- Auditing cases in every chapter offer realistic experience with auditing coded reports.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) Audit Forms , developed to determine the correct E/M codes, simplify the coding process and help you ensure accuracy.
- Dual Coding prepares you for the switch to ICD-10 by accompanying all ICD-9 answers with corresponding codes from ICD-10-CM.
- Realistic patient cases simulate the professional coding experience by using actual medical records (with personal patient details changed or removed), allowing you to practice coding with advanced material.
- UNIQUE! Netter anatomy plates in each chapter help you understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- From the Trenches boxes in each chapter highlight real-life medical coders and provide practical tips, advice, and encouragement.
- More than 175 illustrations and a full-color design make advanced concepts more accessible and visually engaging.
- Stronger focus on auditing cases prepares you to assign correct codes to complicated records, as well as audit records for accuracy.
- Updated content presents the latest coding information so you can practice with the most current information available.