins. Chapter 35 has been split into two chapters, "half-time review" sections have been added to every chapter, and new exegesis sections are now included. These and other improvements serve to enhance the learning experience and will continue BBG's legacy as the premier introduction to biblical Greek.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life
The fourth edition of From Alpha to Omega retains all the features that have made it a best-selling introductory Greek textbook, many of them improved or expanded:Balanced, evenly-paced lessons to accommodate various academic schedules Brief readings from Ancient Greek authors Efficient translation exercises Succinct, instructive vocabulary lists Glossary containing all vocabulary words from lessons and readings, both Greek-to-English, and English-to-Greek
Online exercises, audio recordings, video tutorials, and more accompany each chapter at courses.pullins.com.
An Ancillary Exercise Workbook and a Greek Reader are also available.