** The best digital companion for study and travel **
Do you want to speak Spanish? This book will help you to understand and express the basics quickly and effectively.
Designed and written for electronic devices, the SPANISH PHRASE BOOK is a reliable, easy-to-use resource for anyone who needs Spanish for work or travel.
Perhaps you can already ‘get by’ in Spanish, but want to know more? This book will let you expand your knowledge, focusing on a wide range of situations, including:
Meeting people | General conversation | Numbers & measurements | Sight-seeing | Entertainment | Travel | Hotels & accommodation | Driving | Health: illness, doctors and medicines | Emergencies | Shopping | Food & drink (lots of this!) | Business | Jobs | Education | Communications | Bank & money | Police & crime | Technology | The weather | Sports & hobbies | Time, date, year | Special days & celebrations | Family life | Pets | Describing people | Emotions | Religion
For those who simply want to be able to communicate in Spanish when visiting a Spanish-speaking country, this book is the perfect start. Are you sick of pointing to things when you want to buy them? Now you don’t have to!
And if you’re a beginner, the simple pronunciation guide to every word and phrase means that learning to speak Spanish can be a quick and straightforward process.
With all these topics at your fingertips, you will be able to:
- Conduct essential conversations
- Share and request important information
- Read menus and other information and order exactly what you want
- Ask advice and get the best out of your vacation
- Take control of your vacation or business trip
~ * ~
Whatever your needs, this phrase book is an incredibly useful way to carry the basics around with you. Ideal for quick access, it contains over 1,500 of the most useful phrases in the Spanish language, arranged in practical, everyday topics. Each phrase is translated into Spanish, and is accompanied by a simple transcription for pronunciation, allowing you to pronounce the phrase correctly, every time.
Whether you are traveling for business or learning Spanish for pleasure, Clic-book’s new SPANISH PHRASE BOOK will become your best digital companion.
Full list of contents:
1. PHRASE BOOK. Fifty-seven sections, arranged by topic, to introduce you to all the essential phrases you will need to communicate in Spanish. Each phrase comes in English, Spanish, and in an easy-to-read pronunciation format (using normal letters, not phonetic symbols).
2. PRONUNCIATION TIPS AND GRAMMAR. Some basic information to help you use the phrase book and dictionary, including an explanation of the pronunciation of Spanish, and the transcriptions used in this book.
3. DICTIONARY. A 5000-word English-to-Spanish mini dictionary to provide you with easy access to all the most useful vocabulary.
4. 100 ‘clickable’ tests. Arranged by topic, these randomised quizzes let you test your knowledge of the most common phrases and words in the book. A great way to revise and expand your understanding and recall of Spanish.
5. 60 PROMPT CARDS. Download the PDFs of sixty single-sheet prompt cards, each one on a specific topic. Each card contains the most essential vocabulary and phrases for a specific situation. They are designed so that you can have them in your hand for immediate prompts.
British spelling is used throughout, although for some technical and scientific words the more common international/American spellings have been used. We hope you enjoy the book, and that it proves helpful to you, whether on vacation, business, or if you are learning Spanish for pleasure.
¡Buena suerte! (good luck!)
Clic-books Digital Media publishes digital materials for language learning.
Find us on the www!
Easy Spanish Step by Step proves that a solid grounding in grammar basics is the key to mastering a second language. Grammatical rules and concepts are clearly explained in order of importance, and more than 300 verbs and key terms are introduced on the basis of frequency. Numerous exercises and engaging readings help learners quickly build their Spanish speaking and comprehension prowess.