Bridging the gap between research, theory and practice, these methods can be used by coaches, sport scientists and fitness coaches to assess and improve:
- styles of play, technical ability and physical fitness
- objective performance feedback to players
- the development of specific training routines
- use of available notation software, video analysis and manual systems
- understanding of current academic research in soccer notational analysis.
This is the first book to focus exclusively on football, and is based on the authors' extensive experience in academic and professional match analysis.