Written by Eileen A. Scallen and Glen Weissenberger, two of the nation's most respected evidence scholars, California Evidence Courtroom Manual incorporates complete coverage of the California Evidence Code and California evidence case law.
Complete text of the California Evidence Code
Summaries of the current status of California law on each evidentiary issue
Recent significant cases
Quick California Evidence Update — a summary of Evidence Code amendments and significant California case law for easy reference
Authoritative commentary and pointers for applying the law of evidence in actual practice
Analyses of current trends and new developments
Comprehensive chart comparing the California Evidence Code to the Federal Rules of Evidence
Ervin Gonzalez, an outstanding, nationally recognized trial attorney, generously shares his valuable practice strategies and guidance in this thorough, easily digestible manual.
Highlights of this edition include recent rule amendments addressing:
• case management conference requirements;
• electronic filing of pleadings;
• electronic service of pleadings and documents; and
• computation of time.
Additionally, new articles and case law are discussed addressing issues such as:
• disqualification of judges;
• discovery of electronically stored information and privileged information;
• remedies for failure to comply with discovery orders;
• motions for summary judgment and responses thereto; and
• exceptions to the right of voluntary dismissal.
Written by Walker Blakey and Glen Weissenberger, two widely respected evidence scholars, North Carolina Evidence Courtroom Manual provides quick, authoritative information for evidence questions arising in the course of trials and hearings.
• Complete coverage of the North Carolina Rules of Evidence
• Summaries of recent significant North Carolina cases interpreting each section
• Illustrations demonstrating the proper handling of evidentiary issues
• In-depth analysis of current issues, trends, and new developments in the law of evidence
• Complete tables of leading cases
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options