Order your copy of the perfect preparation and review resource, Security+ Fast Pass today!
Note:CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
The latest addition to the best selling "How to Cheat..." series of IT handbooks, this book clearly identifies the primary vulnerabilities of most computer networks, including user access, remote access, messaging, wireless hacking, media, email threats, storage devices, and web applications. Solutions are provided for each type of threat, with emphasis on intrusion detection, prevention, and disaster recovery.
* A concise information source - perfect for busy System Administrators with little spare time
* Details what to do when disaster strikes your network
* Covers the most likely threats to small to medium sized networks
* Visual Payloads
View attacks as visible to the end user, including notation of variants.
* Timeline of Mobile Hoaxes and Threats
Understand the history of major attacks and horizon for emerging threates.
* Overview of Mobile Malware Families
Identify and understand groups of mobile malicious code and their variations.
* Taxonomy of Mobile Malware
Bring order to known samples based on infection, distribution, and payload strategies.
* Phishing, SMishing, and Vishing Attacks
Detect and mitigate phone-based phishing (vishing) and SMS phishing (SMishing) techniques.
* Operating System and Device Vulnerabilities
Analyze unique OS security issues and examine offensive mobile device threats.
* Analyze Mobile Malware
Design a sandbox for dynamic software analysis and use MobileSandbox to analyze mobile malware.
* Forensic Analysis of Mobile Malware
Conduct forensic analysis of mobile devices and learn key differences in mobile forensics.
* Debugging and Disassembling Mobile Malware
Use IDA and other tools to reverse-engineer samples of malicious code for analysis.
* Mobile Malware Mitigation Measures
Qualify risk, understand threats to mobile assets, defend against attacks, and remediate incidents.
* Understand the History and Threat Landscape of Rapidly Emerging Mobile Attacks
* Analyze Mobile Device/Platform Vulnerabilities and Exploits
* Mitigate Current and Future Mobile Malware Threats
Practical Internet Security reveals how the Internet is paving the way for secure communications within organizations and on the public Internet. This book provides the fundamental knowledge needed to analyze risks to a system and to implement a security policy that protects information assets from potential intrusion, damage, or theft. It provides dozens of real-life scenarios and examples, as well as hands-on instruction in securing Web communications and sites. You will learn the common vulnerabilities of Web sites; as well as, how to carry out secure communications across unsecured networks. All system administrators and IT security managers will find this book an essential practical resource.
In Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide (Exam SY0-401), the bestselling author and leading authority on CompTIA A+ certification brings his highly effective methodology to IT security for the first time. Like the exam, this book goes beyond knowledge application and is designed to ensure that security personnel anticipate security risks and guard against them. Meyers’ “in the trenches” voice and the clarity of his explanations make his books the bestselling self-study resources available for professional certification.Electronic content includes: 20+ lab simulations, 1+ hour of video training from Meyers, and hundreds of practice exam questions McGraw-Hill Professional is a Platinum-Level CompTIA Authorized Partner CAQC Authorized (CompTIA Approved Quality Curriculum) Includes Mike's toolbox of favorite network security related freeware/shareware
Penetration Testing Essentials provides a starting place for professionals and beginners looking to learn more about penetration testing for cybersecurity. Certification eligibility requires work experience—but before you get that experience, you need a basic understanding of the technical and behavioral ways attackers compromise security, and the tools and techniques you'll use to discover the weak spots before others do. You'll learn information gathering techniques, scanning and enumeration, how to target wireless networks, and much more as you build your pen tester skill set. You'll learn how to break in, look around, get out, and cover your tracks, all without ever being noticed. Pen testers are tremendously important to data security, so they need to be sharp and well-versed in technique, but they also need to work smarter than the average hacker. This book set you on the right path, with expert instruction from a veteran IT security expert with multiple security certifications.
IT Security certifications have stringent requirements and demand a complex body of knowledge. This book lays the groundwork for any IT professional hoping to move into a cybersecurity career by developing a robust pen tester skill set. Learn the fundamentals of security and cryptography Master breaking, entering, and maintaining access to a system Escape and evade detection while covering your tracks Build your pen testing lab and the essential toolbox
Start developing the tools and mindset you need to become experienced in pen testing today.
Despite massive investments in security technology and training, hackers are increasingly succeeding in attacking networks at their weakest links: their endpoints. Now, leading security expert Mark Kadrich introduces a breakthrough strategy to protecting all your endpoint devices, from desktops and notebooks to PDAs and cellphones.
Drawing on powerful process control techniques, Kadrich shows how to systematically prevent and eliminate network contamination and infestation, safeguard endpoints against today’s newest threats, and prepare yourself for tomorrow’s attacks. As part of his end-to-end strategy, he shows how to utilize technical innovations ranging from network admission control to “trusted computing.”
Unlike traditional “one-size-fits-all” solutions, Kadrich’s approach reflects the unique features of every endpoint, from its applications to its environment. Kadrich presents specific, customized strategies for Windows PCs, notebooks, Unix/Linux workstations, Macs, PDAs, smartphones, cellphones, embedded devices, and more.
You’ll learn how to:
• Recognize dangerous limitations in conventional
endpoint security strategies
• Identify the best products, tools, and processes to secure your specific devices and infrastructure
• Configure new endpoints securely and reconfigure existing endpoints to optimize security
• Rapidly identify and remediate compromised
• Systematically defend against new endpoint-focused malware and viruses
• Improve security at the point of integration between endpoints and your network
Whether you’re a security engineer, consultant, administrator, architect, manager, or CSO, this book delivers what you’ve been searching for:
a comprehensive endpoint security strategy that works.
* First book to address securing an entire Microsoft network from Web servers all the way back to the desktop.
* Companion Web site provides best practices checklists for securing Microsoft operating systems, applications, servers, and databases.
* Companion Web site provides special chapter on designing and implementing a disaster recover plan for a Microsoft network.