The day I meet Chris is like any other day. I’ve been kicked out of yet another foster home. The moment I see the piercing in his lip and the tattoos on his smooth skin, I know I won’t last long here.
I’ve never been so happy to be so wrong.
With a patience I’ve never known in my short, tumultuous life, Chris and his mother show me it’s possible to trust again. And when no one’s looking, Chris shows me it’s possible to feel loved.
Unfortunately, he’s my foster brother. I can be kicked out of the only home I’ve ever known if anyone finds out about us.
But these are the least of my worries when Chris is offered a record deal. I know he won’t take it unless I force him to.
I have to do the unthinkable. I have to do it for him.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo loves her coffee, chocolate, and margaritas with salt. When she’s not writing, she spends way too much time watching old reruns of Friends and Sex and the City. When she’s not watching reruns, she’s usually enjoying the California sunshine or reading – sometimes both.
The author recommends the following reading order:
SHATTERED HEARTS SERIES
- Forever Ours (Shattered Hearts #1)
- Relentless (Shattered Hearts #2)
- Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts #3)
- Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts #4)
- Chasing Abby (Shattered Hearts #6)
- Abandon (Shattered Hearts #5) (a spin-off)
- Ripped (Shattered Hearts #7) (a spin-off)
THE STORY OF US SERIES
- The Way We Fall (The Story of Us #1)
- The Way We Break (The Story of Us #2)
- The Way We Rise (The Story of Us #3)
- To Portland, With Love (The Story of Us #3.5) (a novella)
- Unzipped (Luke: Parts 1-3)
- Password (Luke: Part 4)
- Timeout (Luke: Part 5)
- Hunting Luke (Luke: Part 5.5)
- Trust In Me (Luke: Part 6)
- Decode (Luke: Part 7)