The arrival of the new Nexus 7 Google tablet is eagerly awaited,thanks to its cutting-edge software, top-notch hardware,unprecedented abilities, and nine-hour battery life. Thiseasy-to-understand, engaging guide covers everything you needto know about this amazing Android tablet. Bestselling Dummiesauthor Dan Gookin uses his friendly writing style to deliver clearinstructions for setting up, navigating, and using the device.You'll learn to use all your favorite Google applications that comeloaded on the device, personalize it, and much more.
Nexus 7 For Dummies is an essential companion to yourother new companion: the Nexus 7!
Whether you’re child is a newborn, a teen, or somewherein-between, Parenting For Dummies gives you the scoop onparenting basics. From dealing with a crying baby and pottytraining, to building self-esteem and talking with them about sex,it offers a gold mine of up-to-date advice and guidance on howto:Learn to communicate with your kidsDevelop a good relationship with your kidsKeep your kids safe and healthyHelp your kids grow up to be good peopleKeep your cool and control their behaviorDiscipline constructively and with a minimum of stressBuild self-esteem in your childrenAvoid committing the parenting sins your parents taughtyou
Experts Sandy and Dan Gookin—she’s the parentingexpert for Parents Magazine and Working MotherMagazine and he’s a father of four—avoid thepsychological hype and medical terminology and give you thestraight poop on all aspects of child-rearing, including:Speaking and listening to kidsThe importance of being consistentKeeping a sense of humorDealing with babiesChildhood growth and developmentHealth and nutritionKids’ changing physical needsDeveloping a good person
Written by parents for parents, Parenting For Dummiesgives you the know-how and skills you need to be the parent ofhealthy, happy kids.
Here's a plain-speaking reference guide to all the command-linestuff and nonsense that makes DOS work, whether you're a native DOSuser or are an occasional dabbler who needs the operating system torun all those cool games under Windows.
DOS For Dummies, 3rd Edition, avoids all the technicaljargon to cut to the heart of things with clear, easy-to-understandexplanations and step-by-step help forChanging disks and drivesDealing with the DOS promptManaging filesRunning DOS inside WindowsInstalling and running DOS-based software programsWorking with the printer and serial portsUsing the mouse and keyboardTroubleshooting problemsUnderstanding DOS error messages
All the basic DOS commands, from APPEND to XCOPY, aredemystified to make life in DOS much more bearable. This handyguide has plenty of helpful tips and tricks for bending DOS to yourwill, without having to dedicate your life (and all your free time)to mastering this little corner of the PC.
Author Dan Gookin's first edition of DOS For Dummiesbecame an international best-seller. He considers himself acomputer "guru" whose job it is to remind everyone that computersare not to be taken too seriously. His approach to computers islight and humorous, yet very informative. Gookin mixes hisknowledge of computers with a unique, dry sense of humor that keepsyou informed – and awake.
A vast improvement over the original Galaxy Tab, the 10.1 usesthe latest version of the Android operating system and is a 4G LTEmobile device. These upgrades—along with many others,including the better screen quality, better web browsing withFlash, and better multitasking capabilities—are all coveredin this fun and friendly guide to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.Everything from how-to topics to the most useful features tohelpful tricks and techniques, this practical guide shows you howto get the most out of this cutting-edge device.Details how the Galaxy Tab 10.1 goes one step further than theiPad with phone communications plus video chat andconferencingExplains in detail how to find your way around the Galaxy Tab10.1Covers e-mailing, web browsing, using the digital library,connecting with friends in the galaxy, taking photos with thecamera, and enjoying musicHighlights how to customize your Galaxy Tab 10.1 so that it'sright for your needs
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 For Dummies is must-have readingfor anyone who wants to go beyond the basics and explore anothergalaxy of tablet computing!
Samsung Galaxy Tab S For Dummies is a user-friendly guide to getting the most out of your new tablet. You'll discover how different the tablet experience is from the desktop, laptop, or smartphone, and learn how to take advantage of everything your Galaxy Tab S has to offer. This entertaining guide walks you through each feature one by one, helping you learn exactly what your tablet can do for you. With everything from reading to playing games and surfing the Internet, you will learn how to be productive and have fun, too!Navigate your Galaxy Tab S easily, and get acquainted with the keyboardSend e-mail, browse the Web, and tap into social mediaMake phone calls, take pictures, and hold video chatsPlay music, movies, games, and more
Your Galaxy Tab S has so much to offer — it's not a computer, but it is so much more than a smartphone. Samsung Galaxy Tab S For Dummies is the perfect guide to getting to know your Galaxy S tablet, so settle in and see what your tablet can do.
New apps and features covered include Camera, Clock, Google Keep, Android Device Manager, Play Games, Quick Settings, Lock-screen widgets, multiple users, restricted profiles, HDMI screen mirroring, external displays, Miracast, wireless charging, app verification, gesture typing, printing, cellular (LTE/HSPA+) connections, privacy options, Hangouts, the notification light, the remodeled Google Play store, and the updated versions of Chrome, Gmail, and Maps.
- Covers all Nexus 7 models and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
- Covers all Google Play edition (pure Android) tablets, including the LG G Pad 8.3.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage your email with Gmail or Email.
- Chat with family and friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Calendar, People, Google Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Gallery.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus 7
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
Getting a smartphone or tablet can be intimidating for anyone, but this user-friendly guide is here to help you to get the most out of all your new gadget has to offer! Whether you’re upgrading from an older model or totally new to the awesome world of Androids, this book makes it easier than ever to get up and running with the latest technology.
From setup and configuration to taking advantage of all those intricate bells and whistles, Android Phones & Tablets For Dummies helps you unleash everything your Android can do for you. If you’re looking to use your phone or tablet for texting, emailing, accessing the Internet, or anything in between, you’ll want to keep this go-to reference close by every step of the way.
• Make sense of the phone features
• Find your way around with navigation
• Capture moments on the camera
• Seamlessly sync with a PC or Mac
Who needs a headache when dealing with a new device? This book makes it totally pain free!