Alluring and dangerous, the Hawk of Inverfyre came to rest at my father's house, his motives unknown. His seduction was breathtaking. I resisted him, this enigmatic warrior, but his kiss transported me to a time and place where his relentless pursuit and my passionate surrender made perfect sense.
'Twas then I erred. My defenses harried, I was tricked into marriage by the Hawk and taken by force to his lawless castle. I have vowed to flee: the grounds abound with rogues and whores, and the servants whisper of murdered wives. And yet, his dizzying touch hints that we have lived here before—he as the castle's intrepid founder and I as his betrayed lover.
Am I the bride who will break the spell of Inverfyre? Or have I been captured by a scheming sorcerer, only to be ravished and discarded like so many before?
—Lady Aileen of Abernye
* * *
Claire has written numerous books featuring the Lammergeier family and set in her fictional medieval Scottish realm of Ravensmuir, Kinfairlie and Ravensmuir. You can read all the books in order, or read each series in order.
A. The Rogues of Ravensmuir
The first trilogy. It all begins with Merlyn at Ravensmuir...
1. The Rogue - Merlyn and Ysabella's second chance romance
2. The Scoundrel - Gawain (Merlyn's brother) and Evangeline's mistaken identity/disguise romance.
3. The Warrior - Michael (the Hawk of Inverfyre and son of Gawain and Evangeline) and Aileen's marriage of convenience and second chance romance
B. The Jewels of Kinfairlie
This series tells the stories of the children of Roland, the younger son of Merlyn and Ysabella. There are eight children, and they appear briefly at the end of The Warrior.
1. The Beauty Bride - Madeline and Rhys' marriage of (in)convenience romance
2. The Rose Red Bride - Vivienne and Erik's mistaken identity and marriage of (in)convenience romance
3. The Snow White Bride - Alexander and Eleanor's marriage of convenience Christmas romance
4. The Ballad of Rosamunde - a short story featuring Rosamunde (the pirate queen) and Padraig and a friends-to-lovers romance.
The True Love Brides
This series follows the next four siblings and features a battle against the Fae for the hearts of those from Kinfairlie.
1. The Renegade's Heart - Isabella and Murdoch's forbidden love and protector romance
2. The Highlander's Curse - Annelise and Garrett's outcast and protector romance
3. The Frost Maiden's Kiss - Malcolm and Catriona's protector and marriage of convenience romance
4. The Warrior's Prize - Elizabeth and Rafael's protector, forbidden love, and outcast romance
The Brides of Inverfyre
This series (in progress) takes us into the Highlands to Inverfyre for the story of Ross, the eighth sibling, as well as the stories of the children of the Hawk and Aileen.
1. The Mercenary's Bride - Mhairi and Quentin's second chance Christmas romance
2. The Runaway Bride - Ross and Aiofe's runaway bride, protector and forbidden love romance.
* * *
rogue, medieval, second chance, intrigue, highlands, protector, gothic, reincarnation, arranged marriage, class war, cat and mouse, protector, knight, warrior, bride
About the author
Deborah Cooke sold her first book in 1992, a medieval romance called The Romance of the Rose published under her pseudonym Claire Delacroix. Since then, she has published over seventy novels in a wide variety of sub-genres, including historical romance, contemporary romance, paranormal romance, fantasy romance, time-travel romance, women’s fiction, paranormal young adult and fantasy with romantic elements. She has published under the names Claire Delacroix, Claire Cross and Deborah Cooke. The Beauty, part of her successful Bride Quest series of historical romances, was her first title to land on the New York Times List of Bestselling Books. Her books routinely appear on other bestseller lists and have won numerous awards. In 2009, she was the writer-in-residence at the Toronto Public Library, the first time the library has hosted a residency focused on the romance genre. In 2012, she was honored to receive the Romance Writers of America’s Mentor of the Year Award.
Currently, she writes the Dragonfire series of paranormal romances featuring dragon shape shifter heroes under the name Deborah Cooke. She also is writing the True Love Brides series of medieval romances as Claire Delacroix, which continues the story of the family introduced in her popular title The Beauty Bride. Deborah lives in Canada with her husband and family, as well as far too many unfinished knitting projects.