- Before and after pictures illustrating just how contouring makeup can change your face.
- Large, full-color photos showing step-by-step application for lips, cheeks, and eyes.
- Techniques on how to correct features and flaws using makeup.
- Secrets for weather-proofing your makeup.
- Application tutorials for creating the most popular looks, including natural, bridal, smoky, and day-to-night looks.
Features 30 gorgeous step-by-step looks from all-sparkle lips to intricate eye make-up, glitter braids and beards, to full-on body art or a perfectly simple glitter lash line.
Halloween, Christmas or festival season just isn't the same without a little sparkle and shimmer.
Also includes glitter inspiration from the runway to Instagram, your basic eco-glitter beauty kit, fashion and accessories to complete the look, sparkling stockists and top tips from the experts, including make-up artists, drag queens, celebs, stylists and fashion designers.
Grab your glitter, because you deserve to shine!
‘Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together’ Elizabeth Taylor
Beauty books. Exquisite coffee-table affairs featuring improbably beautiful models with wholly-unachievable-to-most women looks, product review-heavy volumes which become almost instantly outdated, or tracts of holistic mumbo jumbo, like how to make an unproven face pack from organic molasses and rough-hewn porridge oats.
In Pretty Honest, Sali Hughes draws on over 20 years of wisdom, advice and expertise to show real women how to make the most of makeup’s physically and emotionally transformative powers. Covering everything from teenage skin to mature beauty, botox to bridal make-up, sickness to good health, it's a work that is part instruction manual, part love letter to makeup – in a writing style that combines beauty editor, feminist and painfully funny best friend.